If I Knew Who You Were

Money Issues

"You know, your charm really works," I smiled at Matt as he pulled back into my drive. He just cocked his head and me and raised his eyebrow, obviously not knowing what I was talking about. "You managed to make me feel a whole lot better," I smiled at him.

"Well, you know, I am quite brilliant," he smirked, putting on an English accent.

"That you are," I grinned, leaning in and placing my lips lightly on his. I wasn't going to give him too much, just the indication that I would very much like to see him again. As soon as possible.

"I'll see you soon?" I asked, hopefully, looking for some confirmation.

"Of course," he smiled, as I climbed out of the car. I waved at him as he drove away before turning to the house and storming up the drive, knowing what I had to do.

I threw the front door open, before stepping in and slamming it behind me. The house almost shook, which is a pretty big deal, but it's got insanely strong foundations. You know, it's a mansion. My father is rich; he can afford that kind of shit.

Linda, who had been standing in the main hallway jumped at the sound, and turned to look at me.

"Where the fuck is he?" I growled, staring over at her. She just looked at me in confusion, before I repeated my question.

"Who?"

"Who do you think?"

"I don't know, there are two people I can think of that you'd want to know about while being in this mood,"

"Well, tell me who you think, and the where-abouts of both of them,"

"Your father is on some business trip like usual, and Mikey is in his room,"

"I'm looking for neither," I growled. "I'm looking for your son,"

"Why would he have put you in this mood?"

"He's a fucking thief, now where is he?"

"A th-thief? Gera-"

"Where IS he?!" I shouted.

This was so weird. I'd never been like this with Linda before. She's like the mother I wasn't blessed enough to have, but here I am, treating her like shit. But that is all because of her lying asshole son.

"He's down in the room," she trembled, seemingly shaken by my outburst. I don't blame her, I was too, but I couldn't stop myself! I stormed away from her, and down into the staff rooms, shoving past anyone in my way, before throwing the door open to the room where Frank was staying with Linda.

He was lying on his bed, one arm bent behind his head, and the other lay out across his stomach as he held onto a remote control. One of his stretched out legs was crossed over the top of the other, as he concentrated on the small TV in front of him. In reality, it wasn't that small, I was just used to the really big plasma ones like the one in my room.

"Gerard?" he questioned, sitting up and pressing the stand-by button on the remote.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I yelled, flailing my arms around.

"Who do I think I am?" he questioned shakily standing up. I could see the defensiveness slowly rising in his eyes. "Who do you think you are?! Storming down here and yelling at me like I'm some child!"

"You are some child asshole. And a thief,"

"Thief?! What the hell gave you that impression?"

"Oh, pretend that you don't know,"

"Who's pretending?" he yelled, flailing his arms. And then, we just stood. Staring at one another from across the room, no more yelling words exchanged for almost five minutes before I stepped forward, and placed my hand on his forearm.

"If you needed money Frankie, I'd happily lend you some,"

Shock is the only word that I can use to describe the look on his face. He pushed my hand from his arm and stepped back, taking another look at me, almost as if to check I was serious before saying, "Who said I needed money?"

"Matt,"

"Matt?"

"Yeah, you know my-"

"Yeah, I know who Matt is Gerard, but what I can't work out is why he'd tell you that I need money,"

"Frank, stop lying to me! It’s nothing to be ashamed of!"

"I'm not lying! I swear, I have no idea what you're talking about,"

"Earlier I went into my drawer to get some money out of my wallet and there was none there. I got into the car with Matt and told him that I didn't have any money and he told me that he saw you go into my drawer while I was on the phone to Lilly yesterday and took all of the money out of my wallet. Then he said that you threatened him,"

"And you believe that?"

"Well yeah--"

"Firstly, I'm sure you would have seen someone else come into your room Gerard, no matter what Matt says. Also, can you actually picture me, little pansy Frank ever threatening anyone. Especially Matt who's like, three times the height of me!" He flailed his arms once more for the emphasis of the ‘three times bigger’.

"No bu--"

"Maybe you need to start thinking about who you should really trust. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like you to leave so I can get some sleep,"

He had a point, but something didn’t make sense to me. I was almost certain that there was something that he wasn’t telling me. I understood those vibes from him now.

“No, I want to know what’s going on first,”

“There’s nothing to know!”

“There’s a tonne to know, Frank! Like, where have you been staying for example?”

“Why do you care so much?!”

“Because you disappear off the face of the earth for the longest time, and then you re-appear to not tell us anything. Why did you even come back?”

“I can’t tell you,”

“What is there that you can tell me?” I asked desperation in my voice.

His eyes connected with mine, and I could see so many secrets, hidden behind that beautiful exterior. He was so unknown to me. A face in a sea of people that I saw every day, but never ever got to know for real. I wanted to know. I needed to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mini deds to Crystal-Meth for being my 300th commenter.
300!!!!!!! That's mad. I didn't think it'd ever be possible!

Also my lovelies, I hope you've all gone out to get 'Take off your colours' but You Me At Six.
What do you mean you don't have it? Go out and get it. Right now!
It's fantastic. They're an amazing band.