Maybe We're Just Having Too Much Fun?

Capítulo Veintiocho

"Mommy, daddy, what are you guys doing?"

Both mine and Tony's eyes grew wide when we saw Leia standing under the door frame. She had one hand on the door knob and the other rubbing her sleepy eyes. She was glancing at us, us being naked under the blankets.

We both look back at each other. Our mouths were slightly opened and not knowing what to tell her.

"Why didn't you lock the door!" I hissed at Tony, low enough for him to hear.

"Why do I always have to be the one locking the door? You're the one he threw me in bed." He shot back at me.

"You know she's a light sleeper. So you answer her question!" I whispered loudly at him.

He heaved a deep breath and looked back at Leia. She was carrying her stuffed Ariel mermaid and waiting for a response.

"Sweetie, we're just.....wrestling." Tony told Leia. I shoved a pillow on my face so I can scream into it. "We're going back to sleep now. You should too. You need your beauty sleep."

"Who's winning?" She holds Ariel up to her chest and my eyes grew wider than before.

"I am, baby."

I hit Tony on his shoulders with the palm of my hands, after removing the pillow.

"It's true!" He told me.

"What makes you think that!?" I shouted at him.

"You're always tapping out before me!" He whispered loudly to me. I gave him a nasty glare.

"Achoo!" Leia sneezed.

"Bless you," we both say in unison and our focus is back on our child.

"Are you guys fighting?"

"No!" We both say simultaneously again.

"Baby, go back to sleep. You have ballet class tomorrow in the afternoon." I smiled at her, wanting her to exit the room since I felt embarrassed already. I never expected us to get caught by our own kid.

"I want to wrestle with you guys."

Again we both shout, "NO!"

"Uh," Tony scratches his head but ends up falling on top of me.

"Nice one." I murmured.

"You can wrestle when you're older. Or no. You can't. Princesses can't wrestle!"

She shifted her eyes back to me, "So mommy isn't a princess, daddy?"

Pushing Tony off me, I cover my eyes with my arm and let him handle the situation since he made it worse.

"She's a queen. Now go back to sleep Leia. Mommy's already asleep."

"I can't sleep. I had a nightmare."

"Um, go to your room and I'll tuck you in and stay with you."

"Okay."

I heard the door being closed and Tony pulled my arm away from my face. "Thanks for leaving the conversation." He gave me his little attitude and shuffled out of the bed.

"You're the one giving her stupid answers. You brought that upon yourself so that makes you in charge of explaining it."

"Being parents means WE BOTH teach our kids—"

"Ya callate and go tuck her in!" I threw the pillow at him and covered my head with the other.
He murmured something under his breath and exist the room.

&&&

"Mommy! Mommy! Look it! Daddy got me princess Leia costume for Halloween!" Nicole ran to me with a bag of her Star Wars costume, that I know Tony bought for her.

Tony indeed made both our kids a Star Wars fan. He wasn't lying at all. I don't even know how that was even possible, but he did. Even though Nicholas, our son, is only two years old, he loves his Star Wars toys, bottles, blankets, etc.

I purchased a Disney Toy Story plate set, but he refused to eat without seeing a stormtrooper or any character from the show. It was pretty annoying, but whatever makes Nicholas happy, makes me....happy.

I smiled at Leia then crouched down to take a look at it from her tiny soft hands. "You're going to be a perfect princess, baby." I kissed her forehead and she continued smiling while looking at her costume.

"Luke is going to be a Stormtrooper!" She exclaimed and looked up to me.

I chuckled while rubbing her back. "Where's your baby brother anyways?" I asked her and she looked around, trying to find Tony and Nick.

"I don't know!" She put her hands up and stared at me, looking lost. "I was with daddy just now."

I picked her up, and carried her to the living room to look for Tony. I looked at the empty room, our new black leather couches, flat screen television, the TV stand that had Tony's xbox and Playstation 3. Then I look at our small bar near the dinning room. It was filled with Jack Daniels. Vodka, Malibu and all other alcoholic bottles. But he was no where. That's odd.

"I think he's out side, mommy."

"Why is he outside? He knows your abuela and abuelo are coming over for dinner." I fixed her bangs to the side and she shook her head rapidly.

"Fix your hair. It looks weird."

"You fix it for me." I smiled at her and she fixed my bangs also, pulling my hair in accident. I just laughed and also shook my head.

"Do you love daddy?" Leia looked down at her costume then played around with her small feet. She was wearing her ballerina shoes, tights, and her ballerina tutu. She just came back from her ballet class. She looked like me when I wore my leotard and tutu back when I was five. She liked dancing, like me, which made me happier. Carolina Junior.

