If I Knew Who You Were

Truth

*Lillys POV* (Shocker, right?)
I walked in the direction Frank had just walked in slowly, bringing my fingers up and brushing my lips slightly, the tingling feeling of Gerards skin still lingering. I sighed because I knew that there was no way that me and him could be together, and I guess I'd come to terms with that, but it doesn't stop me feeling things.

I rounded the corner to see Frank standing leaned up against the wall. "Frank?" I asked, hoping that it was actually him. Otherwise I'd have made a fool of myself. He looked up at me and blinked a couple of times, as if trying to register who he was. His eyes widened slightly, and his face went pale.

"You left before me, why are you still here?"

"I-I...uh...I-" He stuttered, his mouth opening and closing like that of a goldfish as he tried to think of an excuse.

"Don't make some shit up Frank. I'll be able to tell if you're lying"

"Okay...This is gonna sound so crazy, but you have to hear me out" He said, fear in his eyes.
I nodded, and waited for him to continue, crossing my arms across my chest. "I work in that house" he said pointing at Gerards house. I snorted slightly, and he gave me a look to show that he was serious, so I mumbled a small 'sorry' before looking at him expectantly to finish.

"L-Linda is my mum.." my eyes widened. "I-I was born in that house...in the workers rooms on Halloween 16 years ago. My mum got a job there because Mrs Way took pity on her and said that she could use someone to look after Gerard and Mikey while they were growing up and she was away, and rather than pay her with money, they'd give her somewhere to stay. At this time, my mum was pretty much homeless anyway because she didn't have a job, so she agreed instantly. It was a few weeks after that, that she found out she was pregnant with me..." He sighed and looked down. "Mr Way was going to kick her out, because he thought that she'd wanted to work there so that she could have somewhere to raise me, but that wasn't true and she convinced him of that, but he never wanted me to meet Gerard or Mikey" He paused, and sighed. He had a look on his face that showed that he was almost ashamed. "He sent them to the best schools in the state so that they wouldn't have to mix with people like me..."

I gave him a look as if to say 'people like you?' and he read it quickly so answered, somewhat angrily may I add; "He doesn't think I'm worthy or some shit like that. He thinks that just because I have no real home, no money and no family that I'm fucking impure or something, and he doesn't want me tainting his precious boys!!" He said loudly, before putting his hand to his forehead and sighing.

"So...how did you meet Gerard?" I questioned slowly.

"I-I met him at the Misfits"

"Why didn't you stay away?" I shot another question, almost as if I was trying to catch him out.

"I've never known what he looks like! I've been down in the workers rooms, pretty much my whole life. It's only recently that I've been able to go out! I met Gerard and didn't know who he was until we exchanged numbers..."

"...and that's why you refuse to let him know where you live - because you live..." I trailed off, pointing to the house before bringing that hand to my head and rubbing my face.

"You can't tell him, Lilly..." he said, pleadingly.

My ears almost imploded. He actually expected me to keep something like this from my best friend?! "What do you mean I can't tell him!? He has to know"

"No! He cannot know!"

"So you're going to lie to him"

"No...I'm going to break it off with him"

"You can't do that!!" I shrieked in horror.

"Why not?"

"Because it's only today that you got together as boyfriends!"

"I didn't give him a specific answer!!" He said, loudly.

I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. Gerard seemed pretty certain that Frank was now his boyfriend, and now Frank was saying that they possibly weren't...this is too much. "I can't let you break it off with him" I said, standing my ground for the sake of Gerard.

"Why not?"

"Because...He really likes you Frank. I mean really likes you, and if you say you can't see him anymore, it'll destroy him! I can't see him like that. He's been like it before, and it breaks my heart to see my best friend like that! I can't let you be the cause of that if I can help it!" I said, proud with the emotion that I managed to pour into my little speech.

Frank looked helpless for a minute, before opening his mouth to speak once more. "You cannot tell him. My mum will be fired, and we'll be homeless again - I can't do that to her"
He had a point there.

Fuck. This really was the most confusing situation I'd ever been in, in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. The truth is out, Lilly knows.

Alot of dialog in this chapter...=/

I know that, that does sound a little unbelievable, but it's kinda based on a story I read in a magazine aaaages ago...It wasn't exactly the same thing, but I remembered it when I was writing this, and its kinda where the idea came from.

Comments please? I have 65 subscribers but I only get 4 or 5 comments per chapter..