If It Was Meant to Happen...

Nightmare.

I start dreaming, but more of a flashback, to one of the worst moments of my life, back when i was 15...

I'm sitting in my room, blasting My Chemical Romance through my headphones on my mp3 player, as I lay on my bed, eyes closed, attempting to drown out the sound of my parents screaming at each other, a normal thursday for me sadly. I then hear a loud noise, like someone pounding on something, then my bedroom door flies open. My father grabs me by my hair and drags me out of my room. I get smashed up against the wall. The impact was so hard that I lost my hearing for a moment, followed by a loud ringing. He stars screaming at me, but I don't know what for, I can barley hear him, but his breath smells of highly of alcohol. I then get thrown to my left and land hard on the floor. My head smashes to the ground so hard I start to cough up blood. He stands over me and keeps screaming. I look over and see my mother crying in a corner, I see that she's screaming at him to stop, but I can't make out what she's saying. I look back up at the screaming psychopath and my hearing starts to comeback.

"You are nothing! You are a fucking waste and I want you dead!" He screams close to my face before quickly rising from the floor ans rushing into the kitchen.

My mum rushes to me and pulls me up and as we start to run out, but obviously not fast enough. He runs at us and knocks me to the ground. He slams my mum against a wall with a knife to her throat.

"Where you trying to help him?! He doesn't deserve help! He doesn't need it! He's a piece of shit mistake!" He screams in her face. I see the knife digging into her neck with some blood coming from the wound. I quickly react by rising from the ground and jumping on his back making him let go of my mother and dropping the knife. While attempting to get my off of his back my mother rushed to the phone to call the police.

My father then grabs my arm and flips me over him ending with me back on the floor. I start to cough up blood as he sits on top of me and punching me in the chest, the face, anything he could hit. One hit to the face broke my jaw, and another hit cracked 2 ribs. By then I feel numb. All I see are two fists flying at me over and over, and everything else is red. He looks over to see my mother on the phone. I practically throws himself off me and runs for the door. He breaks the door running out and bolts down the street.

I slowly pick myself up off the ground. I stagger to my room, on the verge of blacking out. I don't know what I was thinking, but I find the sharpest thing in my room, a small plastic pencil sharpener. I grab it then sit on my floor and just like I did with the shaving razor, I grab the nearest heavy object and bust it open. I hold the razor in my hand for a bit, then out of impulse I slowly drag it across my wrist multiple times, leaving about 5 slightly-deep cuts in my arm. That was the first time I have ever done it, that's when it started. I grab a random shirt off of my floor and wrap it around my wrist. I crawl to my bed and entangle myself in the sheets, but I don't fall asleep, there is where I black out.