If I Knew Who You Were

Guilt

Franks POV

I was lying down in the workers rooms listening to Mr Way yelling at my mum. I couldn't believe that he was planning on kicking me out. Gerard is 20, and he still gets to live here with out having his own job, and not doing any work around here either, I'm only 16 and I never went to school, having to work around this house in secret, where the fuck does he expect me to go?! The shouting continued, and after Mr Way had stopped, I heard a small thud.

My heart went into overdrive...it sounded like someone had fallen over! He wouldn't have hit my mum would he? I swear if that motherfucker--

"Gerard?!" I heard Mr Ways alarmed voice say. Voices were then lowered, and I didn't hear anything else, until my mum came downstairs, looking grim.

"I heard a thud mum, did he hurt you?" I asked quickly, standing up and walking to her. She looked stunned for a minute before smiling at me.

"No baby, he didn't. Gerard fell through the door, very unelegantly. Serves him right for listening in on other peoples conversations."

"He heard what you said?" I questioned. My mums face quickly paled, obviously realizing the problem involved here. Then almost on cue, my phone started ringing. I looked at it, and the caller ID said "Gerard".

"I bet he's calling me to ask why I didn't tell him I lived in his house," I said to my mum who'd seen the caller ID as well.

"No, if he knew he'd probably come down here and find out for himself,"

"Your right." I said, solemnly, before realizing that the phone had stopped ringing. Quickly I called him back.

"Hello?" he answered pretty much straight away.

"Hey, sorry I didn't answer a minute ago. I couldn't get my phone out of my pocket in time. Damn tight jeans" I chuckled as I shooed my smirking mother away.

"Oh, tight jeans, eh?" he said, almost seductively. I just chuckled, some-what nervously, in response. "So, how're you?" he asked.

"I'm alright actually, and you?" I said, hating myself for encouraging small talk.

"Not really. It's been a fucking weird day"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Firstly Lillys all off with me..." Cue guilt to rip me to shreds

"Did she say why?"

"No, she said it wasn't her place to say" he sighed. I instantly felt so grateful to Lilly. Gerard was her best friend, and they were the kind of people who told each other everything, yet she still kept my secret for me! "She seemed really messed up about it though..." he sighed again. Cue guilt once again.

That's it. It's now or never. To save his friendship with Lilly, and possibly my own sanity, I had to tell him who I was. "Gerard, there's something I need to tell you.." I said cautiously. He hummed in response to let me know that he was listening, and I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "I-I...It's just that...well...I" Fuck this. "Nothing...never mind" I said, defeated. I'm such a pansy.

"Are you sure it's not important?" Gerard asked curiously.

I felt so guilty for lying to him. This whole mess is my fault, but I'm too worried about myself and what will happen to me that I can't even stop to think about other people. I'm such an asshole.

"I actually forgot what I was going to say, so y'know, it obviously wasn't that important." I chuckled. "Y'know, I'd better go now" I added, wanting to hang up on awkwardness and probably even more guilt.

"Yeah sure, I'll see you soon, yeah?" He asked, hope in his voice.

"Um - Maybe, I'll be in contact" I sighed, hanging up before either of us could exchange anymore words.
♠ ♠ ♠
iii Don't like this one that much.

Comment anyway? Because...you love me? *Puppy eyes*