Status: On a break...

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

PART 2

For the next week, the man kept to his word and returned to the coffee shop every day.

There was something about him that Hannah found intriguing. As the week went, on she looked forward to seeing him. They would sit and talk during her break, sipping coffee and sharing stories.

Hannah learned that his name was Jack and he was staying at an apartment five minutes away with three of his friends for the Summer. She was surprised to hear that he was part of a band, and she laughed as he told her tales of some of the antics they had got up to over the years.

When Friday came around she noticed Jack was acting strange as they sat and drank coffee during her break. He was quieter than usual, staring aimlessly at his cup as Hannah shared stories about some of the stranger people that frequented the coffee shop.

"... And then the guy just dropped his pants and stood naked on one of the tables"

This got no reaction from Jack. She was testing to see if he had been paying attention.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, waving her hand in front of his face. This snapped him out of whatever thoughts had been occupying his mind.

"Um, yeah, sure" he stuttered, taking a sip from his drink.

Hannah stood up from her seat, her break now over. "Okay, I better get back to work"

"Wait a sec" he said, returning his cup to the table and standing up to face Hannah, though he was a lot taller than her.

"I was wondering if, maybe you'd like to go out with me sometime?" he asked, the nerves clear in his tone.

This took Hannah by surprise. She was silent for a moment as Jack anxiously awaited her response.

"I'd like that" she smiled.

She gave Jack her number and he strolled out of the shop with a grin stretching across his face.

Hannah wasn't sure why she agreed to go out with him, but she had a feeling it would be something she would regret if she didn't.