If I Knew Who You Were

Look at this photograph

-1 month later-

It was around one month since everything had happened and I still hadn't properly come to terms with the whole thing. It was currently Christmas Eve and everyone in the house had some jolly spirit about them, except for me and of course Linda.

Linda was desperately upset that Frankie would most likely be spending Christmas alone and not with his family - because even though his mother was the only family he actually had, apparently a lot of the staff who worked here treated him as family too. From December 23rd to December 27th, all of the staff have time off, and don't have to do anything around the house. That left my mother to cook the Christmas dinner, which might I add, she loves doing and does it very well - she should cook more often.

There were also a lot of staff who didn't even live here - so they could spend time at home with their families. It was like this on most holidays, because even though my Dad appeared to be a bit of an asshole, he was also very understanding when it came to family, and saw it as an important part of life.

Linda usually went to one of the other staff members house for Christmas, so that Frank could have a better day than being cooped up in the house, but this year I'd invited Linda to have dinner with us. She was also going to be helping my mum with the Christmas dinner, because they both love to cook.
This could go one of two ways. Amazing - because they'll both get on, or disastrous because they both wanted control.

There was a light tap on the door, and I looked up to see Mikey standing there quietly watching me pick at loose threads on my bed sheet. "Hey Mikes," I said, scooting over on the bed to make some room for him to sit down.

"Hey, how are you?"

"I'm fine," I lied, badly.

"I can tell you're not. Is it because of Frank?" I scrunched my face up a little bit, and looked up at him nodding. About a week after Frank had left/been kicked out, I spoke to Mikey about him, explaining everything from how we met to how everything went wrong. Even though Mikey was a bit of a walking disaster with a small attention span - he was also a damn awesome little brother who is always there for me when I need someone to talk to or a hug. "I-I guess I don't really know what to say," he frowned slightly, glancing down.

"I guess I'm just worried about what he's doing. I mean, what if he couldn't find anywhere to stay, and is sleeping on the streets or he's saying with someone who beats him up or rapes him or something?"

"I highly doubt that. I'm sure he'd call Linda if it was that bad,"

"Thats the thing. He wouldn't. He wants to prove he's strong, and if he says that he won't call for help - then he won't,"

"Well, he's close to Linda. Maybe he'll come back for Christmas?" My eyes lit up at this thought. Of course it had crossed my mind as well. Heck. I'd even gotten him a Christmas present just in case.

After Frank had left, I'd spent a lot of time with Linda almost trying to learn everything about Frankie that I hadn't already. She showed me a load of photos from his childhood, and he was an absolutely adorable child. One photo that stuck out right now, was the one that was taken at Diane, the head cooks, house on Christmas day when Frankie was 4. He was sitting in front of the tree, holding a single present in his hands, looking longingly at it with a huge cheesy grin. He was wearing a pair of batman pajamas and he had an innocence about him that was noticeable even from just a photo. I looked over to my desk, where I had it leant up against the support of my lamp, laughing slightly as I saw it.

"Don't get your hopes up though, bro," Mikey said cautiously.

"I'm not going to," Mikey smiled, and was about to say something when his phone sounded throughout the room. He pulled it out of his pocket, and looked at the caller ID, before frowning slightly. "Who is it?" I asked

"Alicia,"

"Then why are you frowning?" I asked, to which he shrugged. "You're not fighting are you?"

"No! Not at all, I just...feel bad I guess,"

"Because you know I'm missing Frank?" He nodded slowly, and I chuckled at his naturally caring nature. "Just answer it, I don't mind. Tell her I say hi," I smiled at him.

I truly loved Alica for how happy she made my brother and I was glad that even though my Dad didn't really approve of their relationship, Mikey kept seeing her anyway - because they really were a beautiful couple.

God, I sound so sappy and now I'm jealous!
♠ ♠ ♠
&&& The time hopping begins.
I'm not sure I'm keen on this chapter - but it's only really a filler anyway. Honestly, there shall be a few of these, but I will make them as interesting as possible (: *hopefully*
:P

Title credit to Nickleback - even though I don't like them much, I do love that song (: