If I Knew Who You Were

Phone calls

"...And she was so hot and she said that we should meet up some time and my god! Did I mention that she was hot!..."

This was bugging me. I had met maybe one of the hottest guys on the planet - but Mikey wouldn't stop rambling about some chick that he met long enough to let me ramble about Frank.
We pulled up into the drive of our house and Mikey was still going on about her so I just ignored him and made my way into the house. I added the number from my arm into my phone, before staring at the screen for ages. This was weird. Normally I was so confident with things like this - never before had I met someone where I thought that there could be a possibility of rejection, but this guy just seemed so perfect. To good to be true, and all that jazz.

Shakily, I pressed the call button. Wait...Would it sound desperate if I called him the night he gave me the number?!

Too late!!
"Hello" A female voice answered. A female voice that I knew recognized, I just couldn't place.

"Hi...I-Is Frank there?"

"No, he's not home and he left his phone here when he went out...I'll tell him you called, whats your name?"

"Gerard Way"

I heard her gasp down the phone. "J-just out of curiosity...where did you meet him?"

"...Why?"

"Just...overprotective of my son...is all" She said, chuckling slightly.

"I met him tonight at the gig..."

I heard a door slam down the phone...at almost exactly the same time I heard one slam downstairs..."Muuuum, I'm back" I heard a voice in the background say. "Who're you on the phone too?"

"Gerard.Way" She said, through what appeared to be clenched teeth. I heard a series of hushed whispers before I heard Franks angelic voice float through the earpiece of the phone.

"Hey...Gerard"

"Hey...Is...Is this a bad time?"

"Any time's a bad time" I heard the same female voice hiss in the background.

"Fuck off" I heard Frank say, but it sounded muffled so he'd obviously put his hand over the mouth piece. "Uh..Yeah, it kind of is...but I have your number now - so I...I guess I'll call you sometime."

"Wait - where do you live?"

He hesitated. "Igottagobye" is all I heard before hearing the dull dial tone through the earpiece - indicating that he had in fact gone.