"Of course I love your dad, baby. Why do you ask?"

She looked up at me with her gray eyes , "He loves you also." She smiled and I chuckled again.

"Do you love daddy?" I kissed her soft cheek.

"Yes! A lot! He buys me the whole store when we go out."

"You're his little princess, that's why. And you’re mine also."

"What about Nick?"

"Nick is our prince. And together we're a royal family. Now let's go find Daddy. My father and his mother should be here any minute."

"Can we first go to my room and find him there?" She said softly, looking back at her costume.

I lowered my eyebrows and agreed. She shouted in excitement and held my hand, making her way to her room. Once we got there, I looked around to see if Tony was there, knowing he wasn't going to be there.

"Do you see daddy in here, baby?"

She shook her head quickly, "No. Let's try the closet!" She pointed to it and I shook my head, while smiling. I opened the closet door and stepped back, asking her if he was inside. She sang a 'no' and continued giggling. A very skeptical giggle. I asked her again if she knew where he was at, but again she had 'no' clue.

"You're not lying to me now, are you? You know what happens when people lie."

"They don't get to become a princess or ballerina in outter space."

"That's right. Now, do you know where daddy is?"

"He's in the backyard with Uncle Mike." She looked down in defeat. "He told me not to tell you."

"Why would he do that?" I looked at her, and she looked away, ignoring my question.

"Look! It's Yoda! Can we go get him?" She pointed at the stuffed Yoda and kicked her feet in excitement.

I sighed and walked up to her toy chest and picked up Yoda for and set Leia on the ground. I handed Yoda to her and she smiled widely.

Half of Nick's room was Star Wars and half of Leia's room was Disney Princesses. And of course Princess Leia. Blah. There were Star Wars posters and stickers and stuffed characters from the movies everywhere. It gave me a headache whenever I entered their room. Why can't my kids like Elmo or Blue's Clues. Phineas and Ferb would be nice. But noooo, Tony wants them to be Star Wars fans. He even refused to sign Nicholas' birth certificate without him being named Luke. So I made that his middle name. He never calls them by Nicole or Nicholas. He rather call them by Luke and Leia.

Ugh.

"Let's go get your dad. I need to take Nick a shower before company comes. Your Madrina is on her way already."

"My Nina is COMING!?" She jumped up and down on the floor, emphasizing on 'coming'. Her tutu was moving around while she smiled brightly at me.

"Yes, but only if we go get daddy."

"But you can't mommy." I folded my arms across my chest and ask her why. "He told me to distract you so I can give him minutes." I moved my head back, curious to know more. I asked her again to tell me what he's doing. "I can't tell you." She covered her mouth and giggled.

I crouched down again and got on her eye level. "Leia Nicole Perry, why can't you tell me?"

She waved her hand to me, gesturing me to get closer to her. I do as I'm told and she walked to my ear, "It's a secret." She giggled again and grabbed my hand, pulling me to her toy chest. "Look it, it's Perry the Plapapus."

I laughed at the way she pronounced platypus and just gave up on trying to figure out what Tony was up to. I sat down next to her and watched her take out all her toys and stuffed animals from the toy chest.

Being a mother was great but hard. The tantrums they make, ticked me off, but seeing their smiles and giggles made the day a whole lot better. Leia was very talkative, just like me when I was little, so it's always fun having conversations with her. She always said the darnest things and it's just adorable. She goes on and on and just never stood quiet. I felt like I was that annoying before, or now.

I played with her for a bit until Nick came down the hallway. He was the quiet one, like Tony. He never talked. He knew some words but never said them only when he felt like it.

He held onto the door frame and peeked through the room. I smiled at him and gestured for him to come to me. He shook his head and hid his face from me. I put my arms down and asked him to come inside again. This time he stayed there for a second and started dragging his feet towards me, putting his head down. When he was standing in front of me, I put my hands on his waist and lifted him up and place him on my lap.

"Are you okay?" I talked softly to him. He shook his head up and down, not looking at me. I asked if he was hungry but he shook his head no, and sucked on his thumb. "Do you know what daddy is doing?" I kisses his warm cheek. He shook his head up and down. Smiling, I look back at him, "Do you mind telling me?" He shook his head no again and looked up at me.

I gave up again. It's actually surprising how they can keep a secret.

I tickled him and he started laughing and then screamed a "No!"

"Tell me what dad is doing?"

"No. Secret." He puts his finger on his mouth, shushing me. I rolled my eyes and continued smiling.

Leia came and handed Nick his small light saber. She sat on my lap and joined us. Nick has a light complexion compared to me. Leia is a bit darker than Nick but not a whole lot. She's still very light. Tony is darker than me, but I'm not white skinned. I'm brownish. It's weird how they're so light compared to us.

Nick got my mother's hazel eyes and Leah got my gray eyes. I was happy that they came out with my family's colored eyes.

Nicholas has very dark brown hair and Nicole has hers light brown. They looked a lot like each other, almost twins like Ceez and I but different hair color, well the shade.

I turned my focus on Nick, who was being weird and not playing with Leia.

"Let's go find daddy." I told them both and Leia quickly got off my lap and walked to the door.

I removed Nick from my lap and let him stand while I got off the ground. He looked up at me and placed his arms up, groaning and waving them in the air for me to pick him up. I bend down and carried him on my arms. He looked away from me and started sucking his thumb. I lifted my hand and remove it from his mouth but he made an angry noise and I let go immediately. I didn’t want him crying or screaming'.

Leia tugged on my hand, getting impatient. She pulled me forward and we started walking to the back yard. We went through the hallway to the living room and I saw Mike at the front door, heading out. Leia ran to him and he picked her up.

"Tio Mike! Don't go!" She told him while wrapping her small arms around his neck. I looked away, refraining from rolling my eyes from the sight of him.

For the record, Mike and I don't like each other nor can stand one another. Ever since he saw Tony and I kissing in Tony's place, he's been a douche, always giving me shitty replies or smart remarks. We usually argued when we have a conversation. I never liked seeing him around me. I got mad just by looking at his face. Made me want to punch him.

"I have to go home, Uncle Vic is waiting for me." He told my little ballerina.

"Are you guys going to wrestle at night like mommy and daddy?"

My eyes grew freakin wide at her question and Mike started to laugh out loud.

Dammit I'm going to kill Tony.

"No, Vic and I don't wrestle. Only a boy and girl can wrestle baby." He kissed her forehead. "When are we watching Harry Potter again? Huh?"

She whipped her head to me, "Mommy can I watch Harry Pobber with Uncle Mike? Please." She showed all of her tiny teeth at me. I would let her go but since we're having company over, she can't, so I said no.

Mike greeted me, out of nowhere, and I put on a smile and greet him back, politely. I didn't want to argue with him. I just wanted him gone already.

"Can I go with him? I promise I'll be nice."

Mike smiled at her and planted a kiss on her cheek. "I don't mind babysitting her and Nicholas at my place. I just came to get my shi—stuff that Tony borrowed."

Leia covered her mouth immediately, giggling.
I just laughed quietly. "She has to stay. Maybe another time. She has to take a bath."

"I wanna go with Mike!" She shouted at me, getting mad and crossing her tiny arms across her chest. I creased my eyebrows and looked at her.

"Don't scream at me, Leia. You can't go. Your grandparents are coming over."

"No! I want to see Harry Pobber with Uncle Mike!"

"What did I tell you about screaming at me like that? Just for that, you're not going."

She pouted her lip and buried her head on Mike’s neck, her little arm wrapped around his neck, and she started to cry quietly into his skin. Mike rubbed her back soothingly telling her he'll watch Harry Potter with her another day. But she continued to say no.

"Stop crying mamas," he kissed her head. "Princesses don't cry. When your abuelos come, I promise we'll watch Harry Pobber together, okay? I'll come back." She shook her head in agreement and continued to cling on to him, not wanting to let go.

I looked at Nick, who was still sucking his thumb and staring at Mike. He's a very weird kid just like Tony.

"You're not staying? I made a lot to eat tonight. Frenchi's coming." I teased him and I saw his cheeks turning a little pink. He turned around and stroked Leia's hair, softly. I couldn't help but laugh. "Just ask her out already! She's single."

"I don't know what you're talking about. The only amazing girl in this world is Leia. Isn't that right babe?"

She shook her head again and I rolled my eyes, still smiling. "Leia." I called out her name but she ignored me while Mike laughed.

"I really don't mind babysitting. I promise, I'll have them back before Tony's hot mother leaves."
His comment made me burst into laughter and Nicholas made a noise, wanting me to stop laughing so loud, but I couldn't help it. "You and Vic are so funny."

"Hey, for a grandmother, she's hot."

"Stop having wet dreams about her and take the kids. If Nicholas even wants to go." I looked down at him. "Do you want to go with Leia and Uncle Mike and watch Harry Pobber?"

