Horse Sense

Chapter Two- Don’t Piss Me Off

-Logan-
“You know Sara...there are other people around. You should be careful of what you say,” I told Sara, watching her strain with the bale of hay.
“You know what Logan, why don’t you just shut up? Because I’m NOT in the mood for your crap alright?” Sara always had an attitude in the mornings, I was use to it.
“Yeah, that’s not going to happen and you know it. Now are you going to cut your crap and let me help you?” See here’s the thing ‘bout being around Sara, you have to be able to dish out the same amount of attitude and crap as she does. Sara got the last bale of hay in the wheel barrel, before she asked me for help.
“Take that to Colonel, Princess, and Lucky” I took half a bale, separated and gave each other the right amount, plus some oats and grain. I could hear Sara talking to Luna.
“Luna, sometimes, I wish Anna got a taste of her own medicine. Just because she’s daddy’s girl she gets anything and everything. It’s just not fair, it’s always about her. One of these days, she’s going to get it. I will be right there to watch it”
I'm not sure if Sara knows I can hear her but DAMN the girl must be PMSing majorly, that’s really not like Sara to sound so harsh about Anna like that. She will be calm down soon, horses always calmed down Sara and Anna. So many times, I can remember when Anna or Sara would get into argument over whose chores were whose. Sara stayed inside and Anna went outside to the stable, soon Sara would come out then it took them while before they calm down and starting joking again. Sisterly love aye?
“Logan!!!” Sara yelled from one of the stalls, she sounded panicky. I run over to Lucy’s stall, Sara was on her hands and knees right next to Lucy.
“What?”
“I think she’s pregnant”
“You think? How did she look when you guys got her? How did she look?”
“I don’t remember Logan! It was getting dark by the time we got her home and we were tired!”
“Hey! Chill alright, I’m just asking.” I snapped at Sara. “Look I don’t know what bug crawled up your ass this morning but you can calm the hell down and not take it out on me”
“Fine”
I got up; dusted off my jeans, “Oh, yeah…she is pregnant” I left. Sara knew I was mad at her, but I honestly, did not care. I went on feeding the other horses. Once Anna had gotten done with cooking breakfast, and washing the dishes, she came outside.
“What's wrong?” she asked me.
“Why don’t you ask your PMSing sister?”
“Oh jeez, now what did she do?” Anna asked annoyed, little did Anna know Sara was right behind her.
“EXCUSE ME! I didn’t do a damn thing! It your damn boyfriend who has to be a smartass about everything, and you because you don’t ever have to do anything around here” Sara protested. Anna turned around,
“You really wanna start blaming and complaining? DO IT!”
“I don’t think you want me to go there Anna”
“Yeah? I dare you to!”
“Knock it off you two, your dad is going to come out here and make both of you do extra chores. So I highly suggest you both just shut the hell up, and deal!”
Sara just rolled her eyes and went off to do other things with the horses; both Anna and I could hear her mumbling. Anna could tell that I was getting annoyed. Sometimes I don’t know why it really annoys me so much, but Sara really knows how to get under my skin.
Anna turned to me, wrapped her arms around my neck and looked at me, “Why do you let her get to you so much?”
“She doesn’t get to me”
“Well apparently she does, Logan. She’s not good with being rushed you should know that. So don’t even let her get under your skin so easily. You know how it is, so just chill alright?”
“Alright. Are you ready for the competition in a week?” I asked placing my hands on Anna’s hips.
“Hmm I think so, daddy told me to help Sara today. Don’t know how well that’s gonna go. It kind of sucks I don’t get to barrel race anymore. I just sit on a horse looking pretty”
“But you always look pretty on a horse babe”
“Oh shut up” Anna started blushing, “you’re lying”
“Nope, I don’t think so.” I kissed Anna, right before her dad came in.
“Hey, c’mon we don’t have time for that. Get these chores done now, then eat then get started on today’s work. Anna you need to help your sister with her barrel racing. After all that you girls are going into town with your mother and get what we need for next week”
“Yes daddy, but I'm not hungry and I just skip breakfast”
“No, you have to eat. Now let’s go, tell your sister too”
“Alright daddy. We’ll be in soon” Anna said, hugging me. “Well better get Sara, eat then start the day” Anna didn’t sound happy, don’t blame her, after staying up so late.
Once the sun came up, outside chores were about done, and we all finally got to eat. Still could feel the tension between Anna and Sara. After we ate, we all changed again, I had to clip Knight’s hoofs, As Sara and Anna changed so they could practice. Sara came over before she got her tack out, “Logan I’m sorry about this morning, I was in a really bad mood and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”
“Its fine, after so many mornings of it, tend to get use to it”
“Riiight”