Status: Updating Once or Twice a Week for now.

Angels Born of Hell and Fire

Chapter Three

[Megan P.O.V]

Chapter Three:

“I ask you do not attempt to run or hide. It would only serve to anger the Master again.”

The woman’s soft voice told us as we left the black and white room. “I do not want to have to bind you, it would be unsightly if anyone was to see.”

Jasper and I shared a glance. She squeezed my hand and I nodded. No running until we at least knew where we were. Honestly, after what had happened earlier I felt too battered to continue the struggle. Running like rabbits away from a fox hadn't done us any good.

Obediently we followed the maid down a long quite hallway, our footfalls sounding loud and intrusive.

The hall seemed to go on for forever until finally with came upon a grand stair case, leading down into a massive hall. As we descended I saw that to the right seemed to be some type of living room, the left a dining room. I noticed all the windows down here had bars on them, hid behind pretty curtains. It seemed they were in a mansion of some sort; the home of the man who had bought them. There were people down here. At least I thought they were real people and not statues. Two men stood clad head to toe in black beside two large wooden doors I could only assume led to the outside world. They didn’t move, didn’t even look as our little group passed by.

No escaping through the front door then…

I wondered how many more men in black where scattered around the premises.

The maid stopped us in front of an ordinate wood door. She knocked, and meekly opened the door.

“My Lord, they are here.”

“Send them in. And how many time do I have to tell you Marie, to call me Sir not My Lord,” a smooth voice said.

Marie dipped her head.

“I am sorry, M- Sir. I will try and remember next time.”

She opened the door all the way and ushered us inside before shutting the door with a quite click. Nowhere to go.

The room we had entered looked to be an office of some sort. It had a large mahogany desk that was dominate in the room, a few plush chairs in front of it, and a giant one behind. A few book selves lined the southern wall, a painting the northern, and the man who had bought us.

He stood at one of the windows behind the desk, looking out at the same view I had seen earlier. Not saying a word.

The sight of him drove my brain into a frenzy of fear and embarrassment. I would never forget the feeling of having my clothes torn to sheds. My cheeks burned, mortified. I looked for signs of his previous anger from just hours before.

We stood in antsy silence for a moment. Jasper still clung to my hand, and I to hers, drawing strength from the connection. We were alone in the room with him and i was painfully aware of this fact.

"I'm glad to see you decided to behave this time. What are your names?” The man said and Jasper and I were just stressed out enough to jump at his calm voice.

I swallowed, looked at Jasper.

“Megan,” I said, hoping my apprehension wasn’t too obvious.

“Jasper,” she said and I was envious at how calmly she managed it.

The man nodded and turned away from the window. Once again his beauty struck me with enough force to make my head spin. It wasn’t right, for men to be that pretty. There should be a law or something.

His hair was dark, the color of midnight, and looked just a little untidy, as if no matter how he brushed it, it would always stand at whatever angles it felt like. He had a strong face that was only slightly feminine, the palest skin I had ever seen on anyone except Jasper, and violet eyes that seemed to glow from within. If I didn’t know any better I would say they were contacts, but this man didn’t seem like the type. Too rich too sophisticated to worry about petty things such as eye color.

“I have a great many names,” the man started, “but the one that I am known by currently is Adam Dawn. You may address me as such, or as Sir, but none of that My Lord stuff that Marie insist on,” here his smiled patiently, “I’m afraid Marie is stuck in times long before this one.”

I had no idea what we were supposed to say to that so I only nodded.

I was relieved to see he seemed to have gotten over his anger from earlier. I don't think i would have managed to stand on my own feet if i had to see that terrible glare again. At least not without proper building up of my courage.

What was going to happen now? My hear pounded in my chest, frantic and fluttering in fear like a bird trapped in a cage. And this man before me was the cat, watching gleefully as I fidgeted, just waiting for the moment to swipe out a paw to catch me.

I almost bolted from the room right then, but Jasper’s iron grip on my hand rooted me in place, refusing to let me run away like my whole body was screaming at me to do. I knew there was no point in blindly running without a shred of a plan. I knew this, but that didn’t stop the panic, that didn’t stop the temptation. If I had been alone, I probably would have completely freaked out by now, would have tried to hide, or run away blindly. I was never very good at forming plans.

There was a sudden commotion outside the door and it was busted open, a man walked in, followed closely by a flustered Marie.