He shook his head and looked away, his thumb was still inside his mouth, which bothered me.

"Tony Junior." Mike ruffled his hair and Nick did the same noise he made earlier but to him this time. "That kid hates everyone but you."

"He's a mommy's little boy." I kissed his head, talking in a little kids voice. "He only loves me. Isn't that right?" He shook his head up and down and I smiled in victory.

"Just like Tony."

"Get out of here already." I smiled and ushered him to the door. "Make sure you feed her!" I shouted as he made his way to his truck. He waved his hand up and I closed the door.

I walked to the kitchen to the sliding doors and found Tony looking suspicious. He looked at me and smiled widely while waving his hand at me. I continued looking at him, skeptically and Nick looked at him, and started waving his hands at Tone, wanting him to carry him.

"Luke!" Tony exclaimed and ran to him, carried him and spun him around, which caused Nicholas to giggle.

"What were you doing? Leia lied to me earlier."

He walked closer to me and planted a kiss on my lips, "Why would she lie?" He pretended he didn't know anything and kissed me again. Nick got mad and smacked Tony's chest. "What was that for?"

Nick groaned angrily at him and looked away.

"She told me you told her to distract me so you could do something. She said it's a 'secret'." I crossed my arms and looked at him, but he just continued to smile.

"Maybe I bought her something and I told her to say that to you while I hid it?"

"Really? What did you buy her then?"

"A playground set." He smiled even more wider, from ear to eat and I just shook my head and went to the kitchen to check on the food.

He laughed at me. He walked towards me then snaked his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "I love you, Carolina." He kissed my shoulder lightly and his curious hand starts to go under my jeans and I slapped it away from me. I turned around and glared at him, but he found it intriguing and tried to kiss me.

I pushed him away, gently. "Not in front of Nicholas. You know he gets mad. Go take him a shower and get ready!" He tried kissing me again but I pushed him away towards the hallway.

"Fine." He said, in defeat and walked to the hallway and disappeared.

After a few minutes, I turned off the flame and headed to my room to lay down. Tony came in with a fresh and bare Nicholas in his arms and wrapped inside a towel. He was crying and I looked at Tony. He started talking to him in his little kid voice to calm him and down. Shortly after, Nick stopped crying and started to suck on his thumb.

"He didn't want to get out of the tub." Tony informed me and I smiled, covering my face with the fluffy burgundy pillow that was next to me, so I can rest my eyes for a bit.

Feena stopped somewhere to get some drinks and my dad was on the freeway already. I called Tony's mother and she barley left her house. I wanted to rest since they'll be here within an hour or two, since it's traffic hour and it gave me time to sleep. I had a long day today, the cooking and cleaning took all morning and afternoon.

Tony rubbed lotion all over Nick's bare skin and dressed him up in his black and gray flannel and his small denim shorts. He then put his tiny vans over his black socks. Nick was slowly falling asleep, so Tony lays him down in our bed and then joins us. I could feel the mattress sinking in a bit and I just completely ignored it and got some shut eye.

My boyfriend got ahold of my hand and kissed it softly and I smiled. He pulled it closer to him and kissed each of my fingers slowly and then places it on his chest and started moving it down his shirt and I just start giggling under the pillow.

"Tony! Stop. At least wait until he sleeps." I said, under the pillow and he just chuckled.

"I'm sorry. But I have a question."
I hummed, waiting for him to ask me. I didn't want to talk.

"You're not gonna look at me?"

I didn't move after a few seconds, but then slowly remove the pillow from my face and looked at him, raising an eyebrow. "Yes?"

He pulled out some plastic laminated board with different size holes punched in everywhere. "I stole this from a store and I just wanted to see what size ring you wear?"

I raised one of my eyebrows again and just stared at him confusingly. "Why do you wan—" my voice trailed off and he looked nervous. His eyes are looking down at the plastic chart thing, tracing the circles with his index finger.

Is he planning on proposing to me?

My heart was pounding on my chest as I looked at him with wide eyes, blinking a couple of times to see if this is really happening and I'm actually seeing the ring size chart in his hands.

"Well, y-you know. If I-I ever want to propose to you, I....I want to know what ring size you wear so it could fit perfectly."

A smile crept in my lips, and I glanced at his brown eyes. "Tony, I know you're not the romantic type of boyfriend, but you're supposed to surprise your girlfriend by proposing to her without her knowing you are going to pop the question soon."

