Maybe We're Just Having Too Much Fun?

Capítulo Veinticinco

Few months later
CAROLINA

The ray from the sunlight woke me up slowly as I started to open my eyes and cover them with my hand. I stretched and let out a loud yawn then scratched an itch that was on my head. I looked at my night stand to see the time but something was blocking it from my view. About a dozen red roses and baby’s breath were inside a crystal clear vase with a red ribbon around the neck. A smile escaped my lips as I continued glancing at it. I rubbed my eyes to make sure it was really there, and it was. What a wonderful thing to wake up to.

I sat up and stretched one more time while hearing my bones crack in all the right places. It was a refreshing feeling. I place my feet on the floor and looked at the vase full of roses one more time. There was a small card visible in the middle that read my name. I picked it up and read the rest of it.

Carolina,
Happy Valentine’s Day.
I love you and won't ever stop loving you. Hope you know that.
Yours truly, Tone.”

I smiled again, how sweet of him.

I got up and yawned own last time and I made my way to the nursery to check up on my baby girl. The words ‘Princess Leia’, in custom fabric, was hanging on top of her crib. The letters were in pink with a brown thin colored yarn stitched on it. Her crib was white and pink with a white gauzy canopy hanging from the wall to her crib, just underneath her name. I stepped closer to her and saw that she was still sound asleep, so I covered her lower body with her pink stormtrooper blanket that Tony bought her.

I felt something burning up my throat so quickly ran to the restroom, pulled the toilet seat up, and threw up and after gagging a bit. I stayed there for a good minute as I started to feel more of it coming out. There was only one that appeared in my mind.

After wiping my mouth I grabbed my phone from my room and checked the calendar. I haven't gotten my period in a long time and I just barley realized this right now. I started to panic and my breathing started to pick up just thinking about being pregnant again. I never believed staying off the pill could make me pregnant again. I'm such a fucking idiot!

Curiosity does kill the cat. A fucking pregnant cat.

I brushed my teeth thoroughly and gargle some Listerine until the nasty taste was finally gone. I patted my mouth dry and walked to the crib and saw Leia giggling as she saw my face. She’s wide awake now. I smiled at her as I picked her up and carried her to the bed to change her dirty diaper. I was rushing myself so I can go to the store and pick up a pregnancy test. I was praying to God that I wasn't. I'm not even with Tony but I still didn't want to go through that horrible experience again. Becoming fragile and vulnerable is not my cup of tea.

I finished changing Leia’s diaper so I carried her to the living room where Feena was laying down on the couch watching her morning novela on Telemundo.

"Buenos dias Comadre." She smirked at me and I let out a small laugh and sat down on the couch after getting Leia's bottle from the fridge.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked my best friend and she sat up straight to look at me.

"Tony's moving in?" Her eyebrows furrowed up and I quickly shook my head and made a disgusted look. "I saw the flowers he put on your nightstand. No need to lie to me. It’s okay. I like Tony now. He’s good for you.”

I gave her one of my looks, “You want us to be a ‘we’ again?”

“Why not? He’s my Compadre.” She flashed me her pearly whites and I chuckled.

“Yeah, I don’t think that’s going to happen. The only love I need is from Leia and my father’s. That’s it.”

Rolling her eyes, she looked at me, “No mija, you and Tony belong together. Even your horoscopes says it.”

“You’ve been hanging out with Lily and Ceez way too much.”

She laughed and played with her bracelet. “What did you need?”

"Can you take care of Leia while I run to the drug store really quick?"

"Of course, what are you going to buy?" Feena held Leia's hand as she sucked on her bottle.Leia looked at Feena and smiled at her. I remained silent and stared at Feena, hoping she knew why. She looked back at me and her smile goes away swiftly. "You're pregnant again?"

"I don't know," I looked down at my princess and her green eyes shift up to mine, kicking her feet and making an exciting noise as she continues to drink out of her bottle.

"Aye Dios mio." Feena placed her hand on her forehead and leaned back. "Thank God it's from the same dad otherwise I'd slap you so hard across the face."

"I'll be back in five minutes. I promise. Just don't say anything to Tony if or when he stops by or your boyfriend!" I handed her Leia and she placed her on her lap and continued feeding her.

