If I Knew Who You Were

Miracle

*2 weeks later*

"Two weeks Lilly. Two actual weeks!" I said as I lay my head on her lap on the sofa.

"Don't worry about it, babe. Maybe he's just busy?" She replied mindlessly as she played with my hair. This isn't the first time that this had happened, so I think that she'd just gone onto auto-pilot.

"Damn straight he's busy. Busy not calling me." I moaned.

"I'm sure he'll call sooner or or later, sweet pea, just give 'im time." She glanced at her watch. "I'd better get going. I'll see you later" I hugged her goodbye at the door, and watched her leave down the drive.

I walked into the kitchen to get a drink, and saw Linda sitting at the breakfast bar, with her head in her hands. "Whats up?" I said as I sat next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm such a fu..-screw up"

"No you're not"

She looked up at me and snorted. "You have no idea, m'boy. No idea at all"

"Well...explain it to me"

"I'd love to...but I really can't. How about you, hm? You looked pretty down earlier" She said, obviously changing the subject - but if this gave me an opportunity to talk about the beautiful Frank - I couldn't care less!

"Well...I met this guy at that gig I went to, and he's so fucking hot.." I saw her smirk slightly. "..but not in an ohmygod-I-just-really-want-to-fuck-you kind of way...More in a...I-could-picture-waking-up-with- you-in-my-arms kind of way..." I blushed, realized how corny that sounded. "I...He was just so...I don't know - I can't explain it...but then on the phone when I called him..He sounded like he didn't want to know me...He said he'd call back but he hasn't" I said, realizing how pathetic I sounded. "I mean...sure there's plenty more fish in the sea - but I wanted this one."

"Well. Give it sometime..." she said, looking down at the table as if she regretted something.

"Maybe...this is a life experience" I said hesitantly.

"Hm?" Linda replied, obviously confused.

"Well...I've never been rejected before - because guys like me for Dads money...so maybe this is teaching me to learn to get rejected"

"This may also show that he'd been the perfect guy for you"

"Hm?" Now it was my turn to be confused.

"Well. The fact he rejected you...means that he wouldn't have wanted you for your dads money..."

"Fuck. You're right..." I groaned as realization hit me square between the eyes "I need a fucking miracle"

She patted my back slightly before standing and making her way down to the stairs that lead to her room.