If I Knew Who You Were

Unsure

"I'll pick my car up tomorrow" I said to Lilly who was now driving it. I hadn't drank that much - but she hadn't drunk anything - so decided it was best for her to drive. She drove down the long driveway as I made my way towards the front door.

I could see small clouds of smoke coming from the porch and at first assumed it was Mikey. The figure quickly stood and jumped over the side of the porch - I knew then that it wasn't Mikey because whoever it was, was too small.

I ran around the porch to try and catch whoever it was - but was just faced with the beauty of the garden that ran along the side of the house - lack of person.

I instantly felt anger fill up. I ran into the house and at that point didn't care who I woke up. How dare a stranger think they can just wonder into my garden when they feel like it!
I ran down the stairs into the workers quarters. Nothing to do with the fact that I could wake them up because it was "their job to listen to me", but because there was no-one else to wake up...aside from Mikey who was rubbish in these situations. As I got to the bottom step I heard hushed voices from Lindas room.

"Did he see?"I heard Linda say.

"Mum, it's hard to miss someone launching them self from the porch - don't you think?!"

"Which one was it?"

"I don't know what either of them look like, plus it's dark out there!"

"Well...maybe you're just going to have to be more careful"

"Where the hell else am I supposed to smoke! I go all day without one - and thats the only time I get!"

"Then quit!"


I knocked slowly on the door, confused beyond belief. Linda slowly opened it and smiled when she saw me.

"Gerard - what're you doing down here at this time?"

"When...I got home, there was someone on the porch an..-who were you just talking to?"

"No one, just one of the cleaning staff" she smiled falsely.

I shrugged it off and wished her goodnight before making my way upstairs.

--Next morning--

"Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! It's today! It's today!!" Mikey squealed as he launched himself onto my bed - waking me up whilst doing so.

"I know..." I said groggily, still recovering from my sleep. Last month was Mikeys birthday and I'd bought him tickets for us to go and see the Misfits. Mum and dad weren't particularly please about us going to see them, seeing as they don't really like the music. Me and Mikey both know that they also assume that gigs are a place for 'commoners" as they'd put it.
They wouldn't want us to be exposed to 'such people"
Inside...I'm dying to be one of those people.