Status: Temporarily Stopped. :L

Insomnia.

Late.

“I’m sorry?” Bella said, raising her eyebrows.

“I’m sorry, I have to... take this call. It was nice meeting you,” I said quickly before throwing my heavy, black jacket on and answering the call.

“Hello?” I whispered as I forced the door open with my shoulder, buttoning up the jacket.

“Where are you, Erika?” his voice growled through the speaker of my phone. I felt a pair of eyes, probably Bella’s, follow me until I was around the corner.

“I was just getting coffee before I-”

“Don’t give me excuses. You’re late. I expect you here before 8,” he snarled, before hanging up on me. I looked at the time on my phone, which read in bright, white numbers: 7:15. I felt tears coming to my eyes, but I instantly denied them. It would be pointless to cry now, anyway. It was coming and I couldn’t argue with it.

I went home, shaking like a leaf. My nerves made me clumsy, which resulted in sloppy makeup. I fixed my blood-red lipstick and midnight black mascara for the third time before turning around, looking in the mirror. I nodded in approval at my skimpy clothing and took a deep breath. My matching, eight inch, red stilettos clicked on the tile floor as I crossed to the kitchen and grabbed my keys and cigarettes. After I started my car, I lit a cigarette, breathing in deeply. I looked at the clock, and muttered, “Well, damn.” The blue numbers read: 7:55.

My heels clicked loudly along the pavement, as I walked toward the house door. I was greeted by Thomas, the brawny security man; he whispered, “Erika, you’re in so much trouble...” I nodded, accepting my fate, and swallowed back the lump in my throat before striding into my boss’s room.

“Sit,” he commanded, nodding to the chair behind his desk. I nodded and sat obediently. He stood and adjusted his thin suit before pacing behind me. His fingers ran through his short, dirty blonde hair, as he thought about what to say.

“First, you don’t show up at the proper time... Second, you’re late after I told you not to be late again... Third, you look like trash. You are nothing but trash, Erika,” he snarled before getting in my face, his threatening, brown eyes piercing into my soul.

“Don’t you understand? You are ruining my reputation! What do I have to do to make you realize that?” He straightened himself before raising his hand, making me flinch like an abused dog. I was nothing, but a dog to him.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered. He smacked me with the back of his hand, the skin burning already. It felt like a fire started underneath the skin, and I cradled my face, tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

“Do not speak unless spoken to. You are ruining everything. Ask me, how am I going to punish you for it?” he growls, raising his hand again.

“How?” He smacked me again, a whimper of sheer pain escaping my lips. I fought back any more sounds that could jeopardize my well-being further.

“Half of your tips, are mine. And you’ll be set up more often now. And if I ever hear anything about how horrible you are, all of your money is mine. Do you understand?” He bore his perfect teeth as he spoke. I nodded once.

“Good; now go. You’ve got a couple of appointments. Go upstairs and make yourself actually look pretty.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted this to be a fairly unpredictable twist. Maybe it worked, maybe it didn't.

Any suggestions? Comments are good, I like them~