I tried not to make him feel bad even though he kinda ruined the surprise which upset me a bit but come on, it's Tony Perry. I'm flattered that he wanted to marry me one day, I really am. I just wanted it to be a surprise and not him asking me what ring size I was. I thought he would know by holding my hand for so many years now. Or at least steal one of my rings from my jewelry box and measure it with the ring he wanted to get me.

"Fuck that. I want to marry you, so I'll be straight up with you. You hate secrets anyways. So which one fits your finger?" He holds up my hand and inserts my fingers on one of the holes which makes me smile. "This one?"

"It's too big." I replied.

"That's what she said...well...you said."

A loud laugh escaped from my mouth as I covered it up with the pillow. I just saw him laughing quietly through the small opening of the pillow.

He continued inserting my fingers through the smaller holes. "Your fingers are so skinny."

I flipped him off with my middle finger and tried going back to sleep.

"Have you found it?" I asked, after a few minutes, through the pillow on my face. I felt the cold breeze coming from the window, inches away from me. It's April and the clouds were all gloomy and it felt like the rain was going to hit soon in Chula Vista. I'm a fan of the rain, so Spring is my favorite season.

"Uh, no. Does this one fit?" He inserts it into a small hole. His warm hands made me want to cuddle with him and fall asleep in his chest but he needed to get washed up soon.

"It feels tight."

He laughed at my response and it took me a second to realize why. I ended up laughing with him for a few seconds. "You're so sick minded."

"If you know why I'm laughing, that's because you're also thinking dirty."

I rolled my eyes and then closed them "Continue finding my ring size while I fall asleep. Don't forget to get ready! I called your hot mom and she left her house a few minutes ago."

"I won't forget." He said briefly.

A few minutes passed by and he stayed quiet. His hands were sweating now.

"H-how about this one?"

My eyes pop open wide and my heart made a complete stop as I felt a metal like ring being placed on my finger. I'm pretty sure the ring chart doesn't feel this way, so there's only two explanations to why I feel this ring on my finger.

A. It's a ring that he got from my jewelry box. He's trying to see if it's fits perfectly on that exact finger.

Or

B. He's proposing to me. Right now. In this very moment. Holy shit.

Is that why Leia lied to me? And distracted me inside her room while Tony hid the ring? Because Tony was planning to pop the question today? Knowing his mother and my father are coming over soon? He planned this day all out? Or maybe I don't know what I'm feeling on my finger right? The pressure of the hole sampling ring thing Tony stole from the store is maybe too tight on me and I can't feel it?

I know I'm wrong.
It's B since he brought up marrying me.

I remained frozen in bed. I couldn't get myself to move or remove the pillow from my face. My body was tensed up and I don't even know if I'm breathing right now.

Tony slowly removed the big pillow from my head, to see if I was asleep but he saw me staring off into space.

I slowly looked towards his direction and saw him looking at me, nervously and holding my hand, patiently waiting for me to respond to his question.

I glanced down to my hand where I saw the platinum ring that had a big shimmery princess cut diamond in the center follow by two other small princess cut diamonds on either sides. No color, just white diamonds on a platinum band, that happens to be around my finger. My finger! It's very beautiful. Brilliant. Flawless. Breath taking. The perfect ring I ever laid my eyes on. It even looks rather expensive, but fits perfectly!

I just covered my mouth with my other hand by looking at it. Tears started to build up on my eyes and my heart pulse started to increase dramatically. I'm left speechless and gazing at the ring in my finger.

"Marry me, Carolina."

Still in utter shocked that he placed a ring on my finger, I look back into his dark chocolate eyes, not removing my hand from my mouth. He wasn't smiling or playing around. He was being serious and this is a serious moment. He's really proposing to me!

Am I ready to marry him? Is he even ready to make this HUGE commitment? We're talking about LIFE here. Not just a few years or months of being married, but LIFE.

I want my wedding at a Catholic church, even though he has no religious views. I DO. We even had a discussion that our kids are getting baptized in a catholic church, which was one of the reasons why we broke up, but back to the proposal, I WANT MY WEDDING AT A CHURCH WITH A PRIEST. He doesn't like church at all so I don't know how we're doing this......if I say yes.

But seeing that he has changed a shit load since Leia was born, he seems ready. I mean we still had our arguments here and there and we broke up about three times within the past three years because of completely stupid things that you'd probably say we're full of idiocy, but I don't know. I love Tony with all my heart. We've practically been together for five years but only three of them are official cause the other two were just hell....I love him. He loves me. We have two wonderful kids together and he hasn't bailed on us. He's a father so basically he's ready to become a husband. Right?

My heart continued racing as I parted my lips to respond to his question.

To be continued...