If I Knew Who You Were

Competition

"Lindaaaa!" I shrieked as I ran down the stairs. "He called me. He called me!!" I yelled.

"Who?" she said stopping abruptly at the bottom of the stairs.

"Remember that guy I was telling you about yesterday. Well he called and he's meeting me tonight"

"Meeting you?!" she said, her voice sounding shocked and slightly angry.

"Yeah" I began, not really taking notice in her tone of voice. "I'm gonna take him somewhere real ni-.."

"Yeah okay, have fun" she said as she cut me off and walked away quickly towards her room, mumbling something about someone being 'an utter idiot'.

I shrugged and walked up to my room to get ready. In the shower, I honestly could not stop smiling and I really felt like I was over-reacting like some love-struck teenager. Well. I was. Apart from the fact that I wasn't a teenager, I was in-fact 20 years of age. Frank was a teenager. Was he feeling the same way as me right now?

After getting out of the shower I made my way into my room where I needed to pick out an outfit that didn't look like I was trying too hard to [strike]get his attention[/strike] keep his attention on me. That boy is stunning and I'm sure there'll be a lot of guys out there willing to get their claws into him and steal him from me. Then again, he said he's bi. So that's double competition.

I began to get myself all worked up with worry. This was so weird. I'd never felt like this before. I've never thought about how crushed I'd feel if I lost someone, and normally I got over it quite quickly, but I'd barley met Frank and I already felt a HUGE connection and I didn't want to risk losing him. Even though...as of yet he wasn't really mine to lose.

This was such a confusing situation.

I looked at myself in the mirror as I slicked on as much eyeliner as possible. It made my eyes look brighter, well that whats Lilly said. So hopefully it will succeed in keeping his attention on me.

Over-all, I was happy with my appearance, but I'm a genuinely big-headed person with heaps of confidence - so I pretty much always looked good. Did I mention that I was modest?
I smiled and my reflection, ruffling my hair, before I made my way downstairs. I sat in the living room drumming my fingers on my knee to some random song that was playing on the TV.

My phone started to ring, so I looked at the caller ID, before flipping the top up and answering.

"Hey" I said happily

"Someone's in a good mood all of a sudden" Lilly said into the phone. "I was expecting you to be all pissed off and moody like you were this morning"

"Well. I'm not"

"Any reason"

"Well....ohmygoditsamazing.Frankcalledandhe'scomingov--"

"Slow up, start again" she said, laughing at my over-excited state.

So, I slowed down and started again, explaining to Lilly what was happening in less that half an hour.

"I'm so happy for you. Hey, sometime you're gonna have to introduce him to me"

"No way, he's bi, I can't risk that"

She giggled before bringing up the events of her day. I know it sounds rude but I was paying no attention what so ever to what she was saying and just waiting for that sweet chime of the front door bell. When it finally rang, I rushed off of the phone not even giving Lilly a chance to say goodbye before running to the front door.

I stopped when I got there and composed myself before opening the door and greeting maybe the most beautiful creature I've ever seen in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the total...3 of you who commented on the last time...

Guys, if it's really not that good, tell me.
I won't be offended.
Well. If your really mean then maybe I will be...

xx