Status: Just started. Please comment and let me know what you think!

It's All Over Now, Baby Blue.

Chapter One.

Welcome to Belleville!
Population 35,367.


Frank cringed from the backseat of his parents’ gold 1980 AMC eagle station wagon. He didn’t want to move here, but he didn’t have much of a choice, being only 15 years old. Well, at least he would be 16 soon. It was the late spring of 1984; May, to be exact. The Ieros had to make a move because of business with Frank’s father’s contracting job. He signed on with a new company located in Belleville called Honeywell Contracting Inc, and as soon as Frank found out, he knew his life was over. Between the reputation he’d finally made for himself in Jersey City and the band he’d just gotten started, he was pissed. In no way did he want to leave everything behind and start over anew in a completely new place.

He turned his Misfits cassette tape back on and slipped the headphones over his ears as he stared out the window. As the music blared they pulled down the street they’d be moving into. It was lined with carbon copy little houses with big fenced in yards and at least one tree in each yard. Frank could’ve gagged; he hated uniformity.

From the window of his second story bedroom, Gerard Way watched as the Iero family pulled in next door. He scrunched his nose and pulled the blinds down to shade his personal cave. Last time someone moved in next door they had a very snobbish son named John and a prissy princess of a daughter named Sahara. It was shit to live next to him, because they went to school together and every day Gerard would get his ass kicked by John; Sahara standing by and laughing with her little teeny bopper twat friends.

The 17 year old went back to drawing the poster on the wall in front of him. This is what he did most of the time; drawing and jamming out to some sweet Misfits, Alice Cooper, and Queen. One thing he loved about Queen? Freddie Mercury. How many dudes were rad enough to be gay and not give a shit who knew? Not to mention, Gerard thought he had the baddest bod.

Outside in the Jersey weather, Frank began unpacking their station wagon. He grabbed his huge red duffle bag and swung it over his lithe shoulder before pulling out his amp. It was heavier than he remembered! Well, shit. If I can’t pull this thing the fuck out of here… it slipped out, finally, and Frank barely caught it before it hit the pavement. Though he was relieved it was fine, his heart was beating 1,000 per minute.

Securely putting his duffle bag around his waist, Frank set off toward his new home, Amp in arms. “Mother fucker, this thing weighs a goddamn ton.” He cringed as he walked up the steps with the heavy things. Never in his life did he believe that he would be carrying a duffle bag and amp into his brand new house in Belleville.

Back in the second story bedroom of the other house Gerard took another peak out of the window upon hearing a small ruckus. He watched as the short, thin young boy hauled the heavy music equipment into the grey-blue house next door that was, undoubtedly, exactly like his on the inside. He was a little confused though. He’d see the (very attractive) boy get out of the car, and he’d seen his parents go inside…but only the three of them? Hm. All of the houses around had 3 bedrooms upstairs and one downstairs. He didn’t see why they would need such a large house for just the three of them.

He sighed and leaned back in his chair, nearly falling out of it when he saw the other boy look up to his window. Gerard didn’t know whether he should quickly let go of the curtain or let his existence be known to the other boy. So with a twist in his stomach he just sat there and cocked his head to the side, raising his hand in a little wave.

Below Frank waved back, his eyebrows raised. How long had that guy been sitting there watching him? That wasn’t something he had expected to see here in the pretty little suburbs. From what he could tell, the guy in the window was around his age, and had long, thick black hair. His skin was pale and his room was dark behind him. The guy seemed to even be wearing a black shirt.

Confused, Frank merely shrugged his shoulders and continued unloading their giant station wagon, dragging the rest of his belongings into the house and up the stairs into his new bedroom. The walls were covered with wood paneling and from the center of the ceiling hung a ceiling fan with one giant light bulb hanging from the middle. His amp was already in one corner of the room next to an outlet just below a window, so he carried his guitar over and began hooking it up. Hanging in the window was a little painted plastic thing, apparently supposed to look like stained glass. It was attached with a small clear suction cup.

Frank wrinkled his nose as he un-stuck the thing from the glass. It looked like a really fucked up flower or some shit. He opened the window up and threw it outside, onto his lawn. As he looked up he saw the strange boy in the window right across from his. This time there was no wave, but the curtain closed rather quickly. Frank raised his eyebrow and turned away from the window, pulling the blinds down.

“Frankie, come down here!” His mother was yelling up the stairs. With a roll of his eyes, he walked down and leaned against the white banisters. “Frank, go get changed into something nice dear, we’re going to go visit our neighbors.” The 15 year old scrunched his face up in obvious disgust. “Don’t give me that, young man. We’re going to meet our new neighbors. You never know, they may have sons around your age who like that loud music you like. Or who knows…they may have daughters around your age.”

Yeah, that was just what Frank wanted. Some slutty 15 year old girl throwing her leather clad coochies at him. He once again rolled his eyes and climbed the stairs to pull on some ‘decent’ clothes; some baggy jeans and a black The Clash t-shirt, with his converse all stars. With a glance in the dusty, cracked mirror, he realized his hair was totally a mess.

“Well, fuck.” He walked back into his bedroom and practically dove face first into a large bin full of his stuff. “Here we go!” Frank held in his hand a small pot of hair gel. After putting his hair up in a Billy Idol fashion, he barreled down the stairs and into the living room where his parents stared at him, disapprovingly.

“Son, you don’t want our neighbors to think you’re a hoodlum now do you?” His dad peered over his thick round black glasses at the short boy. Frank rolled his eyes and walked toward the door, grabbing his sunglasses he’d ditched earlier.

“Come on Mom, Pops. We want to make some friends here don’t we?” With that he headed out the screen door, and it slammed back behind him in its spring. Behind him Linda and Frank Sr sighed, glancing at each other before they followed him into the strange neighborhood they’d just moved into.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go; chapter one. It's really more of an intro than anything. Please comment and let me know what you think of it, before I continue?

A/N: The title(s) are taken from a short story by Joyce Carol Oates.