If I Knew Who You Were

Dreaming?

A silence fell over us as I stared at Frank, but he kept his eyes intently fixed on the floor. He let out a deep sigh and looked back up at me, but avoided my eyes completely.

“I came back...because I had to warn you about something, but it got here before I did, so it’s too late anyway,”

“What?” I asked, completely stunned.

“I can’t go into much more detail, you wouldn’t believe me anyway,” He said, giving a bitter chuckle as he did.

“Frank, that doesn’t make sense,”

“It does. You asked why I came back, and that’s the reason. There’s just no point into going into any more detail,”

“What were you going to warn me about?”

“Nothing!” He snapped, desperately putting his face into his hands and turning his back to me letting out a long sigh. “I’m going to be leaving soon anyway, now please, let me sleep,”

I sighed, and turned to leave the room hearing a rustling noise as I watched him climb under the bed covers and turning over to face the wall.

I watched the lump under to covers rise and fall for a while, before deciding that fuck it; he’s leaving soon anyway, and made my way over to the bed, climbing in with him, wrapping my arms around his waist from behind.

“I just worry about you,” I said in a quiet voice, my voice slightly muffled by the fabric of his shirt over his shoulder.

He curled himself back into my arms a little before letting out a somewhat contented sigh. “You shouldn’t,”

“I know,” I answered truthfully, because I did know that I shouldn't care or worry about him half as much as I did.

A silence over-came us, and I let my thoughts drift. Drift to Matt, and how amazing I thought he was. Drift to Frank and how perfect he was in every way, and the way that our bodies melted together perfectly. It was almost as though we were shaped to be together.

I listened to the sounds that went on in the house as Franks breathing evened out, and he curled back into me even more, obviously unaware that he was doing it, but moving towards warmth and comfort regardless.

It was tonight that I decided that this was the way I always wanted to fall asleep.

* * *

“It doesn’t work like that,” I heard a recognisable voice say as I slowly came around from my dream land; not yet ready to open my eyes and greet the day. “Did you listen to nothing that we said to you?”

“Obviously not,” I heard another just as recognisable voice answer.

“You had no right to come back here,”

“You have no right to be here in the first place,”

“Are you that stupid?! We explained to you why I’m here. You’re not supposed to be!”

“Well maybe I just don’t get it,”

“Get what?”

“Why you have to be doing this!”

“What’s not to understand? You have no idea how much money I’ve already forked off of this thick headed little shit, soon enough, we’ll be well on our way to where we need to be. You can go and get some little apartment somewhere and prove yourself to your precious mummy and your stupid little boyfriend while I spend the rest on anything I want,”

“He’s not my boyfriend,”

“You want him to be,”

“Shut up,”

“You hate how attached to me he is,”

“Shut up!”

“He’s wrapped around my little finger, and soon enough, he’ll be practically handing the money to me as we fuck the night away, while you can only wish-”

“Matt! Shut the fuck up!” was the last thing I heard as I drifted into unconsciousness once more.

* * *

“Gerard, wake up,” I heard a female voice say as I felt my shoulder shaking. Opening my eyes I looked up and saw Lilly looking down at me, a small smirk lining her features. “Someone got lucky last night,” she chuckled.

“No, I didn’t!” I laughed back, hitting her with Franks pillow before looking around and realising I was alone in the room. “Where’s-”

“Frank? He’s gone out for a bit. Didn’t tell me where. I just met him as I was walking up the drive; he told me where you were. Which leads me to the question, why were you down here?”

“Frank and I just got talking last night, and I ended up staying down here,”

“Sure,” she giggled, a knowing smirk on her face.

“No, that really is what happened. Then I had a really weird dream,”

“What happened?”

“I don’t know, I couldn’t see anything, I could just hear two voices talking about something that I didn’t really understand. I think Matt was there because someone said his name. I can’t even remember what was said,”

“...That sounds...Yeah that sounds vaguely bizarre! Anyway, get up, we’re going out!” she answered cheerily, obviously not caring about my confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh SNAP!
:tehe: Sorry, I've always wanted to say that...and this seemed like the perfect time :D

Soo....I have an ANNOUNCMENT TO MAKE!:
'If I Knew Who You Were' my first story on Mibba that I didn't give up on...is coming to an end. Yep. Judging by how quickly I update, it shouldn't take that long to finish up. I'm weirdly excited about it, because I've never finished one before, and I really want to see how you react to what is up my sleeve. *sly smile*

EDIT: There'll be a sequel if anyones interested, but it's not going to be like...100% linked to this story, it'll be different, and not as confusing and mystery-ish :P

Comments would make me super happy :D