If I Knew Who You Were

How High school

2 months later

"Can you believe it Gee?" Lilly sighed as we walked out of our college for the last time. "We've finished there. Now we go and make it in the real world,"

"Although we'll never grow up," I laughed wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"Hey guys, I'm having a party tonight for everyone who's leaving this year, and would really appreciate it if you guys could make it," Some guy who obviously goes to our college smiled, handing us a poster. How high school.

I rolled my eyes. "You going?" I asked, looking down at Lilly.

"Yeah, why not? It'll be good having every one together one last time," she smiled. "Plus. Could get us a couple'a boyfriends," she grinned.

"Good idea," I smiled.

Basically, Frank had left eight months ago and I was beginning to get the idea that he was never coming back. I couldn't wait for him anymore, plus, he did tell me to move on and forget what we might have had, so I was going to respect his wishes.

"That's the spirit, Gee, you haven't been in a relationship for ages,"

"You know why that is," I laughed, giving her a side long glance. "Plus, you haven't either,"

Lilly didn't answer, and I looked down at her to see a slightly grim and disappointed look on her face. She noticed me looking at her, and she gave a bright smile, but I just frowned. "What's up?"

"Nothing,"

"Lilly-" I started, about to lecture her about how she can tell me anything in the world.

"Okay, it's just...have you even wanted someone that you can't have?"

"Hello, I've been waiting for Frank for eight months," I laughed, matter of factly, wondering where this was going.

"That's not what I mean. I mean like; if you were friends with this really great guy...and you started to fall for him, but he was straight. You know what I mean?"

"That's never happened to me because I won't let myself fall for straight guys," I said, and paused. "Oh my god...Lilly, are you a lesbian?" I asked, looking at her quickly.

"No!" She shot back. "I mean, I don't have a problem with them it's just, I'm not one of them,"

"Then what is this about?" I started. She opened her mouth to speak and glanced up at me, a blush sliding across her face. "Oh my god, you love a gay guy don't you!"

"Yeah," she said, looking at the floor.

"Who is he? Is he hot?"

"Yeah, he is hot," she sighed again.

"Well. Who is he? Maybe I can help you straighten him out,"

"I don't think you could. Listen, it doesn't matter. Like I said, tonight, we're going to go out and have a good time, and hopefully pick us up a boyfriend each,"

"Deal," I smiled, taking her hand into mine and shaking it. We climbed into my car, and I drove her over to her house to drop her off. "I'll meet you here at seven, okay?" I said, as she opened the door.

"Yeah, sounds good," she said, leaning over and placing an innocent kiss on my cheek. I smiled at her and noticed a blush slide across her face. "I'll see you later,"

"Bye," I smiled, waving as I drove back into the direction of my house, preparing for the evening ahead.

I made my way into my house, surprised at how silent it was. "Where is everyone?" I asked, as Linda walked through the hall carrying a basket of washing.

"Uhh...your parents have gone on another business trip, and Mikey's gone to his girlfriends for the night,"

"What about all the staff? Normally this place is buzzing!"

"There's not been much to do recently," she laughed. "A lot of them went home early,"

"So why are you still working," I asked, laughing slightly too.

"I got bored!" she said, putting the basket down on the floor.

"So, no-one is gonna be in tonight?"

"Just me and you, and Reg, the butler," she laughed, referring the the other person in the house who got accommodation as pay. I bet he had some form of child hiding under the wings as well. "And before you say anything - No - he doesn't have a son lurking around under the house!" she said, flicking my shoulder, almost as if she could read my thoughts.

"Daughter?" I asked, to which I got another flick, only this one to the ear. "Anyway, don't be worried if I come in late tonight...or if you hear two sets of feet descending the stairs," I laughed cheekily. I saw Lindas face fall slightly.

"Wh-Where are you going?"

"Just a party with a bunch of other people who are finally free of college. Lilly and I decided that we're gonna get boyfriends tonight,"

"Oh, that's great," she said, forcing a smile.

"You don't look happy," I commented.

"R-Really? I'm fine," she said, smiling back at me, but it didn't reach her eyes. "It's just.." she started, only for me to cut her off.

"Frank." She sighed, and nodded her head. "What? So you expect me to wait for him forever. I don't think I can do that anymore!"

"I'm not, I'm not. It's just that I miss him a lot, and I don't want to give up hope that I will see him again and by you getting a boyfriend, it just seems to me that you're moving on and forgetting about him,"

"I am moving on and forgetting about him," I sighed. "Like I said, I can't wait for him forever," I said matter-of-factly, swiftly turning around and making my way up the stairs and into my room to get myself all prettied up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tut tut Gerard *sigh*
Believe it or not..the next chapter won't be set 2 months after this one O.O. I because you're all so proud of me :P

Time for some shameless advertising. I have a new story: Satisfaction.
Give it a read/comments? The first chapter will be up later tonight :D