We Got Older But We're Still Young

I just end up doing it again.

“Leda, what’s wrong?” I uttered with my voice full of worry. She shook her head slightly, moving forward to pull me into a hug.
“I guess I just really missed you.” She mumbled. I squeezed Leda into our hug knowing that she meant a lot more than that.
“Me too” I whispered.
Leda pulled away from my embrace to wipe a few fallen tears. Seeing my sister before me felt different than it usually did, this time it felt as though we were closer to getting to the relationship we wanted to have.
“Now” She started with a bright smile to match the one on my face. “I feel an introduction is in order.” I could almost hear the smirk in her voice. Here we go.

I pulled Leda by her hand over to where Jaime and Delilah were situated on the floor. Jaime stood up to move beside me with his stupid grin on his face. I internally kicked myself for almost smiling at it.

“Leda this is Jaime, Jaime this is my sister Leda.”
Jaime stuck out his hand, politely shaking it. Suck up. Leda moved her glance from him to me, giving me a look that caused my pale skin to turn a dark shade of red.
“…and this is his sister Delilah, she attends the children’s ward where I work.” I stated quickly motioning over to Delilah who waved happily from the floor.
“Wanna see a card trick?” She piped up excited that there was someone new who hadn’t seen any of her tricks. Leda nodded enthusiastically sitting down on the floor beside her.
“This is going to take a while.” Jaime mumbled amused under his breath.

“Feeling okay?” he asked me quietly as my eyes were glued to two of the most important people in my life on the floor together.
“Better than okay.” I beamed at him, and I really was.

---

“She’ll be alright with Leda right?” Jaime asked apprehensively as we waited in our booth for our coffees to be made. He had been kind of nervous leaving Delilah with Leda while we went to get some drinks. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Leda, it was more that he was scared something would happen and neither one of us would be there.
“Jaime, she’ll be fine. We’ll be back in ten minutes, quit worrying.” I chuckled.
“Okay, just don’t let me forget Delilah’s juice because I really don’t plan of getting brutally attacked.” He joked with a grin on his face. I turned sideways slightly to face him as he did the same.
“You have dimples.” I thought aloud as my eyes traced the crevices on his cheeks. I didn’t realise how weird it sounded until the words had already left my lips. Jaime raised an eyebrow questionably and nodded his head.
“You have ginger hair.” He replied in an obvious tone. A smile played on my lips as I narrowed my eyes.
“You have a stupid smirk.”
His grin grew mischievously.
“You have an unnatural amount of freckles”
“You’re obnoxiously loud.”
We both became silent as we smiled slyly at one another.
I opened my mouth to speak after a few quiet seconds. “Ahh, I think I win.”
Jaime nodded before moving closer to me.
“You’re the epitome of pure perfection” He whispered gently before moving his hand up to my cheek. My breath became hitched in my throat as the distance between our lips kept becoming smaller and smaller until they finally connected.
A few months ago I would have never have even considered the lips that held that smirk I hated for so long to be so soft. My hands gripped onto the chest of Jaime’s shirt, pulling him closer while I felt him smile into the kiss. It was weird but in that moment I could have sworn that I was born for this moment and that my purpose in life was to kiss Jaime because nothing had ever felt so right. But just as suddenly as it had started it stopped when a high pitched voice sounded.
“Sorry but your coffees are ready.” A young girl spoke awkwardly handing the drinks to a clearly annoyed Jaime.
He turned his head to me sporting an apologetic smile and lucky for me there was no mirrors around because I was starting to feel the heat from my cheeks.

---

I joined Leda and Delilah on the floor as I handed Leda her coffee. I tried to keep my expression as far as possible from the obvious but Leda still hit me with a suspicious glare.
“Did you get my juice Jaime?” Delilah asked. I looked wide eyed at Jaime realising that while we got carried away we forgot her juice.
“Uhh, just a sec!” he called walking out the front door causing me to snicker.

Delilah stood up from her position as started wandering away.
“Hey, where do you think you’re going missy?” I questioned. She pointed towards the toilet as she continued to walk towards the door.
“Be careful, these toilets are far from sanitary!” I joked.

“So…” Leda started moving closer to me. “Who kissed who?” she asked. My green eyes grew close to the size of the moon as my face sported a surprised expression.
“Okay, so you guys did kiss then!” She exclaimed proud of herself for outsmarting me. Shouldn’t have fallen for that. She lifted her arm, elbowing me slightly.
“Do you like him?” She asked with a little more seriousness than before.
I looked at her hoping I would have an answer.
“I don’t know, I should know… but I don’t.” I spoke honestly. Leda chucked an arm around me, hugging me from the side.
“Well it's obvious he’s made up his mind, its only fair if you do the same.”
I nodded silently as Jaime pushed open the door holding multiple bottles of Juice. He waltzed over proudly placing them all down.
“The hall’s vending machine is now all out of juice.”
He beamed at me as I gave a small smile back. I could feel Leda’s ‘all knowing’ smirk radiating beside me. Luckily for me the smirk stopped when her phone started ringing.

“Hello?” Her voice practically sung. It was nice hearing happiness in her voice again I really missed it. I looked over at her smile but oddly enough it was soon replace by a blank expression. Her eyebrows knotted together as she pulled the phone away from her ear. She looked at her phone screen for a few seconds before sliding it back in her pocket.

“What’s wrong? Who was it?” I asked concerned. Leda looked up at me before grinning and shrugging her shoulders.
“Wrong number.”
I nodded slightly before turning my glance away.

If it wasn’t for the reflection in the window, I wouldn’t have seen the way her smile dropped as soon as I looked away.

Something didn’t feel right, and there was part of me that was itching to ask but there was also another part of me that was happy right now and knew that prying would change that.

Everyone almost jumped out of their skins when Delilah entered the room exclaiming in her loudest voice possible.

“LOOK AT ALL THE JUICE.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!
part of my New years resolutions was to ensure that I actually finish this story and I really am trying!

They finally kissed ;) Hope you guys are still enjoying this.

Seriously though, I love you guys, Every single person reading, subscribing, recommending and especially commenting. Every single one of you commenting seriously make this so much easier and give me so much motivation.
So as promised shout outs from last chapter and the the before that. If there was more than one comment from you, there's a number beside your name. ashianti, gemers. (x2), kayla1193, saveredheads, colorfultears (x2), Amberd123, missusandroid (x3), krisigetlow (x2), AlisonTimeLow, arianas17, on your side; (x2), Thejourneysofjamie (x2), Steffi3991, TheRockshowChick, JPARADOWSKI16, Austin Carlile; and brightereyes.

Jesus, this is getting long. Okay well hopefully I'll have another chapter soon! :)