If I Knew Who You Were

Friendship

-16 years later-

"Gerard! Hurry uuuuup!" Lilly whined as I added more and more layers of eyeliner on.

"One second!"

"Fucking hell, Gee! You're so gay! You take longer than me to get ready - and I'm a girl"

"It's true" I laughed as I stood looking at myself in the full length mirror. "I look okay, right?"

"You'll have half the guys in the room drooling over you - gay or not...now can we go?!" She whimpered grabbing my arm and pulling me out of my room and towards the large marble staircase that, if I'm honest, I still have difficulty getting down.

"Meet me in the car, 'Kay?" I said to Lilly, giving her the keys. She sighed and wondered off.
She really was a good friend. A lot of the kids who I used to go to school with and now go to college with only like me because my dad has a lot of money and I have a huge house...which generally leads to the simple fact that I've thrown some pretty bad-ass house parties, but Lilly was the one who always liked me for me, not the material possessions that I owned - and that meant a lot to me.

I jogged into the kitchen to pick up some of the booze I was going to be taking tonight and found the majority of the catering staff who worked here all leaning over something.
As soon as they noticed my presence they all tried to hide whatever it was they were doing.
"Ooh...'Kay?!" I said slowly picking up what I needed. As I did I noticed a packet of multi-coloured candles on the worktop. "Guys...whats going on?" I said as I picked the candles up.

"It's nothing" Linda said as she practically appeared out of nowhere and snatched the candles out of my hand, smiling slyly at me. Linda always had been one of my favourite people who worked here - I decided from a very young age that she was gonna work here forever.
To be honest - I still agree with my 9 year old self.

I pouted like a small child, and did the puppy dog eyes that normally won me what I wanted when I was younger. "Gerard Way. You are 20 years old - that won't work!" Linda said as she swatted my head lightly with the candles. I chuckled at her, before curiosity got the better of me and I tried to peer over everyones shoulders.

There was an impatient honk of my car horn from outside and I remembered the party.
"Oh yeah guys - if mum and dad miraculously return home anytime soon, can you let them know that I'm out tonight and I'll be out tomorrow"

They all nodded quickly and as I picked up the cases of alcohol I'd gone into the kitchen to pick up - I swear I heard them all breath a sigh of relief.