If I Knew Who You Were

Shock

Gerards POV

"Gerard!" Frank said, shocked. "I am not seeing Lilly, behind your back or otherwise." he said in a shocked tone. This caught me off guard, because Frank seemed really apologetic a second ago, and trying to explain something to me and giving me reasons. That meant that he was actually hiding something from me, even if it wasn't what I had originally thought it was.

My face calmed, and I looked at him intently. "So, what did you think I was talking about?" I asked, shakily, worried at what his answer would be.

"I-" He started, and paused as we heard a car-door slam outside. We both looked out of the window at the same time, and Franks face paled, so much that I thought he was going to pass out. "I've gotta get out of here!" He said quickly making a rush for the back door.

"No, you're not going anywhere, we need to talk" I stated, dragging him into the hall, intending to take him into my room, but plans changed as the front door opened. He tried to pull away from my grasp, but I kept a hold on his arm, not understanding what had gotten into him.

"Gerard, please," he hissed, as my father walked through the door.

"Gerard? I thought you were at school," My dad chuckled, before looking past me and seeing Frank. "Iero?!" He boomed, anger dripping from his voice. I looked to Frank with a confused expression, and he looked back at me, a look that could break even the strongest mans heart. He looked physically pained, and tears were leaking down his cheeks. My father's yelling attracted the attention of someone else in the house, because Linda ran into the hallway quickly.

"You called?" she asked, breathlessly.

"Not you." he said, eying her. It was then that I realized that I'd never known Linda's second name. It's strange really that she answered to Franks second name. Linda looked at me, and saw Frank in my grasp, and her face fell.

"I thought we had a deal, Linda?" My father snarled walking towards Frank.

"I-I know. Bu-But..." she started, but obviously couldn't think of anything to say.

I watched in horror as my Dad grabbed the collar of Franks shirt, and made their faces level.
"So. Care to tell me what you're doing out here," he paused, before his voice raised into an almighty yell, that caused me to wince. "In the middle of the day?!" Frank just chocked out a sob and looked helplessly to Linda. "..and you wondered why I wanted to get rid of him!" My father stated to Linda.

"Please sir. It wasn't his fault."

"No, it wasn't. It was yours." Linda's face crumpled. "And your fired."

I felt my heart leap into my throat. This was so surreal, and I had no idea what was going on.
"No, please. W-We have nowhere to go" she chocked out desperately.

"I'm sorry Linda, but you knew the deal."

I looked at everyone in disbelief. Wondering if anyone was going to tell me what was happening.

"Sir," Frank started in a watery voice as he wiped his eyes quickly. "Please don't kick her out, she doesn't deserve it. This is my fault, and I should've fixed it so much sooner than I did but I didn't because I was looking out for myself," he paused and glanced at me. "I'll go, just please - Please let my mum stay." he pleaded, looking straight at my dad. That's when it hit me. Frank had referred to Linda as his mum...

I could see his face soften slightly as he looked up to Linda, and back to Frank again. "Be out by 7pm tonight" he said firmly, before picking the newspaper up from the desk in the hall, and carried on into the living room to read it. Frank let out a sigh before walking straight past me to Linda and pulling her into his arms. "I'm so sorry" he whispered.

"Wh-where are you going to go?" she asked, both of them ignoring me presence.

"I don't know. I'll find somewhere" he said, acting strong. He pulled away, and walked down into the workers rooms, obviously to collect his things.

Linda turned and looked at me. "Do you still wonder why you heard people singing Happy Birthday on Halloween?" she asked simply before walking into the kitchen, leaving me standing there in a state of shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a mini chapter, I am aware - but that just seemed like the right place to leave it.

Comments?

EDIT: There's 102 of you out there who are reading this and are subscribed to it, so why am I getting comments from only the same few people? I know you're out thereeee!