Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

Forbidden

Chapter One

My sister and I sat on the ledge of a balcony as the rain drenched us. I gazed around the city streets, looking for the Lycans. Two were wondering the streets, heading for the subway. My gaze shifted over to my sister as she looked up. I followed her eyes over to Rigel. Rigel sat on a ledge across the way, taking pictures of the two Lycans. When he caught your eyes both me and my sister nodded. He nodded back and then jumped down from the ledge. I sat up and jumped down from the tall ledge, my sister following my lead. We landed perfectly on the wet cement and walked towards the subway. Quietly my sister and I slipped down into the subway and waited around one of the pillars. Watching the Lycans carefully. I watched my sister as she caught eyes with a human. He was cute shaggy blonde hair, a worker by the look of him. She pushed me back and we slipped out of sight as he sifted his gaze over to the train for only a moment.

"I saw that, Selene," I whispered into her ear.

Her head turned sharply over to me, "Don't forget why we are here, Selena." I nod and look around her shoulder. She followed and watched as the Lycans stalked down the stairways . Rigel came down the stairs after them, sauntering a little too close. The tall African American Lycan shoved his way through the crowd, almost if he was following someone. Then he stopped. He turned and he gaze fell on Rigel.

"Bloods!" he shouted pulling out two guns and open fired on Rigel.

Rigel spun around one of the pillars, narrowly dodging the bullets. The second Lycan pulled out a hand gun and shot at my sister and I. I ducked down spinning around the pillar with my sister. Rigel pulled out his gun and shot twice, but the Lycan shot him down. Selene and I watched as he started to deteriorate like we would if we walked out into the sun. Selene looked at me and I nodded. We pulled out our handguns and stepped out from behind the pillar, shooting at the light colored Lycan. He dodged each bullet with no coordination at all. The African American Lycan reloaded his gun and started to shot at us. I shifted my guns over to him as Selene continued to shoot at the other Lycan. None of our bullets were successful. Selene pushed me behind at pillar as we quickly reloaded our guns. Nathanael came running down the stairs and started shooting at the African American Lycan.

Selene and I came out from behind the pillar again and saw the other Lycan grabbing a hold of the man my sister had caught eyes with before. Both me and Selene shot once at the Lycan and he flew back onto the ground. We continued to shoot at him as he got up and took off into the train. Selene and I followed him as he opened the other side of doors and fell into the tunnel. I ran into the train first and took off down the aisle, as Selene ran down the subway, grabbing Rigel's camera and then following me down the train. At the end of the train I dove through the window and out into the tunnel. Selene dove behind me and we ran down the tunnel after the rouge Lycan.

We reached a ledge inside the tunnel where the cables hooked up to a electrical box. We climbed up onto the ledge, seeing the blood and two silver bullets laying on the ground. Something moved with in the tunnel. My sister looked at me and then turned and walked slowly back to the tunnel, her gun ready. She peered around the corner and quickly turned back as a train came by, lighting up the alleyway. I gazed at the wall.

"Selene," I said as I saw the blood on the wall, leading around the corner.

She looked over at me as I followed the blood trail around the corner and to a tunnel for the maintenance men to walk through safely. I lifted up the grate and we both dropped down inside, guns at the ready. We stood back to back as we slowly turned. In the shadows I saw him.

"Duck !" I shout to her as I duck down, shooting at the Lycan. Selene turned and held her guns over my shoulder as she shot at him as well. He fell back withering in pain as the silver bullets stuck inside him. I got up and walked over to him and shot down into his body till he stopped moving. Selene bent down and picked up the Lycan's gun. She pulled out the rounds and the glowed bright blue.

"UV light," I whisper.

A roar came from the distance. Selene and I both turned to where we had come from, listening to the sounds as the Lycan came running towards the tunnels. The Lycan jumped down and Selene and I threw four little discs that opened up to have silver blades. We then took off down the tunnels, looking for a way out. We ran out the door and stopped against the wall, listening for the Lycan as he ran around the tunnels, looking for us. Growls erupted from a sewer drain above us. I tilted my head and gazed up at the grate. We listened to the sounds of Lycans. Then the other Lycan came running through the doorway. Selene and I took off running again, trying to get away from the Lycan. We ran out onto the streets and to our car. Once inside I began to relax.

