If I Knew Who You Were

Confusion

The end of the day came quickly, and all day I'd been pondering over what could possibly be up with Lilly that she wasn't telling me. She'd practically admitted to me that it was nothing to do with her mum when she told me that I'd find out what was wrong soon enough.

I leant against my car after throwing everything into the backseat and waited. I glanced at my watch and continued to wait. Lilly and me always met by my car so we could drive home together or where-ever we decided to go that evening. I started to bite my nails, and fidget with the hem of my shirt.

15 minutes later when she still hadn't turned up I climbed into the car, slamming the door as I did so. I sped of down the road still feeling angry, and I was sent into a state of shock as I saw her nearing her house. I pulled over the car and climbed out. She turned around hearing the slamming of the car door, and her face drained of colour.

"Gee.--"

"Save it Lilly. If you were pissed off at me and didn't want to be in a car with me, fine, but at least have the fucking decency to let me know so I'm not standing around looking like some retard when no-one turned up!" I spat. I'd rarely ever been angry at Lilly, and normally then they were normally trivial things that I'd feel stupid for getting angry about this. My reasoning for being angry right now was fair though, right?

"Gerard I just...I couldn't face you..."

"Couldn't face me why? What have a done?"

"You haven't done anything Gerard..."

"Then why are you shutting me out?!" I asked desperately.

"Because..." she stopped herself, thinking of a way to explain what was going on in her head. "Gerard I'm not shutting you out because of anything that you've done...or even anything that Ive done. I'm shutting you out because I know something about someone who appears to be important in your life. Something that I can't tell you. I want to tell you, so fucking badly, but I can't because I promised I wouldn't....It's not my place to say, not my secret to tell. I feel so guilty about keeping something like this from you...and honestly, I don't think it's anything that needs to be told because I know that he can trust you with what he has to tell you, but it isn't my place to say" she said, tears spilling over her cheeks and onto the collar of her shirt.

I made to move closer to her, but she shook her head and made her way into her house, leaving me standing on the side of the road, my mouth opening and closing like that of an epileptic goldfish. I sighed and got back into the car to make my way back home.
As soon as I walked through the door I regretted it, because the first thing that I heard was my Dad yelling.

"...out!" was all I heard him yell. I then heard Lindas desperate voice.

"Sir, he's only 16!" I crept closer to the kitchen and listened into the argument.

"Exactly. He's now old enough to make it into the real world. He's no use here!"

"Where's he supposed to live?!"

"He can stay here, until he earns enough money to own his own apartment or something, but I can't have people like him around this house!"

"Can't you just employ him here?"

"And have him around my boys? Never!" My ears perked up at this. Who the fuck were they yelling about anyway?

"They wouldn't take a second look at him. They'd just see him as someone else who works here!" she said, but I could hear doubt in her voice.

"Linda, if you don't get him out into the real world, it won't just be him who I'll kick out!" my father said sternly.

Next thing I knew, the door I was leaning against was opened and I ended up falling flat on my face on the marble floor of the kitchen. "Gerard?!" My dad said, sounding alarmed. He hauled me up off of the floor and brushed me down before looking at me in a concerned fashion. "How much did you hear?" he asked quickly as Linda brushed past us.

"N-not much...who were you talking about?"

A relieved look passed over his face as he realized that I didn't actually know who they were talking about. "No-one m'boy. Don't you worry about it" he said, passing me to make his way into the dining room where he started to talk to my mother. I furrowed my eyebrows as I made my way upstairs to my room where I flopped down onto the bed.

What the fuck is going on?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, I wanna thank Venomous.Vampire for pointing out some mistakes I had made, and helping me sort them.

Secondly, I have a new story *does jazz hands* so if you like my style of writing, please click the link, check it out and possibly comment [Insert innocent face here]
What happened in Vegas?!