Status: On a break...

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

PART 4

"MORNING SUNSHINE, TIME TO WAKE UP"

Hannah groaned as the morning light burst into her room, pulling the covers over her head.

"Seriously, if you don't get up right now this is going over your face"

Hannah pulled the covers back to see Ashley standing over her, a glass of orange juice in her hand. She glanced at the clock which read 8.00am.

"What has you so perky this morning?" she sighed.

Ashley rolled her eyes, ignoring the question, "Tell me everything about yesterday, I want specifics" she said, sitting at the end of the bed.

Ashley had been asleep on the couch when Hannah got home last night and she decided not to disturb her, something she was regretting right now.

Hannah yawned, rubbing the side of her face, "I'll tell you everything in exchange for coffee".

"Deal"
--

Twenty minutes later, the two girls were seated at the kitchen table, coffee in hand.

"So, where did he take you?" Ashley asked curiously.

"We went to the local fair, y'know the one by the beach?"

Ashley nodded.

"Well we stayed there for a couple of hours, taking turns on the rides and playing games. He tried winning me one of those huge bears, but couldn't hit the target"

Hannah laughed at the memory of Jack playing the shooting game. They were walking by when she spotted the bear and mentioned something about wanting one. Seconds later Jack was handing over money to the guy behind the counter. He made six attempts, failing every time. He even offered to but the bear, but the guy refused.

"Then we got ice-cream and went down to the beach to watch the sunset"

"Annnd?"

"And what?" Hannah said innocently, knowing exactly what her friend was hinting at.

"Don't play dumb with me girlie, you know what I mean"

Hannah sighed, "Yes, we kissed"

"I knew it" Ashley screamed.

Hannah rolled her eyes.

"So when can I meet him?" Ashley asked.

Hannah hesitated for a moment, "Soon".

-

For the next week, Jack and Hannah were practically inseparable. He came to the coffee shop everyday and they talked during her breaks. He would pick her up from work and take her out, usually ending up back at the beach to watch the sunset. It was their favorite place.

The more time Hannah spent with Jack, the more she liked him. He would make her laugh with his silly jokes and the time they spent together was fast becoming the highlight of her days.

Ashley was becoming persistent in wanting to meet Jack and Hannah was nervous. In the two years they lived together, she had never brought a boy back to her apartment. Sure, she had been on dates, but nothing ever lasted. This was important to her. Jack was important to her.

Hannah decided to bring up the subject while they were out to dinner. She was nervous to say the least.

"So, how was your day?" she asked as they sat at their table.

"Good, I beat Rian at Fifa. He was pissed" Jack laughed.

Hannah smiled.

"So, I have something to ask you" she said quietly.

"What's up?"

Just as Hannah was about to speak, the waitress arrived to take their order. She sighed before giving the girl her order, followed by Jack.

"So, you wanted to ask me something" Jack said, handing the menus to the waitress. Hannah waited until she walked away before speaking.

"Well, my roommate and best friend Ashley wants to meet you, would you be up for that?"

"Sure, that'd be great" he smiled.

Hannah sighed with relief.

"My friends are keen to meet you too, so we could introduce everyone together, if that's okay?"

"That sounds good" Hannah smiled, though her stomach flipped with nerves. She was already worried how Ashley would react to Jack, now she had to worry if his friends would like her.

"Now, I have a question" Jack said.

"Okay"

"Can I introduce you as my girlfriend, or?" he asked nervously.

"Girlfriend is fine" she smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think :)