"There had to be a whole pack of Lycans down there," I say as Selene tore of down the road, towards the house.

"Right now I'm more concerned about these UV rounds, Selena. They killed Rigel with these," she said pushing the button to open the gates. She slammed to a stop in front of the house and shut off the car, leaving the keys in the ignition. We both got out and stalked into the house. In the main room sat most of the coven. Sipping on glasses full of blood and smoking. Selene ignored the covens strange stares and stalked off to see Kahn, the Lycans gun in hand.

In the armory room she dropped the gun down on Kahn's desk. "We have a serious problem."

Kahn picked up the gun and ejected the magazine. He gazed at the UV bullets in shock. He called over some of the other vampires and told them to go get Kraven.

"Great," I mutter while we waited for Kraven. Kraven then came sauntering into the armory room with his posy.

"What," he snapped. Kahn showed him the UV rounds. "What is that?"

"I'll have to run a few tests," Kahn replied. "It's definitely an irradiated fluid of some sort."

Selene groaned, "Ultraviolet ammunition."

"Daylight, harnessed as a weapon," Kahn said setting down the bullet and looking at us.

"You expect me to believe that a mangy animal came up with a bullet specifically engineered to kill Vampires?"

"No, I'm betting it's military," Kahn said shaking his head. "Something they stole. Some sort of high-tech tracer round."

"Look," I snap, "I don't care where they got these things. Rigel is dead, and Nathaniel could still be out there. We should gather the Death Dealers and go back down there in force."

"Absolutely not. Not now. Not for a random incursion. The Awakening is a few days off, and this house is in a state of unrest as it is," growled Kraven.

"Random? They opened fire on us in full view of the public," snapped Selene. "And from what we heard in the tunnel--"

"You said you didn't see anything," countered Kraven.

"I know what we heard, and I know what my gut tells me. And I am telling you, there could be dozens of Lycans down there."

"Who knows, maybe more. Hundreds," I agree.

Kraven shook his head, "We've hunted them to the brink of extinction."

Selene and I crossed our arms, turning away from Kraven.

"Kraven's right, Selene, Selena," Kahn said. "There's not been a den of that magnitude for centuries. Not since the days of Lucian."

"We know that, Kahn," said Selene. "But I'd rather you prove me wrong by checking it out."

"Have your men tighten things up," spoke Kraven. Selene and I went to leave. "I'll have Soren assemble a search team." We both stopped and looked at Kraven.

"No, I want to lead the team myself," says Selene.

"Absolutely not! Soren will handle it," Kraven growled. He turned to Kahn, "Hundreds, really?"

"Viktor would believe us," I hiss at Kraven.

Selene and I then stalked off towards where Victor and Marcus slept. Selene and I stood in front of the window and the man behind the window and opened the metal doors, leaving the glass behind it closed. Selene and I walked up to the glass and gazed inside at the big V one the marble floor. Erika walked into the room with us and leaned up against the wall. I gave her a disgusted look. I never liked really liked her. She was jealous of Selene and I because Kraven was infatuated with us and not her.

"It's a waist of time, you know," she said to us.

"What is?" frowned Selene.

"Well, I seriously doubt Viktor would want you two freezing to death in here, staring at his tomb for hours on end."

"No, he'd want the Death Dealers out there, right now, scouring every inch of the city," I growl.

"Kraven," hisses Selene. "I'll never understand why Viktor left him in charge. He's a bureaucrat, not a warrior."

Erika sighed, "Come on, we need to get you two ready."

"For what," Selene said sadly, looking at the tomb.

"The party. Amelia's envoy will be here any minute." Erika then turned and walked back out the door.

"You don't plan on going to the party do you," I say to Selene.

She shakes her head, "No."

I smirk slightly, "Good. I hate parties."

"Come on," she says nodding to the door. "I want to look at the pictures Rigel took."

I nod and followed her out of the room. We quickly walked upstairs to our room. I stripped off my coat and draped it on the couch. Selene walks over to the desk laying her coat on the chair and sitting down. We set our guns on the desk and she pulls out the camera. She takes out the memory card and places it in the USB port of the laptop. I stand next to her watching as she goes through the pictures. Erika walked in through the door, dressed up for the party. I rolled my eyes as she came in with two other dresses in her hands.