“I’m sorry My Lord; he refused to listen to me! I told him you were busy but — “

”Enough,” Adam silenced her with a wave of him hand. He looked hard at the man. “This had better be important ShadowWalker,” his voice turned dark enough to make my stomach quiver in fear. Jasper’s hand tightened around mine.

The man, who seemed to be called ShadowWalker, snapped into a hurried salute of sorts.

“Sir, I apologize for the interruption but I have received word that the 5th squadron is planning a revolt,” Adam made an impatient movement with his hand.

“They’ve been planning a revolt for months now. It’s nothing to worry about.”

“But Sir! I have sources that believe that they might actually do it this time,” ShadowWalker persisted.

This time Adam paused before answering.

“Fine. If you believe it to be that important then I will go down there and check it out. But I believe after today, we will not have to worry about such trivialities.”

His eyes fell on Jasper and I from where we had stood quietly in the corner. ShadowWalker followed his master’s gaze until her saw us. He stared at us for a moment, emotions flickering across his face. Was that… Pity? I couldn’t tell with only such a brief glimpse. His eyes snapped back to Adam’s. He saluted.

“Thank you for your time Sir. Again I apologize for the interruption,” at Adam’s nod he spun on his heel and strode out the door. Marie quietly followed, muttering under her breath angrily.

“Now, where were we?” Adam asked. It was unnerving how those brilliant eyes didn’t seem to blink.

I wasn’t sure if he actually wanted us to answer, so I hesitated.

“You had just told us your name,” Jasper said, surprising me. His eyes focused on her, regarded her carefully.

“That’s right isn’t it? Hmm... Come here, both of you,” he held out his hand, curled his fingers in a beckoning gesture.

We both hesitated, but seeing as we had no other choice, we moved towards him. We stopped a good distance from where he had leaned back against the desk, but he motioned us forward. I could feel myself begin to tremble.

“Closer.”

We took two steps.

He smiled, and stood up straight to close the distance we had left. He stood so close to us. My heart was hammering in my chest and I felt Jasper’s hand start to shake. I glanced at her and was surprised to see her looking up at him, completely expressionless. He actually wasn’t that much taller than her. Trying to show the same strength, I squared off my shoulders and lifted my head defiantly, completely bluffing.

Up close he was even more mind-boggling.

I could see the blue/purple veins beneath his ivory skin...

He raised both hands and laid one on each of our cheeks.

“I’ve been waiting so long,” he said softly, “you cannot even begin to understand just how long I have waited for you two. I had begun to believe myself foolish. Now here you are, real and alive once more in my hands.” He traced Jasper’s jaw with his fingertips.

Her hand was cutting off the circulation in mine.

“My dear do you realize just how special you are?” he asked her, “Do you realize just how important your destiny is? How magnificent?” Jasper kept her face emotionless.

“And you,” he said now turning to capture me with those eyes, “Such a strong spirit. So brave...” he said the words almost lovingly, his thumb softly stroking my cheek. “Do you know how very strong you actually are? Your lives so far have been meaningless! It is what you will do that really matters. What you, and only you can do.” He released our faces only to warp his arms around our shoulders and drew us against him.

Panic made my knee’s want to give out. My eyes met Jasper’s. She was confused, and uncomfortable with this oddly tender show of affection, but I could tell her brain was trying to figure out his words, trying to understand this strange situation. Nothing about this made sense. Adam held us against him for a while, without saying anything. Jasper tried to pull away, but his arm held her in place, her efforts futile. His heart beat was steady beneath my ear.

“Your mine,” he finally said, placing his cheek on the top of my head. “Your mine now. Only mine. Finally. Finally I can destroy them all. All those miserable humans.”

His arms tighten around us a moment before he released us and took in our bewildered expressions.

He looked at me and chuckled.

“Yes, I can understand that you are confused but do not worry my little ones, all will become clear in time,” he kissed my forehead, and then Jasper’s. He let us go.

“Now, I have to go and deal with those pesky trouble makers. Why don’t I have Marie take you down to the kitchen and get you something to eat? I’m sure you’re hungry.” Without waiting for our response he strode to the door, opened and called for Marie. He spoke with her quietly for a moment before turning back to us.

“I’m afraid I won’t see you at dinner. But I will see you tomorrow,” here he smiled. “You both have a lot of training to do, and only a short time to do it.” With that confusing piece of information he left us in Marie’s capable hands.

{End: Chapter Three}
♠ ♠ ♠
Only added a line here and there to go along with the changed chapt two. Cause i was lazy. XD