Status: Completed. My first attempt at fan fiction.

Dancing By Myself

One

Lockers slammed and sneakers squeaked as excited teenagers rushed out the doors of McKinley High. Tina Cohen-Chang took her time walking to her locker. Everything felt so final. Half of friends in Glee club, including her boyfriend Mike, would be graduating and wouldn’t be returning next year.

Sighing, she turned the lock to her familiar combination and grabbed the small bag she had filled with knick-knacks from her locker. She was about to close her locker when a single folded piece of notebook paper floated to the ground.

Confused, Tina picked up the paper and unfolded it:

Tina, please meet me in the choir room after school.

There was no signature or even a hint at who could be waiting for her. Tina turned and headed to the choir room, a small smile on her lips. It had to be Mike with a surprise for her.

Turning into the completely dark room Tina called out, “Hello? Mike?”

“Is anybody in here?”

Multi-colored lights and the squeak on a wheelchair answered her question, “Artie?”

Artie Abrams smiled up at Tina and pushed his glasses higher onto his nose, “Tina, I was afraid you wouldn’t make it.”

Tina let out a deflated sigh, “Artie, what is this? Why is this room so dark?”

“Sorry, could you turn on the lights please?”

Tina moved to the door and flicked the lights on. Immediately, the room flooded with light, “Well?” Tina asked moving to sit in a chair, “What did you summon me here for?”

“You could sound a little more enthusiastic.”

“Not really. I can guess why we’re here and I thought we had this conversation Artie.”

Tina and Artie had dated for quite some time. He was the first person she told about the stuttering persona she had built up in hopes of keeping people away. They had a strong relationship, until after the summer Tina spent with Mike at Asian Camp. Artie had made many fruitless attempts at getting back with Tina, but with no hope of them getting back together, but the two had managed to stay friends.

“Tina, please just hear me out, okay?”

Tina sighed, but leaned back in her seat, “You have fifteen minutes.”

Artie grinned, “ I was hoping you’d say that. Come on it guys.”

Tina watched stunned a few band members took their spots by their ready instruments

“Really? You’re going to sing to me?”

“Well, I was going to, but since you gave me such a short time span...”

Tina rolled her eyes; “Artie...” warning was laced in her voice.

“Alright, alright,” he nodded towards the band and they softly began playing a slow RnB song.

Tina couldn’t help letting a small smile cross her face. This was the cheesy stuff that people like Rachel and Finn did.

“I got the idea from Finn,” Artie laughed, reading Tina’s mind, “I know this is extremely lame and not something a person with as much swag as I have should be doing, but it’s my last resort.”

Artie began moving his arm to the music and wheeled his chair around in his make shift dance moves, “ dance with me.”

Tina laughed, but got up and started slowing moving around with Artie.

“You’re wasting your fifteen minutes.”

“You were supposed to forget about that,” Artie stopped and motioned for Tina to spin.

Tina spun laughing as her black and purple infused hair whipped her face, “Your turn!” She quickly grabbed the handle bars of Artie’s wheelchair and spun him wildly in a circle.

“Wait, stop!” Artie spoke between laughs, “I’m getting dizzy.”

“I’m sorry,” Tina slowed the chair to stop, “Okay, tell me what you need to tell me.”

She really doesn’t waste any time , Artie thought to himself, “Tina, I think the reason I brought you here is quite obvious. I want you to consider giving our relationship a sec-“

“I knew it! Artie! How many times do I have to go over this with you? I’m dating Mike now. I love him, there’s no hope for what we once had. It’s over.”

“Really? Would have stayed here this long knowing what I was going to ask you, if you loved Mike so much?”

Tina grabbed her bag, “I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Obviously, I was too generous with that. Good-bye Artie.”

“Wait, Tina. I’m sorry that was outta line.”

Tina paused at the doorway, “You still have five minutes.”

Artie quickly rolled to Tina, “I know you’re in love with Mike, but... Tina I’m in love with you. I was with Brittany to make you jealous. I do everything and anything just so you’ll notice me. I’m sorry I was such a crappy boyfriend, you deserve so much more and I want to give it to you.”

“Artie...”

“Wait! Please, don’t leave! I can sing to you or I can beg, just please...” Artie held limply to Tina’s hand, head bent so she couldn’t see the tears forming in his eyes.

“I’m sorry Artie. I love you, but that part of our relationship is over. I can’t go back,” Tina gave him a quick kiss on the top of his head, “We can be friends, but that’s it for us.”

“I’ll see you around...” Tina turned and fled from the room. She couldn’t stand seeing her friend hurt like that, but it was time for them to move on. Both of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any errors. I'll go back and check later. Yay, this is my first fan-fiction. I think I did the characters just if I say so myself.