‹ Prequel: You are Free
Status: hiatus

Forever Never Lasts

Fault

“I don't wanna be back here,” Jennifer mutters under her breath, looking around the all-to-familiar bedroom. It had always been a rather boring room. Creme colored walls, with dark, cold, hardwood floors. All of the furniture in the room matched the wooden floor. Kozik made sure of that much when he put the new floors down after painting the walls.

The young woman's gray eyes travel up the wall, to a cluster to photos with black frames. The photos were of a happy looking blonde family. The couple in the photos looked even happier in the photos that their son were in. “Gunner,” she shakes her head, resting it in her hands.

“Jenny,” a knock echoes from the bedroom door.

“Go away,” Jennifer snaps, not picking her head up from her hands.

The door slowly creaks open, revealing a woman with short brown hair. “Jennifer.”

Looking up from her hands, Jennifer sighs as she makes eye contact with the hazel-eyed woman.

“You look rough,” Tara nods. “Portland was that bad, huh?”

“I haven't slept in a few days. I don't wanna be here, Tara.” Jennifer whispers, shrugging her thin shoulders.

Tara nods, slowly sitting on the bed next to Jennifer, “Yeah, you and me both.”

“I got out,” Jennifer smiled, shaking her head. “I was on my own. I supported myself and my son without anyone's help. I felt empowered. I felt independent. I began coping with Koz's...”

Tara looks over at the younger woman as she trails off.

With glazed over eyes, Jennifer shakes her head. “I can't cope here. I see him everywhere here.”

The brunette nods, slowly and gently rubbing her sister-in-law's back.

“I can't stay sober here,” Jennifer takes a deep breath. “This is all Jax's fault.”

Tara nods, slowly pulling the crying woman into her arms. “I know it is, Jen.”

Image


Jennifer wipes her nose as she climbs out of her old Blazer.

“What are you doing here?” Happy stops her before she can even make it to the garage bays.

She blinks, staring at Jax working in the garage. “Um,” she looks up at Happy, “I came to see you.”

His eyes narrow behind his dark sunglasses.

Jennifer squints. “I wanna talk to you, Hap. Can we go somewhere to talk?”

“C'mon,” he grabs her hand and begins walking toward the garage.

Jennifer makes eye contact with Jax as she closes the door to the office behind herself, making sure to lock the deadbolt. She releases Happy's hand and locks the deadbolt to the door leading out to the parking lot.

“So, what's goin' on?”

Sniffling lightly, Jennifer wipes her nose again before turning around to face the man leaning back against the desk. She looks around the empty office. “Sit,” she points to one of the couches.

Happy places his sunglasses down on the desk, slowly, but suspiciously, following the command. “Okay,” he shrugs. “You wanna talk to me now?”

“I don't wanna talk,” Jennifer smirks, setting her large purse down on the desk.

Before Happy can say a word, Jennifer is standing right in front of him. He just raises his eyebrows, clearly confused.

“I want you,” Jennifer whispers, lowering herself to straddle the man's lap. “Tell me you want me.”

Happy slowly tilts his head to the side, looking at Jennifer's face. “Are you high?”

She nods her head, grabbing his hands and placing them on her short, black lace shorts. “But I want you, Hap. Don't you want me?”

“Jennifer,” he says quietly, not moving his hands from her ass.

The young woman places her hands on the man's white shirt, stained from working in the garage bays all day.

“I've always seen the way you look at me, Happy,” Jennifer whispers in his ear. “You've wanted me since Kozik claimed me when I was seventeen.”

Happy closes his eyes as Jennifer grinds herself on him.

“I feel how much you want me right now,” she giggles, slurring her words. “C'mon, Happy. Don't make me go look for someone else to make me feel good.”

Jennifer giggles and bites her lip when Happy tears her white shirt at the buttons, exposing her black lacy bra. She closes her eyes and quietly moans, feeling his rough hands on the soft skin of her abdomen. “I knew you wanted me,” she whispers.

Image


Jax pounds his fist on the door of the office, from the garage bay.

“How long they been in there?” Chibs nods toward the door, not moving away from his bike on the lift.

Jax shakes his head, “twenty minutes?”

The deadbolt clicks and the door opens quickly.

“Jesus Christ,” Jax shakes his head, looking at his sister's appearance.

She leans against the door, smirking. “Can I help you?”

“What the fuck?” Jax scoffs, pointing to her nearly exposed body.

Jennifer looks down at her white shirt, open because the Happy tore the buttons off opening the shirt. Her tiny black shorts leave nothing to the imagination, and her black heels are just the icing on the cake.

“What, Jax?” She smirks, “I'm kinda busy.”

Jax quickly reaches out, grabbing a handful of Jennifer's long, messy blonde hair.

“What the fuck?!” She screams, quickly kicking toward him.

Jax groans, releasing her and doubling over.

Jennifer leaps toward her brother, catching him off guard and knocking him on his back. Her swinging fists are colliding with his face and chest before they are both on the concrete ground of the garage bay. “I'll fucking kill you,” Jennifer cries as she continues to swing at her brother.

Jax quickly grabs Jennifer's neck, limiting her range of movement and stopping her from grabbing any tools off of the ground near them. Rolling them over, he straddles the young woman and continues to hold her down by her neck. “I will kill you,” Jax presses down on her windpipe gently, “long before you'll ever get the chance to kill me.”

Jennifer glares at her brother through squinted eyes, attempting to raise one of her fists to hit him again.

He grabs her wrist and squeezes.

Her scream is silent.

“Go ahead and scream,” Jax shakes his head. “No one's gonna hear you, you whore.”

Jennifer's eyes glaze over, and she continues struggling. Her lips move, but no words come out.

“Jax,” Chibs tries to get the President's attention.

“Leave us alone,” Jax growls, barely looking over his shoulder.

Jennifer uses her free hand to grab at the ground to her left. She wraps her hand around the handle of a rounded hammer and swings it into Jax's ribs. The force is just enough to get his attention and cause minimal pain.

Jax lets up on Jennifer's windpipe and the young woman gasps for air. When the look of anger finally emerges on Jax's face again, Jennifer attempts to back out of under his body.

A scream leaves her lips as her brother's hand pulls on her hair, keeping her in place. The screams continue, as the young woman attempts to cover her face from her brother's blows with her thin arms.

“Jackie!” Chibs screams, quickly intervening and attempting to pull his President off of the woman.

Happy quickly helps to pull Jax off of the heap that is now Jennifer's body.

Jennifer slowly lifts herself up onto her elbows, spitting some blood out of her mouth. The blood pours down her chin, dripping onto her chest. The liquid quickly makes its way down her exposed abdomen before pooling in her belly button, and making its way even further down her body. Her body trembles as she stares up at the man being held back by two of his brothers.

“Jesus Christ,” Happy whispers, just staring at the damage that Jax had done.

“You're a monster, Jackson.” Jennifer whispers, shaking her head and spitting more blood out of her mouth. “Why did you even bring me back here? To kill me? Do me in, just like you did my old man?”

The President's eyes narrow.

“Yeah,” Jennifer laughs. “You think I wouldn't find out what you did?”

Jax shakes his head, “Club business isn't your business.”

“He was my father!” Jennifer explodes, standing up almost too quickly. “No matter if he and I weren't getting along... He was still my dad. And you killed him.”

The three men watch Jennifer attempt to steady herself. She stumbles slightly, as her skin grows increasingly pale.

"Jenny," Happy slowly loosens his grip on Jax's arm.

"Shit!" Chibs exclaims, watching Jennifer's gray, glazed eyes roll into the back of her head just before her knees buckle and her body makes contact with the cold concrete floor.