If I Knew Who You Were

History

After our meal, we left the restaurant hand in hand. I couldn't keep the smile off of my face, and he seemed the same way. Luckily during the meal, he loosened up a bit, and seemed more comfortable around me, which made me happy. We walked through the car park, and as he walked towards my car, I dragged him away and up the street. He gave me a confused glance but carried on walking with me, regardless. We arrived at a small park that I always used to go to when I was little, when my parents were around more often, they assume that now I'm 20 and Mikeys 17 we don't need them anymore, even so, that wasn't the case.

We sat down on the swings, and a silence one again hung over us, but this time it was a lot more comfortable. "So, tonight I found out, Mr Iero, that you are a vegetarian and you play guitar. I want to know a lot more" I said, breaking the strangely beautiful silence.

He shrugged. "What do you wanna know?"

"Tell me about your family first"

"M-my family?" I nodded. "Okay...well - There's my mum. She's awesome. I'm sure you'd get on with her actually. She's like, my best and only friend and she actually loves the fact that I'm bi, because all the time we sit around watching TV and we judge which guys on certain channels we think are hot. That's pretty funny." He grinned and then turned to face me. I sat there and looked at him urging for him to continue. He understood this urge and shook his head.

"There's nothing else to know"

"What?"

"My mum is my family."

"What about...your Dad?"

"Never known him. He slept with my mum, and left"

"Well...What about Grandparents?"

"Disowned my mum when they found out she was pregnant with no husband or boyfriend." he sighed. I couldn't believe it. I thought I had it bad with my parents not being around, but that was nowhere near as bad as not having any family.

"I-I'm sorry" I answered, not really knowing what else to say.

"It's no big deal, but I can tell that my mum gets upset about it sometimes, and she always tells me that she wishes I could've had a better childhood"

"Where'd you grow up?" I asked, trying to change this rather depressing subject.

"Does it matter?" He said defensively. Obviously that too, was a rather depressing subject.

"No, I guess not. Well. What about school?"

"Home-schooled"

"You serious?" He nodded and directed his eyes to the floor once again. I felt so bad for Frank. I thought he was just like any other guy I'd dated, but he was so much more than that. He had a past that obviously upsets him, he hardly has a family, I don't think he has much money. I felt like such a prick just being alive. "You're brave" I said, without thinking.

He looked at me and cocked an eyebrow. "Well, y'know. I thought I had it hard because I can't get a boyfriend, but here you are with hardly any family, and you don't go to school so I assume that why you don't have many friends and you don't really have much money, and you're still smiling." I cursed myself. "That sounded mean, but it wasn't supposed to" He smiled slightly, to show he accepted my apology before opening his mouth and speaking.

"Is that why you took me to an expensive-ass restaurant"

"What?"

"I mean...You said that you really want a boyfriend, and I guess you take all your dates there because it looks good y'know, to take someone to a really expensive restaurant that does if I must add, really great food, but I mean...are you that afraid to just be yourself around people, rather than flashing your money around?"

"I guess I never thought of it like that, but it does help me judge people better by doing it like this"

"Oh yeah. How?"

"Well. Any other guy I'd have taken there would've instantly assumed that I was going to pay, but not you. Y'know Frank, you're actually the only guy who I've ever taken out that I think I actually want to see again after tonight" I smiled at him.
A light blush covered his cheeks and I giggled, and couldn't resist leaning forward and leaving a small kiss over the light red stain on his cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. I know.
I take to long to update, blah blah blah...
But honestly, I lose my motivation to write when I don't get comments. *hint**hint*

EDIT: iii have changed the titles. I got sick of having to look for lyrics to use, so I cheated and changed the titles, bahahaha!