‹ Prequel: You are Free
Status: hiatus

Forever Never Lasts

Pray

Allowing her fingers to lace together, Jennifer rests her forehead against her balled up hands. Her voice is barely above a whisper, escaping her lips unsteadily. "I don't know what else to do," she swallows the lump rising in her throat. Her fingers tighten around her trembling hands. "I-I need answers, God. I know that it may not matter to you," pausing to take a deep breath, Jennifer blinks rapidly.

A subtle noise from down the hall, the sound of a door closing, causes Jennifer to glance over her hands. Between the dim lighting and her blurred vision, her own bedroom door is barely visible.

"I've tried talking to Tara, and she just keeps telling me that... you've got a plan. And while I respect that, I need some answers--"

She cries aloud quietly, biting down on her first left knuckle. Her tears fall again, down her flushed cheeks and onto her hands.

The sound of water running barely dominates the sound of her cries.

"I don't think this was supposed to happen to me," she whispers. "My husband wasn't supposed to leave me alone to raise our son. I'm only twenty-four." Allowing her hands to separate, Jennifer slowly tilts her head back, "I can't do this."

Image


"How's my sister doing?"

Happy slowly looks toward the Vice President of SAMCRO.

"You thought I wouldn't find out?" Jax smirks lightly.

He shakes his head, his scratchy voice even quieter than Jax's. "It's not like that."

"Not my business," Jax shrugs casually.

Unconvinced, Happy nods slightly.

"She's still taking care of Gunner, though?"

Happy nods, "he's doing good."

"Good," Jax nods.

Image


"Jenny, it's me," Tara paces the length of the kitchen. "I've been trying to call you for a little bit and I haven't been able to get through. Call me back when you get this."

Jax watches Tara end the call and set the phone down. "She's not picking up?"

"I've been trying since last night," Tara shrugs lightly, turning to face Jax.

"What time is it?"

"Six," Tara sighs.

He nods, slowly pulling his vest on, "I'll check on her."

Tara nods, "Call me if you need any help."

"I think I'll be fine," Jax smiles, slowly leaning down and placing his lips against Tara's.

Image


"What were you doing out so late?"

Her arm clenches over her large purse, protecting it under her arm. "I just needed to clear my mind. What are you doing here?"

Tig stands up, "I came here to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Clay... your dad, he's, uh," Tig stumbles over his words. "He's in the hospital."

Inhaling deeply, Jennifer's nostrils flare.

"He was shot," Tig says quietly.

Her facial expression does not change.

"Hap's already up there. If you want a ride--"

She shakes her head, "I'll drive myself. You can go ahead, I've gotta get Gunner up."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback, please? :)

xoxo