Status: Update when there's inspirations.

A New Girl in Town

#03

“Where have you guys been?” Halvo worried and rushed to hug Julie as she and John arrived at home.

John just shrugged while Julie felt guilty, so she spoke up. “I needed some fresh air but not knowing the way back home. I’m sorry.” She took a glance at John. “Luckily he found me.”

“That’s fine, baby. I’m the one who should apologize because of letting you wait for too long.” Halvo let go of Julie then turned to John. “Molly questioned about you too much dude, why didn’t you bring your phone?”

“I forgot.” John simply replied. “Nothing’s important about her, right?”

With that statement he left upstairs, leaving Halvo shouted, "She invited the three of us for dinner at 8!"

"Weird." Julie mumbled to herself.

"What?" Seemed like it was loud enough to be heard by her cousin. "That's just the way he is."

"I don't know what kind of mistake I have made. It seems like he avoids me or something. Or maybe I have some contagious diseases.." She shrugged and it just made Halvo laugh.

"You have no mistakes. He's just not into-.. Oops." Halvo stopped himself before sighing. "I'll tell you sometime, now just prepare yourself. Molly invited us for a dinner."

"Who's Molly?"

"A close friend." He showed a grin before leaving her alone in the living room.

*****


Walking down the stairs, a pair of green eyes stared intently at her once she stepped into the living room. She wore a red dress which simply had no sleeves and her dark blonde hair was allowed to fall down onto her back. Gorgeous. She bit her bottom lip at the realization that John stared still at her.

She cleared her throat eventually, “So.. Where’s Halvo?”

John could just get up from his seat before scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. “Um.. He’s on the car already while I’m here because-..” He stuttered, shit! Why should I be fucking nervous? He cursed inwardly. “Well, he ordered me to wait for you..”

“Uh okay..” She nodded her head casually and followed John to the driveway. Even though she wasn’t that kind of short girls, she was nothing to be compared to John. She just stared at his back as they walked and out of nowhere the sights brought her to her own thoughts. Should I admit that it’s cute when he’s nervous? Why do I care anyway?

Unconsciously she smiled to herself and the sound of Halvo cleared his throat brought her back to reality, “What are you thinking of, baby girl?” He smirked and it just made her cheeks heat up. It’s embarrassing. She shook her head lightly and Halvo continued, “Uh okay.. we need to rush, Molly can’t wait to see you, dear.”

She took one last glance at John before getting into the back seat and she saw him smile at her before hopping onto the passanger seat. Was that just her imagination or something, she could see him smile at her? Whatever that was, it was enough to build up the butterflies in her stomach.

The drive to Molly’s wasn’t that silent. Most of the conversations were started by Halvo who was a little more talkative than the other. He told about how A Rocket To The Moon and The Maine had known forever. And.. that was all before they pulled into Molly’s driveway.

“You’re gonna like her. She’s friendly just like you..” Halvo smiled before he rang the doorbell.

Julie just nodded her head, imagining what Molly looked like a moment before the door opened. It was a cute redhead with a black mini dress wrapped around her skinny figure and her hair fell down onto her shoulder. The first one she spotted was John and she rushed to hug him as if there were just the two of them. “I miss you, baby.”

Seeing the scene in front of her just reminded Julie about the first time she met John. Oh well that was embarrassing. Once John pulled away from Molly, he turned to Julie to remind Molly that there was the guest already. “Hi Molly!” She greeted.

“Oh hey, Julie?” Molly responded quickly and Julie just nodded. “The boys seem to like you, they talked about you so much today. Well, except for John. He didn’t visit me today, that’s why I miss him.” John just rolled his eyes in response, leaving Molly smacked his chest playfully in return. She then chuckled and grabbed Julie’s wrist, inviting them to come in. “C’mon.”

That’s why he stalked me today, right? Stalker. She thought to herself as she faked a smile to Molly. How could this guy be so weird?

Molly was such a great friend. Indeed what Halvo said before, she was friendly. Well, talkative. The whole dinner she talked to Julie, asking about how her life was before she decided to stay in Arizona with Halvo.

“Well the only reason why I really want to stay in Arizona is because I’ve never been in here before. People says Arizona is beautiful and warmer and I just wanna prove it..” Julie explained once they all were done with their dinner and were already going to get back home.

“Sorry if I’m too talkative, I just like you already. A lot.” Molly pulled Julie into a friendly hug before waving at the three of them. “You, Halvo. You have to let Julie come back here as often as possible.”

“Of course, darling!” Halvo hollered as he started the engine and drove away. He then tilted his head slightly to Julie as the red light on the road forced them to stop. “You know, little sissy? She doesn’t have girl friends, that’s why she likes you a lot already. Well, unless her high school buddies.”

“I don’t know but I understand.” She joked and out of nowhere suddenly she popped her head to John’s seat, “Is she your girlfriend anyway?”

His cheeks turned red. Silently anger showed in his deep voice as he turned to stare out the window, “Fucking no.”

“Oh I’m sorry, I don’t mean to-..” She apologized but Halvo cut her off.

“That’s okay, Julie.” He turned to her to give her an apologetic smile. She just nodded and plopped back to the back seat.

At least I know he’s available. She smiled to herself as her own thoughts built up the butterflies to her stomach. I suppose I have a crush on this mysterious guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm wondering if any of you guys is confused about who Molly is. Well, in the previous chapter it was mentioned that Molly was Kennedy's ex but here she goes to be close to John.
If you notice, you'll understand :D
Keep reading and give me your opinion. Thanks guys!!