If It Was Meant to Happen...

Finally. Happiness.

Later that day, me and Phil took a cab out to my mum's house, and it was nice to see her smiling. I haven't seen her do that in such a long time. I give her a huge hug the minute I see her. We sat in the living room, talked about our life, and snacked on stuff. I hated that I had to keep my jumper on the whole time to my arm, because I was on the verge of dying of heat, but I knew that if my mom didn't know I did it again, it would be better.

"So, how did you two figure out that you liked each other like this?" My mum asks, sipping her drink. She sounded almost excited for us to tell her. We had to leave a lot out, so we just explained that I just gave in and kissed Phil, and it turned out we both felt the same way about each other. She smiled and congratulated us on our relationship. I don't think she cared who I was with at this point, as long as I was happy and had someone to take care of me.

We all decided to go out to dinner, and I wasn't ashamed to hold hands with Phil out in public. I thought I would be really nervous, but, I just don't care. I'm happy, and no body is going to take that away from me. We decided to go to the italian restaurant that my mum always took me to when I was younger, it was my favorite.

Later that night, back at the house, me and Phil cuddled up onto the sofa and watched movies.

"Do you know how good it felt to see my mum happy? Every time I looked at her she was smiling, and even if she wasn't physically, I could see it in her eyes." Phil smirked at me as I sat up and looked him in the eye. "She's finally happy Phil!" I grab his had and squeeze tight. "I haven't seen her truly happy like that in 12 years! 12 years!" I start to tear up and Phil pulls me into a big hug. I let out a few tears that stain his shirt.

"I understand Dan, everything is okay now, that's a good thing." He says to me in a calm voice. He kisses the top of my head as we pull apart.

"Thats more than a good thing, its great! It's perfect! My mum and I haven't heard from my father in 2 years and she's finally all healed, mentally and physically of course, and i'm so close to where she is. This is the best feeling i've had in my life!" I finally burst into tears and fall onto Phil's lap. He rubs my arm, comforting me. He keeps saying he understands, but he hasn't been abused pretty much his whole life like I have, he hasn't grown up in a house full of hatred like I have. I choose not to say anything, just stay cuddled up to him. That night, we fall asleep together in his room.