Status: Hiatus

The Great 'LiLou' Switcheroo

Totem Pole, Wishes And A Body Swap

Liam Payne had always dreamt of being a singer. For a young lad, he knew he had what it takes to become a star. That's why he participated in the UK X-Factor when he was only a mere, fourteen year old boy. Being rejected by Simon Cowell at Judges' House, Liam was more than ever determined to try his luck again when he was sixteen. He didn't made it through the finals as an individual, but rather as a part of a pop group. He earned a lot of fans (mostly girls) and also the status of lead singer after the end of the reality singing programme.

Louis Tomlinson was a carefree, mischievous chap who decided to take the risk and try out for the 2010 X-Factor when he was eighteen. He doesn't consider himself a really great singer and was alright in being sent home early during the competition, even. However, he didn't imagine himself to be in a worldwide successful band and earn himself the status of being the prankster in the group.

Both of them were considered heart-throbs, seeing as they send millions of girls squealing with joy whenever they so much as winked or gave their fans a cheeky grin. Heck, the other members of One Direction could be considered heart-throbs as well.

All of them enjoyed doing what they're doing now, despite the crazy schedule and lack of sleep. They're also alright with their management's decision on who gets to sing which part. Nevertheless, Louis sometimes felt a little pang of jealousy towards Liam when he got another solo. He knew he shouldn't feel this way, but there's this minute part of him which felt that he should get slightly more solos. Not that he was unhappy with the parts he had gotten; it's just that, sometimes, he would like to feel how it was to be the lead singer and not some goofball who only sings choruses.

When the boys had a three day break during their American leg of the tour, they took the opportunity to go sightseeing. One of the places they visited was the Smithsonian.

The lads split up in different groups so that they could cover more grounds. It was also to not create unwanted attention from screaming fangirls, if they were being spotted.

Niall paired up with Paul. Harry, Zayn and a temporary bodyguard made up one group while Liam, Louis and another guard made up another.

"All of you are to assemble back near the entrance of the main museum in three hours. If you boys are spotted by fans, we'll leave earlier," Paul said.

The lads gave their grunts of reply and immediately went off their separate ways.

Liam and Louis headed to the American Indian Museum, as Louis had been bugging the lads earlier that week about being fascinated with the natives; saying he would like to know more about their culture.

"Liam! Over here! Hurry! We haven't got much time to be strolling mate," Louis said, dragging the younger boy's arm.

Liam rolled his eyes. He could have sworn Louis was dropped on the head while he was an infant. The older boy behaved like a pre-schooler at times.

They went around the whole museum, looking at the artefacts in drawers and glass-fronted cases when one particular totem pole caught the boys' attention.

"Hello there. Care to listen to a bit of history behind this Tsimshian totem pole?" A lady dressed in Native American wear addressed them while walking up to them. Both boys tugged on their cap and beanie reflexively further down their heads.

"Uhm, I'd guess we'll give it a pass. I'm sorry, but we're running a little late," Liam apologised.

Louis gave the lady a look of apology and she smiled. "It's alright then. Do enjoy the rest of your tour." She walked off to approach another group of visitors.

"Why did you do that for? I would really like to know what's the story behind this pole," Louis grumbled.

"Lou, we are here to enjoy ourselves and not attract attention. If that lady started on her explanation, sooner or later, there's going to be a crowd here. And there's a higher chance of us being spotted then," Liam whispered.

Louis raised his eyebrows in acknowledgement. Liam made sense. Another thing that Louis envied about him; his sense of thinking took him far beyond his age.

They went back to reading the information about the totem pole. One trivia caught Louis' eye and he squealed with excitement. It was known to grant wishes of those who desired.

The bodyguard who was assigned to their group suddenly came over to them. "Boys, we have to go now. One of your friends had been spotted by a fan, and word had gotten out that One Direction is at the Smithsonian."

Liam and Louis groaned simultaneously. They had no choice, but to leave the place immediately.

But not without Louis secretly making a wish and crossing his fingers behind his back.

