We Got Older But We're Still Young

I've been missing the way I was too much

“Your poems on each other are to be presented on Thursday, you don’t have much longer to do them, so get cracking.” Mr Corker said as he paced back and forth at the front of the room.

I quickly looked down at my phone as it vibrated on the desk.

From Leda:
Hye Fredddii, Im gonig to be laet homw tonigjt. <333333


I sighed, disappointed. I knew her being sober wouldn’t last. I knew she was going to let me down… once again.

Jaime swivelled around in his chair to face me as I drew circles on the cover of my exercise book.

“Have you finished writing the poem confessing your deep and longing love for me?” he said, raising and eyebrow suggestively.

Shaking my head at his remark I opened my book. “I’m half way there, soon everyone will know how much you suck.”

Jaime let out a loud chuckle followed by an ‘attitude’ mumbled under his breath.

I watched as the smile on his face quickly faded into a serious look.
“Okay, so I know I’ve already asked too much of you…” He started to which I nodded my head at, agreeing.
‘’But I’m going to need another favour.”

Another? He already wants me to break Delilah out of the hospital, what else is he going to want? I watched his expression of pure determination. It kind of hurt how much he loves his sister. All I have ever wanted was to have someone care about me like that, so much that they are willing to go to the ends of the earth just to make me happy…. The way Jaime feels about Delilah.

“What is it Jaime?” I asked sighing

“I’m going to need for you to break another rule.”

I watched him as I waited for him to explain.

An awkward look was planted on his face that just screamed at me telling me this was bad.

“This is going to sound crazy, but I want to take Delilah tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow as in Tuesday? As in I have to miss out on a school day?” I asked slightly annoyed.

“Yes, but I was kind of thinking that maybe you would miss a few more…” Jaime said cautiously.

I rolled my eyes “How much more?”

“A couple weeks…” Jaime started as I laughed sarcastically. “Just please, come away with Delilah and I for a few weeks. You’re the only other person that knows her like I do. Please Freddi.”

“I cant do that Jaime.” I admitted picking up my books as the bell rang.

Jaime stood up and blocked me from moving anywhere.

“Fred, please.”
His eyes were starting to water slightly.

I stood in front of him as he looked down at me with desperation printed on his face. I couldn’t shake the feeling of jealousy. Leda would never go to this extent for me, hell she wouldn’t do shit. The only thing she has ever done for me since our parents died, was making me feel alone. She probably wouldn’t even notice that I had gone for two weeks.

My blood boiled as I looked back up at Jaime.
“Fine.” I stated pushing my way past him.

I walked out of the class as fast as I could. I heard Jaime yell a ‘thankyou so much’ as I sped down the hallway. I had never let this get to me before but just seeing someone else having a loving family relationship with someone cut deep. I could feel tears swelling in the brim of my eyes

I stopped abruptly next to Sara at her locker.
“Sara I need to talk to you, can we go out after school.” I asked practically begging.

She turned around with her make all smudged, she had been crying.
Instantly, I knew that it wasn’t my time to be upset, I had to be the comforting best friend.

“What’s wrong?” I asked quickly forcing my tears to disappear.

Sara grabbed my hand and took us to the bus stop where we caught the soonest bus.

We sat in complete silence and every time I tried to question her she would shake it off. I knew she wanted to wait until we got to our spot.

---

I stopped walking when we had finally reached the town lookout. Our town has this spot about 20 minutes from the town centre, it was the highest part in town and it overlooked everything. Sara and I had always come here when something was upsetting us. No one else could see us and no one else could hear us.

Sara walked to the edge of the lookout sitting with her legs over the edge of the hill. I collapsed next to her as she whimpered slightly trying to hold in her tears.
I felt bad for thinking it, but all I wanted was to be able to tell her how lonely and sad I was feeling right now, but I had to listen to her issues.

I put my arm over her, supportingly.
“What’s up, Sara?”

She turned her sad face to look at me.
“Chris cancelled our anniversary date that I had planned for months! He can’t go because he has to go an visit his dad. I bet he doesn't even love me any more!”
I sat in complete shock as I watched her get emotional. How did I not expect this?
Don’t get me wrong. I love Sara and I have always loved Sara but ever since Chris and her started dating she turned into to this emotional person who always complained about small intricate details about him. Most times I just brushed it off but it started to hurt, knowing that I had never had what she has and that I have no idea what that feels like, yet she complains about it and rubs it in my face.
The thing that hurt the most was that I had never had the courage to open up about my problems so easily yet she never seemed to have an issue.
I was so jealous.

I sat with Sara until she had cried herself out and gotten rid of all of the anger she had.

She turned towards me with a smile.
“Thanks Freddi, Now what did you want to talk about?” She asked cleaning the running mascara from her face.

I smiled shaking my head.
“Oh, Nothing.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm trying my best to update more often, i swear!

Have you ever had friends like Sara? Ugh completely drains me, people having everything you wish you did yet they still complain about it.

Thankyou so much to all my readers and subscribers! you're all insanely amazing!!

Thank you to Thejourneysofjamie and Amberd123 for your comments on the last chapter! You guys are awesome!

ALSO I HAVE A NEW STORY. I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU CHECKED IT OUT! ITS CALLED ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE IN ME.

<3 I'll update soon!