There Is a K in Nikole.

It's Ni"K"ole with a K...

My name? Easy question, it's Nikole.

Yeah, Nikole with a K not a C or a CH...which is even more typical than the name itself.

My last name? Another easy question, with another typical answer. It's Hamilton.

Yeah, Hamilton. I'm nothing special, which is good for me. I don't like being the center of attention, which is why I wish Momma decided to spell Nikole without a K but with a C or with a CH. Is that too much to ask for?

My Stepmomma's name is Rebecca.

Rebecca Hamilton works as a real estate agent, and a very successful one at that. She always gets what she wants when it comes to her job...and Dad. She knows how to get what she wants and how to wrap Dad around her white bony perfectly manicured fingers. Don't get me wrong, I love Rebecca, but I'm die hard Daddy's girl and plus, Rebecca's not my real Momma anyway.

My Dad's name is Ross.

Ross Hamilton. Or should I say the best guy to ever land on this planet. Dad works for some big and fancy corporate office in upper Manhattan. Yeah, we have money, but its mostly sitting in a bank or in Rebecca's hand. We like to live simple lifestyle, me and Dad, we are good with a bowl of hot wings and a Giants game on the flat screen, but Rebecca likes to ruin it with a bunch of prissy "fun."

My Momma is dead. But Momma's name was Catheryne.

Catheryne Marie Walters-Hamilton is the world's most beautiful woman. She was tall, skinny, strawberry blond, soft light pink lips, straight white teeth, had rosy red checks and a few freckles scattered around her perfect button nose and high cheekbones. Momma was a nice, gentle and generous as she was beautiful. Everyone that met her fell in love with her and once Momma fell ill, it was like the world cried along with us. Momma suffered for 6 months with cancer, brain cancer. Even with her cancer, losing her strawberry blond hair, becoming frail and weak, and going through tough medication and radiation, she always had a smile on her face or knew how to bring one on to others. Momma passed away March 16, 2006...a whole 6 years ago. I had just recently turned 10 and me and Momma were so happy to celebrate my first "two handed age."

And again...my name is Nikole. With a K.

Born on January 4, 1996. On my birth certificate my name would be Nikole Abigail-Marie Hamilton. I live now on South Riverside in a small unrelatable town in New Jersey, but I was born in Bronx, New York, so I consider myself a true New Yorker trapped in the handcuffs of dull and boring New Jersey. I grew up with a best friend since the age of 2, and her name is Christmas Garcia. Yeah, my best friend's name is Christmas and she's perfect. She's a boho chick, tan, tiny, long dark haired goddess with the biggest chocolate brown eyes anyone has ever seen. I've always hid behind her shadow, but she always found a way to bring me out and try to make me see that being known wasn't all too bad. My other best friend would have to be, hands down, Ally. Ally Elizabeth Gardner is sweeter than a can of peaches, as she would say, since she's a homebody Southern belle. She has curls of golden blond hair and bright blue eyes and the cutest Southern accent that makes everyone melt and a giddy personality to go with her.

Christmas and I both attended the same elementary and junior high school, Low South Riverside Elementary School (LSHES) and South Riverside Junior High School (SRJHS). Weirdly enough, South Riverside doesn't have a high school, so we have to go to the next town over's high school, Junipur High School (JHS). JHS is where we met Ally, our freshman year.

Well, other than Christmas and Ally and Momma, Dad and Rebecca, there is one more person that has been there basically my whole entire childhood that means a lot to me...his name is...

Robbie Davis.

Robbie Davis has been the apple of my eye since I was 5 years old. He was always my next door neighbor and in LSHES we were actually really good friends. Once we got to SRJHS, I guess it wasn't cool for little boys and girls to be friends without going out or experimenting, so we kind of drifted apart until we both ended up going to Junipur. He may have forgotten me a little during our 3 year "break" but I kept all my tabs on him because, well, I just can't help it. He plays quarterback for Junipur Jaguars Varsity Football team and he is loved by everyone in the school, especially me. Unfortunately I'm not the only one who loves him, but my sworn enemy does too.

My sworn enemy is Sonya. Sonya Gonzalez.

Sonya hated me since my Freshman year when I accidently dropped my mashed potatoes and gravy on her brand new sparkly expensive shoes. And when she found out that me and Robbie were friends and that I liked him, she has been out to get me ever since. Her and her two little demons, Rosa Smith and Emily Becks. Sonya loves Robbie and I think Robbie loves her back because they're always together but they aren't officially dating. She likes flirting with him though in front of me to make me cringe and want to vomit all over the lunchroom.

Enough talk about her for right now, it's now summer and I'm going to be a junior! It's nervewrecking but I think I'm prepared with my handy summer reading list and the Internet of course.

...Who spells Nikole with a K anyway? Who wouldn't spell it with a C or a CH?

I guess a woman who's name replaced the important i with an unnecessary y...(Catherine->Catheryne). Oh Momma...

Sorry, I kind of drifted of there, well, better get started on this list...Sherlock Holmes I guess I'll start off with...let's see now...

Sincerely,

Nikole with a K.