Accusation

Accusation

My heart beats ever faster as I run toward the forest, away from the village. Hopefully I can lose them in this darkness. They seem to be coming closer, as I can hear their shouts ringing out behind me.

“You won’t get far kid! We know what you are! Get the filthy blood-sucker!” Damn.

I picked up my pace, my feet racing my heart the whole way. The darkness had just enough time to cover me as I climbed onto a branch mostly hidden by leaves of the tree. From here, I could see the villagers. My skin prickled as their scent reached my nostrils. They had all bathed in garlic. My teeth began to ache.

There were at least twenty of them and they were spreading out underneath me. They looked, but they could not see. I felt my spine elongate as I stretched to watched them from my hideout. They traveled in pairs, one had a torch and the other carried a weapon, a silver stake or an axe. I brought myself up onto all fours, ready to pounce.

Finally, they were spread out adequately thin, with a single pair still remaining n my sight. I jumped out from my hiding place and hit the ground with a pleasant thud.

“Got you now vam—“ the man’s eyes widened as my fur emerged from my skin. He had had no idea what he was up against. No idea.

I nearly felt guilty as he hit the ground, my teeth piercing his succulent flesh.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think of Day 2 of my prompts?