Status: On a break...

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

PART 6

"Jack, where are you taking me" Hannah whined.

She was seated in the passenger side of his car, the scarf around her eyes leaving her completely oblivious to their location.

He had arrived to her apartment earlier in the morning, scarf in hand, forcing her to shower and get dressed with the promise of a surprise.

They had been driving for about thirty minutes, though she wasn't sure as she couldn't see a thing, including the time.

"We're almost there" he laughed at her impatience, "five more minutes".

"Y'know, some people might call this kidnapping" she joked, gesturing to the scarf.

"Well I prefer to think of it as an attempt to do something romantic" he smirked back.

She shook her head, a small smile creeping to her face.

A few minutes later the car skidded to a stop.

"Finally" she said, pulling at the scarf.

"Not yet" he said, moving her arms to her side.

She sighed loudly, which Jack ignored as he climbed out of the car, moving to the passenger side. He opened her door, taking her hand and gently guiding her out of the car. He stood behind her, putting his hands on her waist and guiding her forward.

She felt the breeze flow through her hair, sensing she was somewhere high.

"Are you planning to push me off a cliff or something" she joked.

He remained silent as he untied the scarf behind her head, letting it fall to the ground. As the fabric slipped from her face, she opened her eyes, taking a moment to adjust to the sudden brightness. As her vision came into focus, she gasped.

They were up a hill, overlooking the entire city of Los Angeles. Thee view was breathtaking.

"Surprise" Jack whispered in her ear.

"It's so beautiful" she smiled, turning on her heel to face Jack, pressing their lips softly together.

"There's more" he said as they broke apart.

He moved to the back of the car, pulling out a picnic basket and a blanket.

He spread the blanket across the grass, dropping the basket in the center to keep it in place. They sat down as Jack opened the basket, pulling out an assortment of sandwiches, two glasses and a bottle of wine.

"It's barely noon" she laughed, pointing at the wine.

"It's the weekend, we're allowed" he smiled.

She rolled her eyes, not understanding his logic.

"I can't believe you did all this" she said as he pulled more stuff from the basket.

He shrugged, "Just wanted to do something nice".

She grabbed his hand, tracing circles in his palm, "It's perfect", she smiled.

They ate their picnic in comfortable silence, taking in the beautiful surroundings.

"'C'mon" Jack said as he finished his sandwich, "I've got something to show you"

They both stood up, Jack taking her hand and leading her further up the hill.

After a few minutes walking, they stopped in front of a tall wired gate.

"No way" Hannah gasped, eyes wide at the sight in front of her.

"Way" Jack smirked beside her.

Behind the fence stood the famous Hollywood sign.

"Want to touch it?" Jack smiled.

"Um, isn't that illegal"

"Only if you get caught" he winked.

He moved towards the fence, climbing up and hopping over the other side.

"Your turn" he motioned for her to follow him.

She gulped, her brain telling her it was a bad idea, something would go wrong. But she looked at Jack through the fence, eyes wide with excitement. She shook all the bad thoughts from her mind and following him over.

They stared in amazement, running their hands up and down the large white letters.

"This is awesome" Hannah gushed.

"Smile" Jack said, raising his arm above them both and snapping a picture on his phone.

"Great, now we have photo evidence when the cops come looking for us" Hannah joked.

"You worry too much" he said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"C'mon" he said, leading her back to the fence.

They climbed back over and made their way back to the car.

The couple packed up what was left of the picnic, and began the drive home. Hannah enjoyed it much more this time since she could see where she was.

They pulled up outside Hannah's apartment building. Being the gentleman that he is, Jack walked her to her door.

"Today was fun" she smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"See, it's fun to break the law sometimes" Jack laughed.

She grinned as she pulled her keys from her pocket, unlocking the door.

"Y'know, Ashley's put for the night" she said, running her hands up his chest.

"Oh really" he smiled, pulling her closer.

"Yep, all night" she whispered in his ear.

With that, Jack pulled her up as she wrapped her legs around his waist, their lips crashing together. They stumbled in the door, Jack swiftly kicking it shut before the moved messily down the hallway, into the bedroom.

*

Hannah woke the next morning to the sun shining through a crack in the curtains, and the smell of fresh coffee attacking her nostrils. She stretched her limbs before heading into the kitchen.

There she found Jack, making breakfast.

"Morning sleepyhead" he grinned.

Hannah muffled a reply between yawns. She really wasn't good in the mornings.

"Not a morning person I guess" he laughed.

"I'll talk to you after you pour me a coffee" she replied, another yawn escaping her mouth.

She shuffled over to the table, followed by Jack. He placed a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal in front of her.

"Thanks" she smiled, taking a large gulp of the coffee.

"This is really good"

Jack sat across from her and they ate their breakfast and talked for a while.

"Shit, I'm gonna be late for work" Hannah said, jumping from her seat.

"I'll clean up here, you go get ready" Jack said.

Hannah leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, "You're the best" she smiled before dashing off to the shower.

Thirty minutes later they were walking the short distance to the coffee shop, hand in hand.

They kissed goodbye before Hannah made her way inside, relieved to see Graham working today.

"Morning Graham" she smiled at her co-worker.

He nodded in response as he took orders from customers.

The place was busy this morning and Hannah immediately started clearing tables for the customers.

*

It wasn't until well after lunchtime that the place calmed down. There was now just a guy in the corner working on his laptop and a couple on the other side.

Hannah took this opportunity to take a break. She made herself a coffee and collapsed into one of the chairs. She knew Jack wasn't going to be in today as he had a meeting with the band.

Graham joined her a few minutes later.

"So how's things?" he asked, taking a sip from his drink.

"Same as always" she replied.

"Oh really" Graham raised his eyebrows, "Nothing about a tall handsome stranger you were making out with this morning" he smirked.

Hannah smiled at the thought of Jack. Graham noticed.

"Ohh, c'mon you have to tell me" he said, sounding like a school girl.

"His name's Jack, he's my boyfriend" she smiled again.

"He must be something special, I don't think I've ever seen you with a buy as long as I've worked here"

Hannah felt her cheeks burning.

"He really is special"