"Oh yes," she smiled holding the dresses up in the mirror. "You two should definitely were these. They're perfect."

Selene and I ignored her. Selene zoomed out on a picture and something in the bottom of the photo caught her eyes. She zoomed in on it and sharpened the image. It was the man from the subway. The man that the Lycan that I had killed grabbed.

"They were after you," whispered Selene.

Erika turned, hearing Selene, and joined us at the desk. "He's attractive," she smirked, "for a human."

"Who's attractive?" Kraven asked walking into the room. The three of us looked up at Kraven. I rolled my eyes and returned back to the computer screen. Erika straightened up and walk out of the room. "I planned to have you both at my side this evening."

"Take Erika. She's dying to be at your side," spoke Selene.

"If you ask me, you two take this warrior business far too seriously."

"Well no one asked you now did they, " I snap at him.

His eyes narrowed, "You can't undo the past, no matter how many you kill. And besides what's the point of being immortal if you deny yourself life's simple pleasures in life?"

"Do you see this human?" Selene asked, ignoring what Kraven said.

Kraven scoffs quietly, "What of him?"

"I can't be positive, but I'm beginning to think the Lycans--"

The dogs began to bark outside, "Blast!" growled Kraven. He looked out the window, "Put on something elegant and be quick about it," Kraven snapped walking towards the door.

"Kraven, I'm serious. I think they were following him," Selene snapped back.

Kraven paused and looked back at us, "Other than food, why would Lycans stalk a human?"

Nor Selene or I had an answer. Kraven nodded and turned, walking out the door.

"I really don't like him," I hiss once the door was closed.

"You're not the only one," Selene sighs. "Do you believe the Lycans could possible want this man?"

"It's possible. Lycan's aren't very smart," I shrug slightly. "Who knows what the want him for."

"Well I'm not just gonna sit here, I'm going to find out," she said slipping to the internet and started to research who the man was. I got up and walked over to the window. I leaned up against it as I watched Amelia's envoy get out of their cars and head into the house, dressed rather nicely. Once they were all inside Selene stood up. I turned and looked at her.

"Did you find anything?" I asked.

"Get your coat, we're leaving. I have his apartment number," I nod grabbing my coat off the couch and follow her down the stairs to the garage.

"His name is Michael Crovin. He lives at Apartment 510 Block 3B on Lakotos Joszef 39 ut."

"Michael," I smile as we tore off out into the night, "That's a cute name."

Selene snapped her head to me, "That's quite enough, Selena. I don't need your taunts right now."

I roll my eyes at her, "Come on, Selene, I was only playing."

Selene said nothing more as we tore down the streets of the city towards Lakotos Joszef 39 ut. Once we reached Lakotos Joszef we started to climb the stairs of Block 3B. We quickly reached apartment 510. Selene kicked the door and stood, facing the dark room.

"Was kicking the door in really necessary?" I ask her.

She looked over at me and then back to the room. She stepped through the doorway and into the small apartment. Lightening was the only thing that lit up the room. Selene flipped through the medical book. I walked passed her and inspected the stethoscope. We inspected a few other areas and then Selene opened up the desk drawer and pulled out an envelope of pictures. The first few photos didn't look anything like Michael, pictures from when he was little maybe, since there was a child in them. Then the last picture was of Michael and a woman. I frowned at the photo, was he married? Did he have a girlfriend?

The shrill ringing of the telephone took me away from my thoughts. Both Selene and I spun around and looked at the phone. It rung a few more times. But we also heard the sound of approaching footsteps. Quickly Selene and I slipped into the shadows as Michael walked inside.

"Hi, this is Michael. I'm not in right now. Please leave a message," the answering spoke in Michael voice.

"Hey, Michael, it's Adam," a man said. "The police were just in the hospital looking for you. They were convinced you were involved with a shooting. I told them there's no way you'd be involved in something like that but they're looking for you. Right now."

Selene leaped out of the shadows and held Michael up against the wall by the throat. I stood behind her, eyeing Michael.

"Why are they after you?" demanded Selene.

