If I Knew Who You Were

A place to stay?

I stood nervously on the doorstep to my best friends house, fidgeting around after ringing the doorbell. Neither me nor Lilly had college today so I knew she'd probably be home. I heard some shuffling around in the hallway, before the front door opened to reveal a very weary looking Lilly.

"Gerard? Hey," she said, looking shocked.

"Uh can I come in?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah, sure." she answered, some-what hesitantly moving away from the door to let me in. I followed her into the living room where we both sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Listen I'm sorry -" we both said at the same time, turning to look at each other wide-eyed before laughing together.

"Well, let me try again," I laughed before turning serious again. "I'm really sorry for thinking of only myself as usual and not stopping to think about what you were going through. I know how much you hate lying" she nodded. "And well, I found out everything." I finished, glancing down.

I heard her gasp slightly, before she moved onto my sofa and put her arms around me. "Don't be angry at him Gerard. He just wanted to protect his mum which is why he couldn't tell you"

"I'm not angry. I've been too confused to be angry, but I guess I can understand why he did it" I mumbled then told her the story of everything that had happened.

"So, Frank got kicked out but made sure that Linda stayed, and she just let him go?" Lilly asked in disbelief.

"I guess I hadn't thought about that," I sighed, glancing down. This whole situation had really caught me off guard.

"But - You know where he is, right?"

I looked up at Lilly with a pained expression. "I don't, he didn't even know. I'm so worried - what if he gets mugged and is bleeding in a gutter or something,"

"I'm sure he's not, you know, you should have told him to come here,"

"Lil' it isn't my place to do that,"

"I guess, but still, he can stay here,"

"Who can stay here?" Lilly's mum said, poking her head through the door.

"Frank, Gerards--" Lilly paused, and looked at me. All I could do was shrug. "Just Frank." She sighed.

"A boy? Lilly, I don't think that's appropriate,"

"I wouldn't do anything with him, he belongs to Gerard," she smirked.

"Well, why can't he stay with Gerard?"

There'd been too many secrets recently, so I was just completely honest with Lillys mum, telling her everything.

"Well, that's just awful!" She sighed, after hearing the whole story. "Of course he can stay here," she smiled, before standing up and leaving the room.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and flicked through my contacts until I came across his number where I hit the green phone button. I waited while it rang and was just about to pick up when I heard a female voice. "Gerard?" she asked, questioningly, and I instantly recognized the voice as Lindas.

"Linda? Is Frank with you?" I asked hopefully.

"Nope, I found his phone on his bed with a note next to it,"

"What does it say?"

"I think you should read it your self,"

"It's not a suicide note, is it?" I asked hesitantly.

Linda let out a bitter chuckle, before saying; "It's nothing like that, it's just something that I think you should read for yourself,"

I nodded into the phone, even though I knew that Linda couldn't see me. Lilly had a worried expression on her face as I chewed my lip after hanging up.
"Frank didn't take his phone - we can't get in contact with him," I sighed, hugging Lilly briefly before leaving the house to read this note that Linda was talking about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. That title probably gave you false hope about what Franks doing right now, huh?

Even if it's not all that exciting (sorry about that) I want to dedicate this chapter to Beth (Jesus_Of_Port_Toilet) because not only did she leave me my 100th comment, but she left me like...the nicest one I've ever got, and it made me smile lots - so thank you (: