Status: Active

'Till the End

Family Friends

"NO!" I heard an unfamiliar female voice shout. The voice came from outside on the dock. "Absolutely not" it continued to bellow.
"But Momma, there’s more than enough rooms in the house for the guests!" I heard Ridley’s voice plea.
"I don’t want them in our house. They’re strangers, Ridaline" The woman spoke again I followed the voice to a window and peeped through the blinds of the yacht. Ridley's mother looked middle aged; with naturally red hair and angel kiss freckles. She was dressed in all white flowing clothes, with a golden lining. Basically it look really expensive.
"They are my friends, mother!"
"They're his friends" Ridley’s mom turned her back on her daughter.
"This isn't about you not liking Nason, is it?"
"Of course not!" The mother denied shaking her head
"Then why?" Ridley crossed her arms tightly across her chest in a defiant pose.
"These people, they’re riffraft. With their tattoos and stretched ears…"
"My wedding is tomorrow, please lets not fight"
"Either keep your guest in the spare houses or send them to a hotel" with that I watched Ridley's mother walk away leaving her daughter there alone. I wanted to comfort my future in-law but I didn't believe me coming out of her parents yacht half naked would be beneficial to either of us, besides she left soon after. I continued what I was doing before and that was putting on my clothes. I really needed a shower but I didn’t want to leave Ronnie sleeping but if I stayed everybody else would be wondering where we are. After weighing different options I decided the best choice was to try and wake Ronnie. It was something I had failed many times in the past before but I felt strangely lucky on this particular morning.
“Ronald!” I screamed jumping on to his body and messing up his already tangled hair. “Wake up, wake up!”
“Oli, what the hell?” was his groggily response turning over and pulling the covers above his head
“C’mon get up!” I whined playfully pulling the cover away. Ronnie ignored me trying to go back to sleep but I just kept annoying him until he finally turned back over. With him atop of me he pinned my wrist to the bed.
“Alright, I’m up.”
“Finally” I rolled my eyes. He rolled us over placing me on top of him, we kissed.
“Do you hear that?” I asked pulling away.
“Hear what?” Ronnie questioned, we listened it was dead quite for a few moments until the sound came back “Is that someone laughing?”
“Sounds like more than one person” I mumbled sliding of the bed and walking over to the blinds again
“Nosy” Ronnie muttered, I heard the bed sheets rustle and ignored his comment guessing he took the opportunity to fall back asleep. I peeped on to the dock where I witnessed Jacky and Militia put on life vests together.
“Oh my god,” I gasped to myself as I observed Jacky help Militia with her life vest. They looked genuinely happy as the conversed.
"What is it?" I felt Ronnie over my shoulder. Together we creeped on the couple as the got into a boat. Even though it had a motor Jacky rowed it to the center of the lake "I think this is enough spying for one morning"
When eventually left the dock Ronnie and I went our separate ways to our appropriate guesthouses. The entire walk there I felt like I was floating because I was so happy that Ronnie was finally back, even though I knew not for long.
I showered. The house was empty and surprisingly quite until I was getting dressed upstairs I overheard chatter from downstairs. Upon investigating, I realized the voices where coming from outside towards the back of house.
"Hey, Oli's here!" Rue announced as I stepped past the sliding door on to the screened-in patio. She flounced over to me, grabbed my hand to lead me towards the table where she, Ridley, and Dakota where eating breakfast on benches.
"Good Morning." The said
"Morning” I returned, exchanging greetings.
"Are you hungry?" Ridley offered me a plate. I politely declined. I eyes drifted to the boy with the snakebites and long black hair sitting across from me.
"Dakota, how old are you?" I questioned, realizing the entire week I’d been spending time with him I was clueless to his age but he appeared younger than me.
"I'm 16” I was surprised about how young he was. Also that it was in the middle of March and he'd been hanging out here all week "I'll be 17 soon" he added
"Shouldn't you be in school?" I asked
"Dropped out,” he stated bluntly, then continued with his explanation why “Things with my band have been picking up and I didn't have time for school. I'm also emancipated..." He trailed off his gaze elsewhere. All of sudden Dakota's pale face turned red as an apple he looked down letting his long black hair cover it. I followed his gaze to find Aaron approaching.
"Mornin' y'all" he greeted coming in through the outside entrance.
"Good morning, Aro" Dakota returned the greeting shyly. Slumping on the table Aaron folded his arms to bury his face. "I'm hungover" he stated ignoring Dakota. "What happened last night?" Aaron asked Rue.
"A lot of things" Rue giggled remembering past events "You and Dakota kissed" she whispered
"Kissed!?"
"More like make out,” she corrected herself.
"No we didn't" Aaron started to deny shaking his head
"Yeah, we kinda did" Dakota spoke and a vey low voice
" We're drunk so It doesn't count" Aaron said dismissively with a wave of his hand
"I wasn’t"
"Listen kid, I'm not trying to go to jail"
"You wouldn't go to jail" Ridley spoke up "Dakota's 16, that's the age of consent in Nevada and most other states" I questionably glanced over to Ridley, as most other people was wondering why she knew that information "I studied Law before I dropped out of college" she shrugged.
"What are the guys doing?" Rue asked Aaron, who presumably came from their guesthouse
"They said something about the jet skis"
"Is Ronnie with them?" I asked.
"Not sure, he was walking in as I was walking out"
"Oh, has anyone seen Militia? We're scheduled for a manicure and pedicure today for tomorrow"
I smiled crept on my face picturing Jacky and Militia enjoying being alone on the peaceful lake only to be interrupted by jet skis swarming and circling them. Before I could answer Ridley Aaron interrupted
"Ooo, can I come? My nails need some serious repair?" Aaron asked as he observed his fingers.

"And this is where I go" Dakota excused himself. I guessed hearing girls (and one gay guy) talk about nails wasn’t in his best interest.
"I don't see why not,” Ridley said. Aaron flounced off to get changed with Rue trailing behind him. The silenced was awkward for a few moments as Ridley and I sat there.
"I kind of," I started to speak. Ridley snapped her attention to me "More like accidentally, overhead you and your mom this morning"
"Oh, you did?"
"I didn't know your parents don't approve of you and Nason"
"It's mainly just my mom. I mean we never really got along. It was always my dad that understood me." I stared blankly as she tired explaining. She looked me with frustrating eyes "Anyways, she says she approves but its more likes my moms just tolerable"
"It's better than completely disapproving"
"Yeah, I suppose I should be grateful for that"
"Rue gave you that attitude of gratitude speech too?" I asked recalling after Rue told me her story she tried explaining this crazy law of attraction theory and part of it was always being in that state of mind.
"Mhmmm" Ridley was humming when Militia came through the front door appearing soaking wet.
"What happened!?"
"I was attacked by jet skis,” she muttered stalking over to her room. Ridley and I shared a stifled laugh. When we finally gained composure. We glanced at each other and started to laugh again. Strangely through out the week Ridley never appealed to me as a friend. I wasn’t sure why, though. In that moment, as we laughed in harmony I finally clicked Ridley as a friend
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments guys, and being patient with me! I'm kinda stressed with being buried in homework every night.

I hope you're doing better, synfulldreams!

Don't forget to Subscribe? Comment! Recommend.

<3 Modern.Sunshine

To live, you must give your life away ---brownie points to anyone that knows what song this lyric comes from, no cheating!