Status: Temporarily Stopped. :L

Insomnia.

Impossible.

My shoes were dragging across the pavement, my hands buried deep inside my pockets. The clouds were as gray as my mood, dark and eerie. There was fog creeping along the ground like a tarantula crawling toward its prey. The rain began to fall rapidly toward the ground, shattering like glass. The very cramped sidewalks began to clear, and I desired the warmth and bittersweet taste of coffee. I pushed open the door with my shoulder, not letting my hands leave the coziness of my coat. There was a woman, much taller than I, with the longest blonde hair I’ve ever seen. I zoned out, staring at the long hair that reminded me of the story about Rapunzel. She ordered a latte and a scone, and moved aside. The woman smiled at me and asked me what I wanted. I ordered my usual, the blackest coffee they had. She smiled toward the person behind me and I stepped aside. The man who was making the coffee gave me a toothy grin, and at last, I took out my hands and wrapped them around the preciously warm cup. I muttered my thanks and walked toward a table for two near the window. The shop was incredibly busy, and nearly everyone had a smile plastered onto their faces, their eyes shining like stars. Everyone seemed so... happy.

I lifted the cup to my face, sipping the steaming, bitter contents. I chuckled, the flavor as bitter as my soul and the appearance as dark as my intense brown hair and deep eyes. I watched the rain hit against the window and watched the lightning glowing in the darkening sky.

The blonde woman approached, and said in a smooth, warm voice, “May I sit here? Every other table is full.” I nodded once and sat up straight.

“My name is Bella,” she said, smiling slightly. Her teeth were perfectly straight and so white it could blind someone, her bright pink lips curled. Her eyes were a beautiful, brilliant blue, making it difficult to look away from them.

“I find it funny how you and your name is princess-like. I’m Erika,” I said before taking another sip of the coffee. She nibbled on her scone.

“Thank you, Erika. I hope you don’t mind that I’m chatty, I feel like I disturbed a thought.” She ripped off a piece of her scone, gnawing at the bread, her eyes focusing on the tiny table.

“That’s alright, it’s nothing, honestly.” She looked up, looking at me curiously. She lifted her coffee cup to her face, peeking over the lid.

“Hmm... It sounds like you’ve got quite the story to tell. I'm curious, and you don't have to answer, especially because we just met... but what's going on?” I don’t know what it was about this woman, but she seemed different. Like she dropped her weapons and shield, and that she meant no harm to me. She seemed so... kind. It was interesting and the welcoming attitude drew me in. I shrugged, nails clicking along the table.

“That I do. But that-” My sentence was cut off by the annoying ringing coming from my pocket. I apologized and looked down at the screen. My jaw dropped open, gravity dragging my stomach down to the tile floor.

“Impossible....”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated. :)