If I Knew Who You Were

Halloween

*Gerards POV*

"Mikey! Be qwiet!" I shouted as I sat up in my bed. I could hear someone crying and knew that my baby brother did that a lot. I don't know why he does it, but mum says that it's because he's only 2 and thats what 2 year olds do.
I didn't do that when I was 2. I'm pretty sure of it.

The crying continued so I stood up and padded my way across my huuuuge room. I stood out on the landing and slowly made my way across to my baby brothers room. I pushed on the heavy wooden door and saw Mikey sleeping peacefully in his crib - but the crying continued.

I slowly closed the door and wondered towards the huge twisty staircase that went on either side of the hallway down stairs.
I sat on the top step and slowly shuffled down them all. They were too big for me so this is the only way I can get up and down stairs without mum, dad or one of the workers here to carry me.

I finally got to the bottom and the crying had stopped but I could hear voices. I could hear my mum, my dad and...Linda!

Linda was one of the people who worked in my house for my parents. She didn't have very much money and didn't have anywhere to stay so she was able to stay here, She's only been here for about 9 months though. She's nice and looks after me when mum and dad are out at the important places that they have to go to sometimes. She even helped me with my Halloween costume today - even though she said that her belly hurt a little bit - I must admit she was looking a bit tubby - but thats what happens when you eat too much.

I walked down some more steps (these ones weren't as steep) and into the place in my house where the workers lived. Just as I reached the door, my dads legs blocked my view from what was in the room.

"What are you doing, Gerard?!" My dad questioned slowly lifting me up.
"I heard cwying, buh ih wasn't Mikey"
"Uh - It's nothing, c'mon lets get you back to sleep, yeah?" he said as I yawned. I nodded slowly and before we'd even got back to my room I was asleep.

*3rd Person*

The strange thing about that night - was that every Halloween after that night, Gerard swore that as he was trying to sleep, wondering around to get a drink of water or stumbling in from crazy Halloween parties....he could always hear several quiet voices singing 'Happy Birthday'
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue...or not?