Something to Remember

Chapter 3

SARAH:

“Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom. Excuse me.” I shoved some star struck girls out of my way and raced down the steps to get to the restrooms.

When I got there, I locked myself in a stall. After I used toilet paper to wipe all the snot and tears off my face, I sat down on the floor and leaned back against the stall door.

He wrote a song about us. I’d always had my suspicions, but seeing John sing it live just destroyed any doubt I’d had. He always tried to keep people from understanding the stories behind his lyrics, but I knew with unwavering confidence that this song was about the time we had spent together.

When I first met John, I was starting my first year at ASU and he was every bit the charming, handsome rock star. I fell for him the moment he smiled that crooked grin of his and for three months, I could have sworn he had fallen for me too. We were practically inseparable and I had honestly believed that he was the one.

It wasn’t until John started hanging out with some lowlifes he called his friends that I started to lose him. I could feel him starting to drift away and I knew that he was stuck in his head. He decided to end us and never looked back, although he apparently did.

I heard the bathroom door open so I picked myself off the floor and walked out of the stall. The girl who had just walked in looked at me and her expression automatically turned sympathetic.

“Are you alright?” I recognized her from when I was standing in line. She had come here with two of her friends and wouldn’t shut up about John the entire hour we waited to get in.

“Yeah. Yeah, I will be.” I said while throwing away my soggy toilet paper and fixing my makeup. The girl looked at me and smiled.

“Well if you need anything, my name is Bree. I sit three rows behind you in the balcony,” she told me.

“Thanks,” I gave her a small smile and headed for the door.

“Before you go… is it guy trouble? ” she asked knowingly. I turned around and gave her a smile, a real one.

“What other kind of trouble is there?” I heard her laugh as I walked through the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully I started to answer some questions you may be having about who Sarah is. Specifics about her and John are soon to come.

Thank you for reading, I hope you like the story! Let me know if you have any ideas...