"I'm praying to Jesus that you're not. But then again, I'll be a Madrina again." She smirked at me and I shook my head while I laughed to myself.

I drove to the drug store down the block and looked for a test on the aisles. I looked for a good brand since I really need to know as soon as possible. I grabbed a purple box and walked up to the cash register but something stopped me on my way.Tony and Vic were heading towards the entrance of the store and I froze, not knowing what to do or where to hide. Either way it was too late.

Shit shit shit.

"Come on, Carolina loves those chocolates, I'm pretty sure other.....girls....will—Carolina?"

Dead. Dead. Dead. RUN!

I quickly hid the box behind me and forced a grin on my face as both boys approached me with their bright smiles. Tony walked forward and snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him, kissing my forehead. “How's the mother of my Princess Leia do—”

He felt the box on my hands and quickly took it out of my hand. Glancing at the box, he immediately drops his phone from his other hand while his jaw joined his cellphone. Vic took a look at the box and had on the same reaction as Tony but only he didn't have his phone on his hands.

"You're....p-pregnant again?" He said in a whisper. Not knowing what to say, I opened my mouth and blurted out whatever came out of it.

"It's for Feena." I was looking away from him, trying my best to not make eye contact with him so he can believe me and just let me go on with my day.

"You're lying. I know you damn well when you lie, Carolina. You blurt things out and can't keep your eyes on me. Your legs are even crossed."

I let out a sigh of defeat and looked up to his dark brown chocolate eyes. "I might be. Okay?" I shifted my eyes down to my sandals and my black painted toe nails while I pursed my lips.

"I knew you still had your baby fat but I didn't think you we—"

I scoffed, "Are you calling me fat!?" I folded my arms across my chest and gave him a nasty stare as I shifted all my weight to my left leg, leaving the other one to the side to rest.

"Learn to never call a lady fat Tone." Vic commented, taking a step away from him. Tony stayed still for a minute and walked away, holding his head with his hands and paced around in a circle.

"I didn't mean to—I just—" He let out a frustrated grunt and walked back to me. "Now I have to go through that emotional bi-polar phase again w—"

"I'm still here Tony." I grunted and tapped my right foot on the ground, my stare getting uglier with every word he that came out of his mouth. He smacked himself and faced down.

"Tony, Tony, Tony. You have LOTS to learn about respecting women after giving birth." Vic patted his back while shaking his head in disappointment. Tony finally looked up at me.

"Where's Leia?"

"Don't try changing the subject. You can forget about taking me out tonight." I stormed up to the cash register and hand the guy the box. He scanned it on the counter and looked at me.

"That'll be $7.54 ma’am.”

I turned around and glanced at Tony. "Pay the man since I might be carrying your child again!" I growled and walked away from the cashier.

"He called her fat and bipolar." Vic informed the confused cashier.

"Wrong choice of words, dude."

I left out of hearing range to listen to whatever else they were saying. I got to my car and quickly drove back to my place and ran to the bathroom. I slammed the door behind me and hurried on opening the box and getting the stick out. After a few minutes, I wait patiently for the results to come, but I heard the door knock.

"Carolina, I'm sorry."

Tony.

I ignored him and continued staring at the test, hoping it'd say I'm not pregnant.

"Baby, open the door." He turned the knob a couple of times and knocked again. “I didn't mean to call you fat.”

“YOU WHAT!?” I heard Feena shout.

I maintained my focus on the stick, my hands on my hips and biting my bottom lip. "Come on, come on."

"You leave me no choice." I heard him say, then it got quiet for a moment. After a few seconds, the door knob made a noise and it turned. The door opened but I just stare at the test on the counter.

"Baby, I'm really sorry. I was just panicking tha—" He stopped as he peered at the test in front of me. I pushed my hair back, away from my face, and covered my mouth.

"It could be a lie. They're not always accurate, right?"

He stepped closer, making sure he saw the results correctly and then looked back at me. “Aren't you on the pill?” I didn't say a word. "You stopped taking the pill, didn't you?"

"I didn't think I need to take it anymore."

"Well apparently you are SADLY MISTAKEN!" He raised his voice at me but didn't look away from the test. I grabbed my bottom lip with my hand and start to panic internally. Cussing myself out and giving myself a few punches here and there for being utterly stupid.