We Got Older But We're Still Young

In a box full of things you couldn't completely part with

JAIME’S POV

Satan Herself:
‘This is getting old, Jaime’

Don’t reply to her… this is just what she wants

Satan Herself:
‘Leaving a note on your bed doesn’t get you out of school’

just ignore her.

Satan Herself:
‘Just tell me where you are and who you’re with’

stop stop stop stop

Satan Herself:
‘I just want to know that my baby is okay’

I wanted to reply to this one the most, because sure she worries about me. I’m her son, but what Delilah? Does she even give a shit if she is still alive? It takes almost everything for me not to text something like ‘check the hospital then’ to her. I would love to see the look on her face after seeing that. But I cant. I’m ignoring her however persistent she is.

“Who’re you texting?” Freddi’s voice asked as I slipped my phone into my pocket. “Secret girlfriend?”

“No, just my wonderful mother and its her doing all the texting”

Freddi half smiled at me. “Still doing the avoiding?”

“She’s used to it” I grinned taking her hand as we walked back to the hotel room.

We were only a few doors away from ours when we both heard Leda’s voice calling out for us. There was something urgent about her tone that made my stomach turn.
A jolt went through both of us as we jogged to the door pushing it open with force that was probably a little unnecessary. I ran to the bathroom praying to god that I wouldn’t see what I was imagining was in that room.

Delilah was hunched over the toilet with Leda behind her rubbing her back.

“She won’t stop.” Leda breathed with her eyes wide.

I didn’t know what to do. I knew Delilah was sick and I knew it was bad but I had only really ever seen her on her good days. I wasn’t a doctor, I didn’t know how to deal with this.
Freddi pushed past me with a cup of water and urged her to drink it. She turned to me with a calm look on her face.

“She isn’t normally this bad.” She mumbled quickly pulling her hair back into a pony tail.
Freddi started firing questions at me which I answered systematically.

“Has she been drinking water today?” yes
“What has she consumed?” Juice, water and toast
“Has she had an excess amount of anything?” Not that I know of
“Strenuous activity?” don’t think so
“Anything to make her anxious?’ I would hope not


I watched her as she froze in thought.

“Okay, go into my bad and grab the anti-nausea tablets.” She spoke to Leda before turning her attention to me.

“I’m pretty sure she’s okay, but I’d rather have a professional make that call. Can you get a bucket and carry Ly-ly to the car?”

I felt a little better as I looked under the sink for a bucket yet something in Fred’s face worried me... but only slightly.

---

Leda drove while both Freddi and I sat in the back with a vomiting Delilah between us. She had started vomiting less, not that there was anything left for her to bring back up. I glanced over at Freddi who was looking out the window with a frown on her face as if she was trying to figure something out.

The car came to a halt outside of the emergency room. Both Freddi and I jumped out leading Delilah to the front desk.
I ran my hand over her forehead, brushing the hair out of her face.
“It’s going to be okay Ly-ly, don’t worry bud” I whispered as she nodded.

I stood with her while Freddi spoke to the woman behind the desk. There were other kids in the waiting room, sitting around with minor issues like a broken arm or a bad cold and I couldn’t help but feel envious on Delilah’s behalf. Sure a broken arm hurts but that boy is going to live probably until he is in his 80’s. Delilah will be lucky to make it to her teenage years.

“Jaime.”
I looked over to Freddi who was motioning us to follow the lady who was headed towards the big double white doors.

“Why do they get to go in straight away?” A lady beside me complained to the nurse. Her son was at her side clutching his arm in pain.

“We base it on the urgency of the issue mam.” The nurse replied before taking Delilah away from me to lead her through the doors.

“My son won’t stop crying because of his arm, how much more urgent does it need to be?!” She almost yelled.

Freddi coolly turned around to face the lady.
“I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have terminal disease so unless you would like to sit down with me and compare both of their life expectancies I would appreciate if you’d shut up and sit down.” She spoke steadily and calm.

The lady nodded slightly before taking her sons good arm and took him towards the row of chairs.

I linked my fingers with hers pulling her through the doors behind the nurse and Delilah.

“If I wasn’t completely freaking out right now I’d tell you how hot that was.” I admitted to her and she smiled for a second.

“Fred, you kinda know about this stuff and you’re not making it seem like everything’s fine. You look just as worried as me which is an extremely high level.” I sped quietly. “What’s going on?”

Freddi looked up at me before sighing.
“Okay so obviously I’m not certain so don’t freak out, but from what I can remember it’s either something small like, I don’t know, too much of a certain substance making her unbalanced and sick or it could be something big like an infection or a… a tumour.” She said trailing off. “But I’m probably wrong. I mean I’m not a doctor, just a stupid kid.”

She’s not a stupid kid. But I hope she’s wrong.

---

“Stop tapping your feet, you’re driving me crazy.” Freddi snapped from the seat beside Delilah’s temporary bed.
I didn’t blame Freddi for snapping at me , she was getting just as impatient for the doctor to come back as me.

“Sorry, I cant stand this. I’m going to go get us some water or something.” I stated leaving the room.

I hated hospitals. I’m so sick of the fluorescent lights, the continuous beeping noises and the never ending flow of death. I would never allow myself to die here. I don’t care where I was, just not here.

I was about to round the corner of the hallway where I recalled seeing seats and a water cooler when I heard Leda’s voice.

“…I don’t care…That’s not fair… No… She’s my little sister… You’re a sick fuck, you know that?... Just leave me alone…”

I stepped forward to find her on her phone, when she saw me she hung up and smiled slightly.

“How’s Delilah?” She asked awkwardly.

“Who was that?” I rose an eyebrow suspiciously to which I got a quick 'no one' in reply.

"Leda, who were you talking to?"

“It doesn’t matter.” She stated sharply. “Shouldn’t you be more concerned about Delilah right now?”

I narrowed my eyes and opened my mouth to reply but I couldn’t. I took a deep breath before filling up two Styrofoam cups up with water and heading back to see Delilah.

I had to keep repeating the same thing in my head to calm down. She’s here for Fred, she’s not your problem.
But if her issues affect Freddi then maybe she is my problem.

END JAIME'S POVE
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I kept my promise! one week and here I am :')

Okay so what do you think is going on?
I really would love to hear what you think about Leda. Do you like her or hate her? do you trust her?

ALSO IS ANYONE ELSE SO EXCITED ABOUT FALL OUT BOY ENDING THEIR HIATUS?!?!?!?! AHHHHH

Thank you to everyone reading, subscribing and recommending this story.

Thank you to the amazing people leaving me comments. TheRockshowChick, on your side;, gemers., naturalbornsynner and Austin Carlile; I love seeing what you guys think!

Okay so I'll have a chapter up this time next week or maybe earlier. :)