‹ Prequel: You are Free
Status: hiatus

Forever Never Lasts

Runaway

“Look at you,” Jennifer coos at her son. “So handsome.”

Gunner smiles, looking up at his mother through his thick eyelashes.

“You ready to go home?”

He nods silently, raising his arms to signal that he is ready to be picked up.

Jennifer quietly groans, picking her son up and setting him in his car seat. “You’re getting so heavy, Bubba.”

She has not heard the roar of a Harley in what feels like years. So when the sound fills her ear drums, Jennifer’s head shoots up and she frantically begins looking around.

Across the street, two men are backed into parking spaces. They are still sitting on their Harleys, talking to one another.

Jennifer swallows the lump in her throat, quickly buckling Gunner’s safety belt and closing the car door. Holding her keys with a white knuckle grip, she keeps her eyes on the men as she rounds the Blazer.

One of the men reaches into his cut, pulling out a cell phone and very obviously pointing it right at her.

Not missing a beat, Jennifer quickly holds both hands up, flipping the men two birds. “Fucking assholes,” she growls, storming to the driver’s door of the Blazer before climbing into the vehicle.

Image


“What?” Jax takes the photograph out of Juice’s hand.

Juice nods eagerly, “it’s her, man.”

“Where did you get this?” Jax asks, not looking up from the photograph.

“Well, uh,” Juice shrugs, “Bobby sent it to me and asked me to give it to you.”

Jax nods slowly. “Where is she, then?”

“Just outside of Portland, according to what Bobby was saying. He’s kind of working on getting an exact address.”

Nodding, Jax blankly stares at Juice. “Let me know when you find something out.”

Juice nods quickly.

Image


“Go away, Bobby,” Jennifer grumbles, opening the door even less than what the chain lock will allow.

The older man chuckles, “there’re a lotta people looking for you, Jenny.”

“I kind of have a life here, now. I can’t just up and leave that.”

“What you got ain’t no life, darlin’. What is this, a studio apartment at most? You’re driving a beater, and you work two part time jobs.”

Jennifer’s jaw tightens. “And? I’m making ends meet. I’m clean now, and I’m taking care of my son. I’m doing a lot better than I was in Charming.”

“You can’t run from your family, Jen. That kinda shit just don’t work out.”

“With all due respect, Bobby Elvis,” Jennifer sighs as she crosses her arms over her full chest. “It’s been working out for the past… what are we going on now, nine months?”

Bobby nods. “If that’s you how feel, sugar. You’re an adult now. You know you can always call if you need anything, right?”

“Thanks, Bobby,” Jennifer nods. “Take care of yourself, Nomad.”

He chuckles, “yeah, right back at ya, kid.”

Bobby slowly walks back to his Harley after Jennifer closes the door and locks the deadbolt. Taking out his cell phone, he quickly texts Juice: 542 Rafter Ave Apt 4 Portland OR.
♠ ♠ ♠
My writing is a little rusty.
I apologize.
xoxo