If I Knew Who You Were

Brief meetings

I walked back into my room smiling to myself after I'd dropped Matt off a few minutes ago. I wanted him to stay over or something, but he had to be places tomorrow and had to leave early, so he couldn't.

I flopped onto my bed, and noticed a crunching sound as I did so. Flinching, I sat up to look behind me at whatever I'd landed on. There I saw, a crumpled piece of paper. Without hesitating, I picked it up and began to read.

Gerard,
I know you've 'moved on' as you put it earlier, but I don't see that as a good enough reason for us to stop talking all together. Honestly it hurt earlier when you didn't even attempt to say anything to me. You have to realize that I did what I had to do for myself, because I've never done anything for myself before. Especially not in the spur of the moment like that.

These past eight months have been hell, because I missed you so bad. I was certain that you would move on, because there's no reason for you not to, and it's not like we were together properly or anything. When I say I missed you, I do just mean as a friend. I missed being able to call you and talk about nothing and everything under the sun.

I'm gonna be in the back garden for most of the night tonight, so if you want to just talk like we used to for that short period of time, you know where to find me.
Frank


I looked at the letter again, and felt my heart break at the fact that he'd only missed me as a friend. We were pretty much something more, but no, he hadn't missed that. I didn't really know whether to be upset about that or not. Surly it could make me feel better about being with Matt, and it could help me get over Frank, but inside I did kind of know that I wasn't ready to get over him. I felt that we shouldn't be over, not just yet. But we'd never really started in the first place.

Amongst all this confusion, I'd decided that I may as well go down and see him. It's not like I have anything to lose. I quickly slicked on some eyeliner, and ruffled my hair a little bit, because I'm vain, and I take pride in my appearance.

I jogged down the stairs, and walked through the kitchen where there was a door that lead through to the back-garden.

Right there, I saw him, his face slightly illuminated by the moonlit rays that slid smoothly from the sky, painting his face right in front of me.

He was sat underneath one of the large trees that could be found in the garden. More specifically the one that Mikey managed to fall out of when I was eleven and he was eight. I remember the way the he hit the ground next to me, and his wrist had crunched against the ground like nothing I'd ever heard in my life. Being fully aware of what it was I gagged slightly, before running to get Linda.
I remember sitting in the hospital with him as he got people to sign the cast that he didn't need, but Dad paid extra for, just because Mikey thought it would make him look cooler. I'll give him that, he did get a lot of attention with that thing on. Maybe I should give that a try.

Shaking the fond memories from my head I made my way over to where Frank was sat, smiling slightly down at him. "This seat taken?" I asked cheesily as I pointed at the spot on the grass next to him.

"Reserved," was all he answered, smiling back at me.
"Oh?"

"Yeah, someone by the name of: Way, Gerard Way," he answered, bringing up when we'd first exchanged surnames after the Misfits. Everything seemed so simple then, but I guess it makes sense now why Frank seemed worried when he'd learned my second name. And the fact that he didn't seem to want to talk on the phone for long when I'd called. Actually, now that I thought about it, there were a lot of things that were really beginning to fit into place. It's a shame I hadn't figured it out sooner.

I smiled, and sat next to him, as we plunged deep into a silence. It was pretty much on the border of comfortable and awkward, the only sounds around us were that of night. Crickets singing amongst the grass and cars on a late journey home.

"So," I started, breaking the silence. "What was it you wanted to talk about?"

"I don't mind. Anything,"

"Where are you staying,"

"Anything else," he said, looking away.

"Frank, I really need to know,"

"Why do you care?"

"Because I've been scared shitless for the past eight months," I reasoned. I think that's a pretty good reason, don't you?

"Listen, I'm still not completely settled on my own two feet right now,"

"Why does that mean you can't tell me?"

"You'll offer to help or something. Or you'll tell mum,"

"I promise I won't,"

"Promises don't mean shit,"

"Mine do,"

He looked at me and snorted, before looking down at the grass as it ran through his fingers as he stroked it slightly. I was pretty put off by his blatant insult, but didn't bring it up. I wasn't really in the mood for an argument. My phone rang into the darkness, interrupting the silence, and I apologized to Frank before pulling it out of my pocket and seeing that the caller ID said 'Matt'.

I smiled slightly, and flipped my phone open. "Hey you," I smiled into the phone, glancing at Frank who was looking back at me with interest and curiosity. I just smiled at him as Matt replied.

"Heya, I was just calling to see if you wanted to go out tomorrow,"

"But we were just out tonight,"

"I know, but I've just come into a small sum of money, and I wanted to treat you,"

"But you already treated me tonight, when I was supposed to pay," I chuckled.
Okay, so I admit it, that was a small dig at Frank, but I wasn't making it too obvious, I mean I had offered to pay for Matt, he just got there before me. And the night I'd taken Frankie, he didn't actually have that much money with him, but I'm a selfish prick, you get used to it in time.

"Yeah well, I couldn't resist. So you coming out or what?"

"Yeah, sure, what time?"

"I'll pick you up at eight. Sound good?"

"Oh, so you actually own your own car?"

"Shush you! I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Yeah, bye," I smiled, hanging up my flipping the phone closed with a snap. I could tell that Frank had worked out who it was, because he was now looking at the floor, an almost sad expression on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is rather long I think.

Just because people seem a bit put off.
Frank isn't disappearing from the story!
I just like adding twists to things. We wouldn't want things to get predictable now, would we.

Now my lovelies, I need you all to do me a humongous favor. I have just started a new story. I think I mentioned it in the last chapter, well it's now about 3 chapters in, and it would really mean a lot to me if you could give it a read + comments.
Click here if you love me/want Frank to stay in this story ;]

PS. Don't forget to comment this too.
I know I'm greedy. I'm sorry D: