Something to Remember

Chapter 12

SARAH:

By Tuesday, I had said my goodbyes, packed up my apartment with the little belongings I had, and flown to L.A. When I met with Jeremy and his team, they wasted no time, insisting that we should start as soon as possible. All the paper work was immediatley figured out and we started recording two days later.

Everyone acted impressed with the songs I wrote and promised me that I was going to be big. Honestly, I didn't care so long as I got to make music. I had finally realized how huge this could be for me and I wasn't going to let my past ruin it.

The next few weeks flew by before I even had a chance to realize it.

*************************

It was nine twenty and they still weren't here. I pulled out my cell to call Zac while I waited.

“How’ve you been, Hollywood?”

Zac had picked up on the second ring and it made me smile. No matter when I called, he was always there to answer. If it hadn’t been for him and my new band mates this past month, I wasn’t sure what I would’ve done.

“Oh, so is that my new pet name? Princess has now turned to Hollywood?”

Zac chuckled. “Well it did seem more fitting…”

“Touché.”

I could hear road noise and horns in the background, so I figured he was on his lunch break. After all, he was four hours ahead of our California time.

“So, what’s up?” Zac asked and I could practically see him walking the streets of New York, with one hand in his sweatshirt pocket and the other holding the phone up to his ear. The cold probably made his cheeks red and his breath visible. I sighed.

“Oh you know, just waiting for my band to show up so we might actually practice every once in a while. I swear, Tyler, Ryan, Kyle, and Jack act like gods. They think everything should revolve around them,” I huffed and Zac laughed.

“What? They do! And I get in trouble for it. Jeremy’s just like, ‘Sarah, this is serious here, you need to act like it’ and I’m just like what the hell?! They’re the ones who drag me to parties and are always late for everything, it’s not me.”

My complaining only made Zac find things more humorous.

“Oh, the woes of your celebrity life. Seriously though, I need to meet these guys who manage to push your buttons so well. Maybe they can give me pointers.” I grunted and he laughed again.

“Oh my god, I almost forgot to tell you. Falling made number 15 on the Alternative Chart on iTunes this week. I am so stoked! Finally all the nonstop interviews, photo-shoots, and meetings are paying off,” I couldn’t believe I had forgotten to tell him first thing. Zac had become my best friend since leaving New York four weeks ago and I loved having someone to talk to.

“That’s awesome! So does that mean the chaos is over then? A hit single, an EP, and a music video sound like enough work to deserve a vacation to me,” Zac said. I had been thinking the same thing.

“Unfortunately no. Jeremy said that things are gonna stay pretty hectic until we have some tour dates, which he claims he is close to getting. I don’t know how many tour slots are open though, we’re cutting it pretty close considering we’re in October. All the bands Jeremy was looking at started their tours around Novemberish.”

I shrugged and looked up to see the guys pulling into the driveway in their black convertible. It was about time, I had only waited a half hour.

“Well would you look at that, the guys finally decided to show up,” I said to Zac.

“Oh go easy on ‘em. It sounds like they’ve been pretty great to you so far, no matter how much they may annoy you,” he told me.

I watched as they all piled out of the car, Ryan hopping over the side because he was too lazy to open the door, and smiled.

“Yeah, they have been,” I said softly. All of them had been extremely friendly and welcoming to me so far and we were quickly becoming a family. Overall, no matter how irritating they could be, they were some of the coolest people I ever met.

As I watched them walk together towards the studio and me, I realized how much they looked like rock stars, each in skinny jeans with tattoos. I could only be thrilled to call them my band. Having such awesome people to jam with was making the move from New York to L.A. much easier.

The moment the guys noticed me standing against the building though, they glanced at each other before letting out hoots and hollers. They all simultaneously took off at a sprint straight for me and I squealed.

“Uh, Zac, I gotta go!” I quickly shouted into the phone before hanging up and leaving my spot against the wall, trying to make it to the door.

“Shit, shit, shit!” I scrambled to avoid being caught but I knew it was hopeless. They all had much longer legs than me.

In three seconds flat, I was being thrown over one of their shoulders while they all laughed hysterically.

“Kyle, you asshole! Put me down!” I said while hitting his back, but it wasn’t very convincing because I was giggling like crazy.

“You should just stop trying to run, Sarah. You know we catch you every time,” Ryan said while mockingly patting my back.

After the guys finally put me down and stopped teasing me, we made our way into the studio to practice. With Kyle on bass, Jack on drums, Ryan on guitar, and Tyler switching between guitar and the keyboard, we were having a pretty successful session.

While we were taking a break, my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and it was Jeremy.

“Oooo, is that your boyfriend Sarah?” Tyler made a kissy face at me and I rolled my eyes.

“No. It is Jeremy, for your information.” I said and stuck my tongue out at him. They all had a way of bringing out the worst in me.

“Oh, let me talk to him. I want to give him crap for this early practice.”

I handed the phone to Tyler but shook my head.

“You guys got here a half hour late. It was the normal time for all of you,” I said.

Tyler glared at me before answering the phone. “Shut up.”

After a long series of complaints and one worded answers, Tyler hung up with a huge smile on his face.

“You guys are never gonna believe it, Jeremy got us a spot on a tour in the end of November!”

We all jumped up at the same time. Ryan hopped on top of Kyle while Tyler randomly ripped his shirt off and Jack gave me a piggy back ride. All of us were shouting and being obnoxious until Jack suddenly froze. We all did too.

“Wait, who’s tour is it?” he asked.

“That’s the best part dude! We’re touring with The Maine!” Tyler was grinning from ear to ear. They all started congratulating each other again, but this time I didn’t join in,

“Hey, Sarah! What’s wrong?”

I slowly lowered myself onto the couch. No way could this be real, somebody better fucking kill me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really really hope this part of the story didn't jump too fast, I was just worried that if I drug it out anymore it would get boring... oh well, what're you gonna do :P

So for the next chapter, I'm thinking it will be from John's POV again, finally. I promise things will start picking up; I don't know why but I've been struggling with these past few chapters. Hopefully I haven't lost your interest completely....

THANK YOU to the subscribers and readers! You guys rock!