Forest of Tempenga

Day 2: A Disappearance

I walked around the Forest with my land knight, Keserin, discussing battle tactics, for what seemed like hours. The only thing was, it seemed like Keserin was the only one truly interested in the conversation. My mind was a drift in the thoughts of my mysterious Cave Dweller, Duran. All I wished to do was see him again, but I was the Princess, and I had my duties. We walked along the riverbank and I stared at the waterfall and saw the opening of Duran's cave. I wonder if he could see me right now, if he was watching me...
"Princess Miradita...PRINCESS!"
I zoned back in and stared in the face of my land knight. "My apologies, Keserin. I just seem to be, out of focus lately..."
"I've noticed, is everything all right Miradita? Is the war getting to your head? We'll be fine Miradita, if that's the case." Keserin said.
"Noo..no, I'm sure that we will be OK during this travesty."
"Then tell me what's the matter," Keserin spoke, "I am not only your land knight but I have been your best friend, practically your sister, since we were young." What Keserin said was true, she was practically my sister, and I could trust her with anything, but I wasn't ready to talk to anyone, even Keserin, about Duran. I don't know why, but I just wasn't ready.
Keserin finally stopped talking about the subject, and switched it back to war tactics. She walked me back to Tempenga Castle.

Back at the Castle, the King and Queen told me that I needed to watch one of the Servants, for he had fallen severely ill and all the Medics of Tempenga are helping. The Medics needed to find more herbs in the deep area of Tempenga, so I needed to bless and watch over the Servant.
I agreed.
I climbed up the spiraling staircase to the Isolation Chamber in one of the towers of Tempenga Castle. I passed by two Medics on the stairs. The Medics had a way of having a sweet aura and were genuinely good people, but their outer appearance gave you the chills. White priest like robes to the floor and scary black bird-like masks and carried bronze incense bottles with them.
I opened up the golden doors with the lion brass doorhandles to the Isolation Chamber and I was hit with the overwhelming aroma of sickness. In the bed, lay our sick Servant, skin white as snow, the white part of his eyes gone yellow and his eye color, which was previously a beautiful sea foam green, was black. His pink lips were blended in with his skin, and were cracked, his tongue. His weight had rapidly dropped and his body temperature had sky rocketed. His coughing and hacking was loud and shook the chamber. Next to the bed sat one of the Medics.
I stood at the foot of the bed after being informed by the Medic that it was not contagious. I got down on one knee and touched the man's leg and sent him my love and blessings and sang a song that my mother would sing to me whenever I was ill.
The Medic arose from the chair and said to me that he would have to leave to follow the other Medics in the deep forest area. The Medic would be gone for about an hour before a replacement could come watch.
I agreed to stay and care for the patient. The Medic left and I washed the face of the patient. He thanked me immensely and I cradled his head and sang the sweet melody of a song.
In exactly an hour, the patient had already fallen asleep and I was beginning to in my chair in the room. The replacement Medic arrived and released me of my duty.
For the time period that I was in the Chamber, I thought of Duran, my Cave Dweller. I ran down the spiral staircase and ran out of Tempenga Castle, all the way to the riverbank, behind the waterfall. I took out my bow and arrow and a piece of paper, I wrote a message to Duran to look out of the cave. I put the message on the arrow and shot it straight into the opening of the cave and I stared and waited. I saw Duran poke his head out of the edge and motion his hand to go on the other side. I ran and found a lush greenland on the side that had small trail to go up the side. Duran was waiting at the top. I ran up the side and into Duran's arms.
"Well hello Princess, what a pleasant surprise." His smile showed all of his white teeth and his dimples.
"Well, I just felt myself missing you today, for some reason, I don't..I don't know why, but I did..."
He chuckled at my stupidity and inability to talk, "I missed you as well, Princess."
"Please...call me Miradita."
"Miradita," He said, so softly and sensual, "what a beautiful name, for a beautiful woman."
I felt the blood rush to my cheeks again and I go weak at the knees. He had me under a trance. A love trance. And yet, I didn't seem to mind.
Duran and I spent until dusk up the mountain, and then from the Castle, I heard the trumpets blow twice.
"I must leave, instantly!" I ran down the side of the mountain as fast as I could.
"Wait, Miradita, come back!" Duran than began to run after me down the mountain.
"I cannot wait, two trumpet blows means something terrible as happened inside the Castle, I must leave, now!" Duran held me back and pressed me against his chest. He wiped a piece of hair out of my face. "Return to me after everything in the Castle is calm and no one needs you to be there, sneak out for me, Princess. I mean, Miradita." He leaned in as if to kiss me, but yet turned his head and released me. "Go, Miradita. Be blessed."
"Be blessed, Duran. I will try to see you later tonight, I shall try with all my might." I replied.
I ran as fast as my feet could take me to the Castle, but I felt as if I was in mist, my heart beat was rapid and I could feel the blood and hear my heartbeat in my ears.

I opened the Castle doors and found everyone gathered in the Grand Foyer.
"What has happened here?! I heard the trumpets."
The King came out of the crowd, "The sick Servant has disappeared. We don't know where or by who, there was no trace in the room. Daughter, did you wait in the Isolation Chamber like the Medic informed you too? The replacement Medic said he did see you in the room, or the patient, when he arrived."
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE DID NOT SEE ME! I SAW HIM, HE RELEASED ME FROM MY DUTY!"
The replacement Medic stood forward and I saw, that he was different from the one that entered the room. This replacement's beak on his bird-like mask was blue, when the one that came and released me, was green.
"My replacement had a green beak tip, not a blue one."
The King and Queen and other members of the castle looked at each other in distress, fear, agony and confusion.

Who was the Medic that I let take care of my Servant when I left...?