Status: On a break...

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

PART 8

A week had passed since Jack left for Europe. Just one more week to go until he returned.

Hannah let out a frustrated sigh as she scanned the classifieds. She was under qualified for the majority of jobs on offer, leaving her with limited options.

"Still nothing?" Ashley asked sympathetically, entering the kitchen and taking a seat across from her at the table.

Hannah groaned, burying her face in her hands.

"Hey, I'm sure you'll find something" her friend assured her.

"The best on offer is a cleaner at the elementary school down the street" Hannah moaned, lifting her head up.

Ashley scrunched her face at the idea, "You have savings, don't you?"

"Yeah, but nowhere near enough to cover college fees and rent on this place. Not to mention I need to eat."

Ashley rolled her eyes, "You still have time. A lot can happen in three weeks. Your whole life could change."

Hannah was about to make a sarcastic comment when her phone vibrated beside her.

She picked it up, smiling at the name on the screen.

She opened the message to see a picture of Jack making faces at the guards outside Buckingham Palace. She laughed at the sight.

He had been sending her pictures of himself at various landmarks across Europe. The Eiffel Tower in Paris, The Spire in Dublin and the Trevi Fountain in Rome.

Each picture came with the same message, "Wish you were here x"

She stared at the picture a million thoughts running through her mind.

"Fuck it" she mumbled to herself.

Ashley stared at her in confusion.

"You okay?" she asked.

Hannah looked at her, smiling.

"I will be" she replied.

"I'm going to London"

-

The following morning Hannah was on a plane to London. With Ashley's help, she had managed to find cheap (ish) flights online, even though it meant she would be squished into her seat for a couple of hours, but she didn't care. This was the most spontaneous thing she had ever done, and it felt great.

Ashley made a phone call to Alex, filling him in on the plan and finding out which hotel they were staying in. He thought the idea was great and was happy to help.

They would be playing a show at the time Hannah was due to arrive, giving her enough time to get to the hotel and set up her surprise. Alex had promised to leave a key with reception so she would have no problems.

She spent the duration of the flight planning out what exactly she would do. Hide in the closet? Too cliche. Under the bed? Too uncomfortable. Jump him as he walked in the door? That might frighten him. She wanted to surprise him, not scare him half to death.

The place touched down in London. Hannah moved quickly, collecting her bags and rushing to catch a cab. It was 9pm right now. Jack would be back in his room at 10.30pm.

Luckily, the hotel was only thirty minutes from the airport. She grabbed her bags, paid the driver and thanked him before making her way inside.

She collected the room key with no problems and took the elevator to the room.

Once inside she checked the time, 9.45pm.

She quickly changed her clothes, fixed her hair and applied a small amount of make-up. When she finished she looked around the room. It was quite large, more like a suite. Plenty of hiding places.

She stowed her bags in the closet, out of sight.

She then moved to her hiding spot, a gap in the wall at the corner of the room, not visible from the doorway.

She took her place and tapped her foot impatiently. It was now 10.25.

Precisely five minutes later, Hannah heard the key turn in the lock. Her stomach flipped with excitement.

She carefully peeked behind the wall and watched as he moved towards the bed, throwing his jacket aimlessly across the chair.

When his back was turned, she gently tip-toed behind him, snaking her arms around his waist.

"Surprise"

He quickly spun around, startled by the unexpected presence.

His face lit up when he saw the girl in front of him.

"Oh my god! Hannah!" he squealed, lifting her into his arms.

"What? How? When?" he stammered, looking at her in amazement.

She cut him off with a kiss.

"I missed you too much" she sighed happily, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I missed you too" he whispered softly in her ear before gently laying her down on the bed.

-

"You're coning to the show tonight, right?" Jack asked.

"Nah, I traveled half way across the world to stay in the hotel room all alone watching mind numbing TV" Hannah replied casually.

Jack looked up from his plate, searching for any signs of sarcasm.

They were at the hotel restaurant grabbing lunch before it was time to leave for the venue.

Hannah noted the expression on his face.

"Kidding, Jack" she laughed.

"As if I'm going to miss the show! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys live for the first time."

"I almost believed you for a minute" he replied with relief.

"You're too easy to mess with" she grinned.

The couple finished their food before leaving the hotel and travelling the short journey to the venue.

-

"Wow, this place is huge" Hannah gasped, her voice echoing throughout the room.

She was standing in the center of the stage, looking out at all the empty seats that would soon be filled with adoring fans.

"Don't you get nervous?" she asked Jack who was standing a few feet away from her, messing with his guitar.

"Nah, I'm used to it by now" he grinned.

The rest of the band members arrived on stage, ready for sound check. Hannah slipped to the side, pulling out her phone and sending a quick text to Ashley, letting her know she was okay.

-

"Three minutes guys" Matt, their tour manager, called into the dressing room.

The four boys got up from their seats and made their way towards the stage, Hannah following closely behind.

She situated herself at the side of the stage with the best view and watched as the band picked up their instruments and prepared to start the show.

She mouthed a quick good luck to Jack, he winked back at her just as the intro began.

She watched in amazement as they performed. They had so much energy it was infectious, and Hannah found herself dancing along to the music.

As the show went on, Hannah never wanted it to end. She noticed how happy Jack looked on stage and smiled at the occasional glances he would give her. She laughed at the onstage banter between the guitarist and the lead singer, almost leaving her in tears. She watched in amusement as Jack's mic stand toppled over on more than one occasion from the ridiculously large amount of bra's that had been flung on stage.

At some point during the set, Hannah came to a sudden realization. She thought about where her life was heading, and whether or not it was in the direction she had hoped. She thought of all the problems left waiting for her when she returned home and how they could be solved. Suddenly, it all seemed so easy.

As she watched the boys bounce carelessly around the stage, clearly in their element, she made a decision. She was taking her future into her own hands, living her life on her terms, and nothing or no-one was going to stop her.

Now, all she needed was a plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment & let me know what you think! :)