A howl ripped through the night and the ceiling tile fell as something jumped onto it. Lycans. Four of them. Running around on the roof. I hiss lifting my gun, the same time as Selene, and shot up at the ceiling. She dropped Michael and he took off out into the hallway to the elevator. We ran down the hallway after him to get to the elevator, but it had already closed.

"Shit," I growl slamming my hand against the metal doors.

The Lycans came in through the window and started to climb on the walls, towards Selene and I. We took out two of them but the other two were too quick. Glancing around we both looked at the floor. We nodded to each other and then began to shoot the floor out. Spinning around in circles, missing each others feet, as the floor gave way and we fell to the floor below us. We jumped of the section of floor and ran down the hallway to the stairs. We came back to the hallway with the elevator to see a Lycan, in his human form standing at the open elevator. Selene lifted her gun and shot at him. But I hesitated. Frowning I watched as three bullets penetrated the mans skin. He then fell into the elevator, grabbing a hold of Michael. Selene and I ran down to the elevator. She grabbed Michael leg and pulled him away from the Lycan. The Lycan turned and looked at me as I stood in the doorway. His eyes glowed a bright blue from the blood lust. Blood was all around his mouth and poring down the side of his face from where the bullet went into his head. But even then, he was handsome.

No! I thought in my head. He's a Lycan!

But I stood there, both of us venerable in a daze. He did not move, his eyes looking over me. I heard Selene call out to me. "Selena!" I gave the Lycan one last look and then turned, running back down the hallway after my sister. We charged down the stairs and out into the night. We ran to the car parked in the alleyway and she shoved Michael to the passenger side. I slipped in the back as Selene got into the front and started the car.

"What the fuck is going on," shouted Michael as Selene stepped her foot on the gas and tore off down the alleyway.

I looked behind us and saw the Lycan running down the street after us. "Selene!" I gasp as he jumped up onto the car. A blade pierced through the top of the car, almost hitting Michael. The blade disappeared and then reappeared, closer to Selene. The blade left again and when it came back, it hit Selene in the shoulder. "No!" I shout pulling out my gun. I shoot the top of the roof as Selene slams on the breaks. My shot misses as the Lycan tumbles off the car and onto the ground. Selene puts the car in reverse and begins to back up.

In front of us the Lycan stands up and turns towards us. Once far enough away Selene puts the car in drive again and hit's the Lycan. He tumbles over the hood and wind shield. I turn around and see him land on his feet as we drive away. He had good reflexes, I'd give him that.

"Stop the car." Michael's voice drew me from the back windshield. Selene said nothing. Michael leaned closer to her, "Stop the car!"

Selene pushed him back and drew her gun, "Back off!" she snapped holding the gun in his face.

"Okay," Michael panted. "Okay. All right." Selene put her gun back down. "But you've lost a lot of blood. If you don't stop the car, you'll get us all killed. I'm not screwing around!"

"Neither am I!" Selene shot back. "Now shut up and hold on. I'll be fine."

I looked at her anxiously. She had lost a lot of blood. And not a minute later, she passed out.

"Shit!" Michael gasped grabbing a hold of the steering wheel, trying to get the car in control.

"Selene!" I yell shaking her, "Selene wake up!"

The car spun and hit the barricade, sending us spinning in the air. I screeched as we hit the roof and then seats again, before landing in the water. My head cracked against the window but I didn't lose consciousness. Not yet. The car began to slowly fill with water as Michael got a firm hold on Selene's unconscious body. He pulled out the gun and then looked at me.

"Can you swim?" I nod pulling out my gun as well. "Good. On three," he said holding the gun up to the window. "One," I held my gun up to the back window. "Two. Three!" we both shot and the car quickly filled with water. It was tough but I was able to pull myself out and then help Michael with Selene. We both broke threw the water and gasped for air. I followed Michael as he began to swim towards the docks. I helped him pull Selene up onto the sand, under the wooden boards of the dock. Michael then preceded to do CPR on my sister. She spit out some water and woke up for a split second before falling back into unconsciousness.

"Is she okay?" I asked as Michael moved the shoulder of her coat to look at the wound the Lycan had made.

Michael pulled off his coat, "Yeah. She'll be fine." Michael ripped part of his shirt off and then tied the small piece around my sisters shoulder to help stop the bleeding.

My eyes grew heavy from what had just happened. I too then joined my sister in the sand, unconscious.