50 Shades of Sean

Remember when, you were my boat and I was your sea.

Sean's P.O.V

The sea calmly lapped against the edge of the pier where myself and my two best friends, Gavin and Snoz, were sitting. It was about nine o'clock at night in early July, and I was going away to camp tomorrow, which is why we were sitting on the pier in the first place. Gavin had stolen a few cans of beer from his parent's house, which was situated right beside the pier, just above the beach. I think he meant it as a farewell party, but it didn't feel like I was leaving tomorrow.
I looked up at the sky, which was a spectrum of colours, ranging between light blue and deep orange, wondering why the hell I agreed to go to stupid summer camp, which is miles away from my own home and probably filled with dickheads that I wouldn't get along with.
Well, I do know why, I was sick and tired of the same old thing, over and over again. And also, one of my neighbours went when he was my age and he said that it was honestly one of the best experiences of his life.
How often do I sit on this pier with my friends? Maybe once a month, if even that.
We used to do it all the time when we were younger, but since the school year that had just gone by had been our last one, we were all too busy "studying". I'd like to think that I studied extremely hard for my exams, but in retrospect it was easy to tell that I spent far too much time arsing about with my old girlfriend. I don't even know why I agreed to be her boyfriend, since she is the most narcissistic, condescending person I have even spoken to in my entire life. She dragged me everywhere with her, as if I was some sort of trophy. Everyone at school congratulated me for being able to "pull the hottest girl in school", but god almighty going out with her was the stupidest decision that I have ever made. Well, second stupidest, since I'm going away to this camp for the next four weeks when things where I live are just beginning to get exciting again. I didn't even find her attractive, I guess I just wanted to stop people from thinking that I was some sort of saddo who couldn't get a girlfriend.
Without warning, Snoz swung his arm around my shoulders.
'I'm gonna miss you, Seanie. Don't forget us,' he drunkenly slurred. Snoz is such a lightweight, he was only on his second can. I hated how he was acting, as if I was moving away to Timbuktu or something, rather than going about 400 miles down the road to some trivial little summer camp.
'Aha, I'll try,' I said, not too concerned about starting a conversation right now because I'm too busy thinking about my own sad life. Well it could be worst, I could be one of those teenagers who spend their free time writing and reading fan fiction about ban members, right?
Gavin was sitting quietly, staring at a little canoe which was tied to one of the bollards on the pier. He glanced suspiciously at me, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.
'You wouldn't,' I said, laughing.
'I would and I am,' he replied, jumping up and walking towards it. I followed him over, knowing that the three of us would never get into that thing, and laughing at the idea.

Five minutes later, I was sat between the two, who were rowing furiously across the calm bay. I'd say they were enjoying themselves thoroughly, since there was laughing madly and talking about how they had never rowed before. I, of course, was the big emo in between them, shivering at how cold it had suddenly gotten, and wishing that I didn't leave my hoodie on the pier.
'Guys, where are we even going?' I asked.
'To the other pier, duh,' Gavin teased.
There are two piers on either side of the little bay, and people often row between them. Well, usually the people in the local rowing club, and experienced tourists. It isn't that big of a distance, about 3 miles, and the sea wasn't rough at all, but anything could go wrong when the three of us are on a bloody canoe. Gavin stood up abruptly, causing the canoe to swing wildly.
'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?' I yelled furiously, as he took his tshirt off.
'What does it look like? I'm going for a swim,' he said, as if it was the most natural thing in the world to do at this moment.
'Oooooh me too!' Snoz replied, and joined him with taking his clothes off. I looked over and noticed that Gavin had dropped his oar into the sea.
'GAVIN OH MY GOD YOU DROPPED YOUR FUCKING OAR!' I shrieked.
'Calm down, it's not sinking that fast, I'll get it.' he said, jumping in after it, which caused the canoe to sway yet again.
I could feel my stomach churning, I really hated anything to do with the sea because my uncle got drowned a few years ago.
I ducked to avoid getting hit in the face as Gavin's oar flew onto to boat. At the same time, Snoz lept in. The two of them were on the left side of the canoe, threading water as they laughed and shivered.
'Come on Sean, it's your turn!' Snoz shouted as he quickly swam through the turquoise water towards the other pier. We were only about 100 metres from it, and I could vaguely see the outline of the many fish boxes which were stacked up against it. Gavin followed him, and I just sat there, watching the two of them effortless glide away from me. Then it hit me, the two eejits were going to leave me on this canoe, alone. That's when I started to panic.
'WHAT ARE YOU TWO IDIOTS DOING? GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW! I AM NOT ROWING THIS FUCKING CANOE BACK TO THE PIER ON MY OWN!' I screamed desperately, but they just laughed as they climbed up onto the pier. They made faces at me, and continued to tell me to stop being such a pussy and swim over. I looked down, and noticed that all their clothes were still in the canoe. The two of them were standing on the other pier, and it would take them the best part of two hours to walk back to Gavin's house in their boxers along the road, and a good half an hour to swim. I held up their clothes and I saw Gavin's face turn pale.
'YOU WOULDN'T DARE!' he shouted nervously.
'I WOULD, AND I WILL,' I shouted back.
The two of them quickly jumped into the sea again and started swimming furiously towards the canoe. They jumped on, which caused it to almost tip over. Then I heard this huge crack. I slowly dragged my eyes down to where I heard the noise and lifted my foot.
'CHRIST ALMIGHTY!' Gavin screamed.
The side of the goddamn canoe was beginning to break off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've finally stopped procrastinating and decided to write another Smatkins fic because of boredom.
Sorry if there's any mistakes, I have an awful headache.

Title: Fireworks - You Me At Six.