Image


Louis woke up to a loud ruckus the following morning. What in blazes? They were into their second day of break and he just wanted to sleep in for the day, but that was impossible when someone was punching his arm and throwing pillows at him.

"Wake up! Wake up, Louis!"

I'm going to give this person a really hard slap when I get up.

He was surprised that Harry didn't even so much as flinch, since they were sharing the same bed together. Harry was dead to the world while he, on the other hand, was assaulted with pillows.

"What?" he shouted. His voice came out deeper than usual.

"Open your eyes, you twit." The person sounded suspiciously like him.

Louis rubbed his eyes and squinted. He noticed a figure standing beside his bed, looking extremely furious, but that couldn't be him, since he's still snuggled underneath the covers. He sat up and rubbed the sleep off his eyes.

And then he took a good look around.

The first thing he noticed was that he was in a different room. That was strange, as he remembered passing out in his own hotel room beside Harry. They were still underaged (in the States) to be drinking, so there was no way to get drunk.

"Are you done examining the room yet, Liam?" the figure spoke.

Louis brought his attention back to the person and stared. And stared again. His eyes enlarged to the size of saucers as he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Could. Not. Believe. It.

Because the person standing in front of him was himself.

"Wha-What's happening?" he stammered. But it wasn't his voice that came out from his vocal chords. It was Liam's.

He brought his gaze down to himself and gave out a loud cry. It came out as a bellow instead.

Because he saw himself in Liam's body.

"What did you do?" Liam asked him, venom evident in his voice. Louis had to get used to the fact that Liam was now him and vice-versa. So seeing himself wearing a scowl on his face was weird, let alone the words that came out from his mouth. Liam had been cussing incessantly that even Harry was awakened from his deep slumber.

Harry had walked through the adjoining bathroom (which all three lads shared) into Liam's room, who had it to himself.

"Lads, isn't it a tad too early to be awake? Aren't you both knackered from yesterday's excursion?" Harry yawned, rubbing his eyes and looking at them blearily. "And Louis, why are you in Liam's room?"

Louis turned to look at Harry. Without thinking, he answered.

"I got transported."

"Huh? What are you on about, Liam?" Harry replied, confused.

Louis felt like smacking himself. He forgot he was now Liam. Liam on the other hand, was glaring daggers at Louis.

"Don't mind him, he's a bit groggy. I came to his room in search of my toothbrush," Liam covered for Louis' blunder.

Harry seemed satisfied with that explanation and shuffled back to his room.

Liam dragged Louis to the full-length mirror beside the wardrobe and they stood against each other, gawking. They poked and prodded at their faces and other parts of their body. Believe it or not, Liam and Louis had indeed switched bodies.

"This is not a dream, is it?" Louis whispered, eyes enlarged.

"No, this is a bloody nightmare!" Liam hissed.

"Unbelievable. This is so wick-"

"Shut up, Lou."
♠ ♠ ♠
And I've started on another chaptered 1D fic. This is supposed to be a one-shot and yet I found myself dragging it! Arrrggghhh!! What is wrong with me? I can't seemed to write a short story when it comes to these lads. Ideas just kept oozing out of my head. This is frustrating -.-

Anyways, enough about my rant. As you readers can see, this story is the cliché body-swap fic which had probably been done to death, but not with One Direction. I couldn't find a 1D fic which had ventured outside of the romance genre. Since I adore the bromance between Liam and Louis, I thought, "Why not give them a body-swap?" I like to put my characters in awkward, hilarious situations :))

I'm using some British slang in this story, but do not worry. I have the explanation in the author's notes. I write using British English, hence probably you'll see some words which are spelt differently.

twit - idiot

knackered - tired out, shagged

Special thanks to Aris who helped me beta my work. She's an incredible writer :))

I hope you readers enjoy reading it and won't get confused as to who is who since both Liam and Louis are now switched.

P/S: The Tsimshian totem pole exists but I don't really know what it does :p

PP/S: Comment, subscribe or recommend, whichever to your fancy :)