Status: In slow progress...

Not Goodbye, Just Farewell

Finding Out

Thor and Tony were the first people to know about the relationship, but even they only found out by chance.
Carrie had said she was going back to her room to take a bath, so no one could disturb her for the next couple of hours as she has her self-relaxing time; something that The Avengers all agreed with.
Thor had just been going down to the control room to pick up his coffee, which he had left there earlier, when he had just happened to glance up at the multiple screens.
Displayed on most of them was the image of Loki sat in his glass cage, but one image made him drop the mug, smashing it on the floor.
Tony, who was walking down the corridor at the time, heard the smash and poked his head around the doorframe.
“Hey, Thor, you okay buddy?”
“Man of Iron, come here,” Thor commanded, not looking away from the screen.
“All right, all right, I know you’re a god and a Prince, but there’s no need to boss me,” Tony muttered as he made his way over. “What?”
Thor said nothing, but just raised his arm and pointed at the screen. Tony looked up, still muttering about being bossed about, but when he saw the screen, he too was rendered mute.
The screen in the centre was flickering slightly, but it showed a different image to the other screens. It was obvious that whoever had done this didn’t want to be seen, so they had set up the cameras on a permanent loop, but one screen showed the truth.
Where Loki had been sitting alone in his prison, he wasn’t alone anymore. He was stood up in the centre, his arms wrapped around a young woman and his face pressed against hers in a passionate kiss, one which she was reciprocating.
The young woman in his arms was the only blonde-haired female who wore a uniform which consisted of a black body suit with a high neck and no sleeves, black knee high boots, a golden bolt of lightning across her torso, a pair of black long gloves and a red scarf tied around her hips.
It was Carrie, one of their own Avengers and team mates.
Carrie twisted her fingers in Loki’s hair as he tilted his head, his tongue weaving with hers.
When they slowly parted, they kept their arms around each other, their breathing deep and heavy and their foreheads pressed together.
“I hate how we have to meet in secret,” Carrie muttered, closing her eyes as their noses brushed.
Loki chuckled as his hand splayed across her lower back, sending shivers up her spine, something Loki smirked at when he felt her shudder.
“Well, I doubt Fury’s going to give me conjugal visits anytime soon, especially if it’s with one of his own Avengers,” his voice dripped with sarcasm on the last word.
Carrie was an Avenger, known as Ms. Marvel to the citizens of the world. She had first met Loki when he had arrived at the old S.H.E.I.L.D base via the tesseract. Once there, he killed most of the guards and used his staff to take over Erik Selvig and Clint Barton – aka Hawkeye – using mind control. Carrie had been watching the whole event over the cameras, and immediately rushed down to the basement to help Fury, who had been thrown to the ground by one of his own agents, but when she had arrived, Loki had taken her with him.
It took them both a while, but they had fallen in love with one another. Carrie had decided to join forces with Loki, and the two of them had come up with the plan; she would return to the Avengers, claiming she had been captured by him as Clint had, and she would work for Loki from inside S.H.E.I.L.D, giving him secrets.
“You should be ashamed,” Carrie smiled, adding, when he raised his eyebrows, “You’ve corrupted a young, innocent girl and are using her in you world domination program.”
Loki laughed at the young woman in his arms.
“Corrupted, yes,” he stroked her cheek, his green eyes smouldering. “Innocent? My, my, what lies come off your tongue, almost as many as the God of Mischief and Lies.”
“It comes from spending too much time with you,” her eyes were gleaming up at him.
Loki chuckled and bent down to kiss her once more, teasing her by pulling away as she began to return the kiss.
“Cheat,” Carrie muttered, winding a hand in his hair and pulling his head down to hers, locking their lips together once more.
“I’m going to miss you,” Loki breathed once they parted.
“I’m in the same building, how can you miss me?” Carrie grinned, stroking his cheekbone with her thumb.
“Because you’re not here, with me,” Loki leaned and pressed his nose into her hair.
“You’d better not be getting sentimental; I’ll kill you if you are.”
“Don’t worry; that’s today’s sappiness done with.”
“Good,” Carrie leaned back and kissed his lips briefly once more. “Now I really have to go; they’re going to realise that I’m not in the bath if I stay any longer than I have already done.”
The corners of Loki’s lips twitched slightly, but he nodded, untangling himself from Carrie and watching her as she walked towards the door of the cage, which was currently open.
On the other side, she pressed the control panel to close the door. She sent one last smile to Loki, before she hopped up the stairs and disappeared into the corridor.
Thor and Tony were still staring at the screen as they watched Carrie leave the cage, after an almost romantic goodbye with Loki.
“We can’t tell anyone,” Thor spoke after a pregnant pause.
“Why?” Tony asked. He grew annoyed when Thor didn’t respond. “She’s working with your brother, our enemy; who knows what battle plans she’s been informing him of.”
“But that’s the thing; if either of them find out that we know, she’s going to leave with many of your secrets, and secrets of S.H.E.I.L.D, but if –”
“– if we pretend it’s not happened, then there’s a possibility she may be able to stop Loki from destroying half of the world if he gets out,” Tony finished Thor’s sentence, seeing where the big man was going.
“What happens if the others find out?” Thor questioned, after a moment of silence.
“They won’t,” Tony replied, before bending over and tapping at something on the computer screen. Within a few seconds, he stood back up and turned to face Thor. “The video’s been deleted, point break, no one will find it and Carrie will think she’d blocked it earlier.”
Thor nodded and looked away, wondering how his mother would react to seeing her youngest son finally with a strong woman.
“Come on big guy, let’s go and get that drink,” Tony slapped Thor on his shoulder, creating no response from the god, other than a dirty look.
“Coffee?”
“Yes, coffee.”