Angels With Even Filthier Souls

Chapter 1/3

F.O.B.’s Garage…

Pete swears at Rayne and then throws a vial of holy water at her.

“What the fuck was that about?” Rayne screams at Pete as she ducks out of the way.

“Just piss off Rayne – I’m not in the mood!” Pete screams as he slams his gym locker door shut.

“Fucking vampire…” Rayne mutters as she walks off.

“Like you can talk…” Pete replies inaudibly.

“It’s no good…” Patrick whines, “the car is never going to start!”

“Here, let me have a look…” Andy says as he walks over to Patrick and the beat-up-looking Mustang. “What’s exactly wrong with it by the way?”

“If I knew that it would be fixed by now!” Patrick says angrily as he slams the Mustang’s hood down.

“Have a look at the spark plugs…” Joe calls over to them.

Both Patrick and Andy look up from the Mustang to star at Joe.

“It was only a suggestion!” Joe says, waving his hands in the air in protest.

The ‘Dandy’s’ Mansion…

“Why’d you turn him? You should’ve just killed him.” Michael says to William as they walk towards William’s study.

“It was months ago, Michael.” William replies.

“Then why are you hiding it from her?” Brendon asks as he joins them outside William’s study.

“I’m not hiding anything from her! It was a mistake and I’ll fix it.” William mutters, opening the door to his study.

“Hiding what from me?”

“Stupid bloody car!” Patrick yells as he kicks the car.

“Sweetie, don’t do that.” Rayne says softly as she suddenly appears behind him.

Patrick jumps, “I give up…”

Rayne leans in to kiss him, but Patrick shies away. Rayne’s face saddens and she starts to walk away from him.

“Rayne…I’m sorry…It’s just that…” Patrick starts.

“I know, Pat…I never asked to be like this!” Rayne snaps, then she storms out of the room.

Patrick sighs and collapses onto the sofa.

*Flashback*

“Pete, what’s wrong?” Rayne asks as Pete falls through the front door. Pete collapses and Rayne rushes to his side.

“Oh my God.” Rayne mutters, noticing the blood and trying to stem the flow. “Oh God, I’ve gotta get Patrick.”

“N…no…” Pete gasps, sitting up.

“Pete, we need to stop the blood. How did this happen?”

Pete whispers something and Rayne leans closer to hear him. Too close. Pete reaches forward and sinks his lengthening teeth into her neck…

End Flashback*


Rayne shudders and rubs her neck where Pete had bitten her.

“You alright?” Andy asks as he looks up and sees her standing there with a far-away look in her eyes and a hand at her throat.

“Hmmm?” Rayne shakes her head and looks over at Andy. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“William…will you tell me already!” Pandora says finally losing her patience.

“Come here…” William says as he catches her by the arm and walks her over to a corner of the room.

Pandora looks up at him questioningly.

“Pandora…I…I’ve been meaning to tell you this for some time…” William starts, “I…I turned someone…”

“William…you know the rules…w are never supposed to turn others…”

“I know and I’ll take care of it…” William whispers as he embraces her in a hug. “I swear I will…”