Horse Sense

Chapter Five- Recovery

-Anna-
It was going to be hell going back home, I wasn't ready to be leactured from dad but it was going to happen eventually. I know I shouldn't have been out riding when the weather is like this but if Sara didn't have to be such a bitch about everything maybe none of this wouldnt have happened.
Logan and I walked inside and Daddy was sitting at the kitchen waiting for me. All I wanted to do was go to sleep but there was no way in hell was Daddy going to let me.
"Sit down young lady"
"shit" I said under my breath.
"Logan go, SARA ANA! Get over here!"
Sara came out of her room, and sat down by me, "Sorry Anna"
"Its fine"
"No! It is not fine! You girls need to cut this shit out! Because of these days you're going to get hurt even worst. I'm tired of your constant fighting with each other. This better not happen again, hear me?"
"Yes Daddy"
"Yes Dad"
"Now...Sara are you packed for South Dakota?" Daddy asked Sara.
"Yeah just about, I was packing when you called me out"
"Good. Are you Anna?"
"Not yet, but I will get it done soon."
"No not 'soon', now. You two are dismissed"
Sara followed me to my room, "Anna I really am sorry that I got mad its just you know and I both know I know what I'm doing. I'm not stupid when it comes to riding. I've been riding for years now"
"I get that Sara but like I said this isn't just a little fair type of thing. This meet in South Dakota is the real thing. I never got that far you're better than I am. I don't want you to be slacking off on this, this thing is huge after South Dakota, it goes to Texas, Arizona then Vegas."
"Wait hold on.... did you really just say I'm better than you? How hard did you hit your head?"
"Ha, ha Sara"
Sara laughed at me, "I know how big this thing is and trust me Anna I know what I'm doing. You don't have to worry about me. You should be worry more about yourself... now."
"Yeah thanks, look I need to get packed so just go alright?" I couldn't explain what I was feeling. So many mixed emotions. If anything there was one thing that always calmed me down, and that being near Shadow, however, after today I don't know how well this is gonna work out. I changed my clothes and made my way outside
I was feeling the fear already the moment I walked into stables. I heard Logan in one of the stalls, cleaning up. I walked to Shadow's stall, I went into the stall, to stroke her mane. It was still calming, I needed it cauase I was shaking badly, I was still scared of her. Once I was almost fully calmed, she snorted and I fell back, which spooked her and scrambled out of the stall and she reared.
Logan came running once he realized that something was wrong.
"Anna what the hell?!"
I was crying by this point, I couldn't talk, my heart was pounding. Logan sat by me and held me until I stopped crying. I never thought that I would become to scared of my own horse. I grew up with Shadow. Been bucked off so many times and never got scared of her until now.
"Calm down, she's not going to hurt you." Logan said as he kissed my head.
"This cant be happening to me, Logan. Shadow is like my baby I can't be scared of her like this"
"You both need to get to over everything. Shadow got really spooked out there, you got thrown far I'm sure. I mean look at you, you're ankle is in a brace, your wrist in is a cast" Logan made a point, "You can't expect to get over something like this easily."
"But I can't be scared of my own horse"
"Look at me, you'll get over this. It's not the end of the world."
"Yeah I guess you're right"
"Look, I will call James and Jamie they'll help okay"
"Promise they will?"
"Uh yeah I can't promise that's really all to you, if you are willing to accept their help"
"Alright then"
"You know that I'm saying this be cause I wanna help you and you know thats the only way its going to work"
"I know"
"Come on, help me feed at least"
"Okay"
We both got up, Logan went back to Knights stall, I went to get hay. I brought over two flakes to Logan, and went back for more. Before I could leave Logan grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him,
"What?"
"You're gonna feed them with me, not just give me the hay" Logan wrapped his arms around me, "Pick up the hay and we will go in"
I was hesitant to even go in but Logan was with me, there's no way I could freak out right?